Spider-Man 4 Villain? UPDATE - NO

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Paladin, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ya Brock was a buff guy not some tiny kid who likes to smoke pot lol

2. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Darn thing is, the Batman franchise was so broken, it took an entirely new director and leading actor to win back the fans. The franchise was so broken, they had to reboot continuity. It took them 8 years!

Spider-Man 4 seems in continuity with Spider-Mans 1-3. The director and leading actor are coming back. It's not a decade between films, but a few years. None of these signs point to "good." This is not like the Batman Begins at all. If anything, it's like Batman Forever to Batman & Robin.

Spidey 1 was good, Spidey 2 is one of my favorite superhero films ever. Spidey 3 was probably as bad as Batman Forever, not as bad as Batman & Robin. Considering Raimi is returning for #4, however, I'm predisposed toward expecting Spidey 4 as not being very good.

For better or worse, I thought Spidey 3 was the end of a trilogy. All the stories concluded, did they not? I can totally appreciate the need for the Spider-Man series to continue to make movies. I enjoy the James Bond movies, too. But at least the James Bond movies had the good sense to reinvent themselves (for better or worse) and stay relevant. A lot of good can come out of further Spider-Man movies. I think Sam Raimi has outstayed his welcome with it, and I really think Tobey Maguire needs to be recast. I always thought he was "okay" in the role. Kind of like Val Kilmer as Batman. He is never truly awful, and I can sort of shrug and go, "eh, he's not so bad," but in no way is he ideal for the role.

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

awesome, and to that "spiderman 3" sucks comments, i still thought it was a good movie, they shoved WAY too many villains in it though. should of stuck with just one, like harry. or just the sandman. but it just had WAY TOO many characters. they should of kept brock *was that his name? the guy who became venom* in the story, but kept him from becoming venom until the end, and then, ended it there. with the NEXT film being about venom, but nope they had to shove 3 villains in it, and kill off 2 lol!

4. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    he could team up with blade :D 

5. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  6. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Took me four years to see Spider Man 2. Still haven't seen Spider Man 3. Not thrilled about Morbius. Most likely not gonna see Spider Man 4 unless, by some wacky turn of events, it ends up being a tie-in to the Avengers movie.

7. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    You do know they didn't make the third and subsequently fourth films specifically with you in mind, right?

Anyway, while I'd like Lizard, I think the idea of Morbius is great - AS LONG AS they stick to the "one villain" from the first couple of films. I hate it when you get a mishmash of 3 or 4 :( 

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Stilt Man or GTFO.

9. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    How about Zombie Uncle Ben?

10. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Save that stack of gold for the inevitable Daredevil reboot.

11. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

i was almost expecting them to wait till the end of the movie to intro venom. like wait till one of the last scene's before the big sandman battle for the bell tower, and then not see eddie turn into venom till the very last scene.

12. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

1. Dig deeper. Raimi had talked about Morbius long before Twilight, or SM3, was every released.

2. Morbius would go well with "animal themed" villains like the Lizard, since both used medical treatments based on animals (vampire bat, reptiles) to heal disorders. You could even tweak that idea and apply it to technological SM villains such as Rhino, the Vulture, Scorpion, etc - essentially doing to them what was done with Spidey's Web Shooters. Now, toss in Kraven as the man intent on hunting the man-beasts...

3. Why do people insist on thinking sequels are based on quality? Its all about Box Office, and if you didn't notice, SM3 cleaned up.

13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Unfortunately I think the main villain in Spider-man 4 is going to be Sam Raimi.

No, that would be awesome.
    And Morbius could have suckers on his hand and say in awful Euro-trash accent that he needs "plasma".

LOL -beat me to it.

14. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    I'd love to see the Lizard.

15. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    A lot of people are speculating this might happended. But I rather have Team Weisman handle it than Team Raimi.

16. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:

I like this idea, actually. Would easily fit into the mistaken-identy/"who's really the bad guy as opposed to just in the wrong place at the wrong time" from so many comic team-ups.

Lizard out doing mad scientist things to animals or at the zoo, Morbius happens to be at a scene, Spidey thinks it's him, hijinks ensue, things cleared up for big fight last 20 minutes of film. Throw in drama of Pete doubting self and MJ. End with him walking away from suit in a trashcan a la JR jr. cover. Gives out for series until contract renewals are nailed down for mail players, plus a hook for the inevitable sequel.

17. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Does anyone else see the awesome potential for fight scenes between Spidey and Morbius? That's going to be awesome!

The cash cow goes "Mooooo"

Sigged. :lolol 

18. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Remember, Conners was in Spiderman 2 and 3 played by well known character actor Dylan Baker. Using such a well known face make sit look like the Lizard was always planned.

Though I think a Rami run Morbius story would be pretty cool, I think Lizard and Kraven would be tons better.

And with Morbius, can Zombies be far behind?

19. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was hoping we'd get Carnage, hope we still get Lizard though, they've been leading up to it for the past 2 movies and I really want to see him.

20. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    they have to use lizard and kraven the hunter would be cool too as long russel crowe doesn't play him.