Spider-man 3 toys are out!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Batman, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The 5 inch toys are out here in Canada. They were at Zellers. I only picked up Venom. They suck pretty bad.

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Haha the enthusiasm of the title contrasted by the cold attitude of the post itself and then the one sentence negative review...hilarity has ensued

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Heh, I laughted as well.

"HEY! They're out!!! But they suck something awful!!!"

4. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Spider-man Signature series 2 are out as well. I got Iron Spider but passed on the rest. I love the Mego look. I'm sure some sick bastard will think these Spider-man 3 toys kick ass.

5. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I was at Target last night and the Spider-Man Origins figures (the ones on the cards) were on clearance - I assume to make room for Spidey 3. So now I'm afraid I'm going to have to hurry up and grab the ones I passed on (the villains). Only one they had was Demogoblin. :-(

6. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Is that MP Convoy on Ghost Rider's bike??? (so not caring about the Spider-mam 3 toys...)

7. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You damn skippy it is prime on the bike!!!

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    dude. signature series 2 have been out like forever. ive even had my signature series thread die on me, tho u can still see pics in my collection thread.

u got a bigger pic of prime on GRs bike? im tempted to buy it now just to recreate that.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah sucks, its bad enough that the movie toys are smaller in scale compared to ML but to read that they're "bad" is pretty depressing...

10. TimothyVernon

TimothyVernon Well-Known Member

pictures?

11. JD

JD Well-Known Member

So they're crap huh?

I'm debating whether I should buy an second Origins two pack (with Doc Ock) just to make a decent Black Spidey

12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now the question is, are they really crap, or are you just talking about them from the mindset that kid-oriented, gimmick-laden action figures are crappy? Just out of curiosity. Because if the former, then I foresee a lot of unhappy kids. If the latter, then this is the wrong toyline for you. Wait until the 6" Legends series is released.

13. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will post Ghost Rider Prime pics later today when I get home from work. Signature series 2 just came out up here in the great white north.

As for Spider-man 3. I looked at all the figures, which do have crappy action features, but they also have poor sculpting. There is no resemblance between the actors and figures. Paint apps are terrible. Slop all over the place, faces smeared. Plastic is of cheap quality, like dollar store quality. Also very limited articulation. I will take some pics of Venom. He is purple.

14. JD

JD Well-Known Member

My Classics Venom (series 16) order can't arrive faster!

15. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know if they are putting out larger figures or if they are going with 5 inch scale as the main line. I just assumed they would repaint Spider-man 2 toys and that the only new figures would be Harry and Venom. They are striving for a very action feature based line and thats great if executed right. Unfortunately they lack quality. If you like the design of Harry as the Goblin. Pick him up. I don't know if he has a feature but he comes with his snowboard looking hover thing and some bombs. He is wearing his mask as well. I would say he is the best looking figure, I just think the movie design is terrible for him though so I passed on it. They were only $9.99 Cdn each, but so are the Ghost rider figures and they are of better quality.

Like I said earlier, Venom is Purple. I think he is Purple/Black in Ultimate Spider-man but he has always been black. From the looks of the Sideshow toys and Spidey in the movie the costume is black as well. I don't know why they chose purple, but he is purple. The webbing lines are silver on the costume and are lazily painted on often leaving the raised webbing umpainted and the smooth part with slop on it. He comes with some kind of black rubber rubber symbiote net thing that I guess you throw on Spider.

Articulation wise he has:

Ball jointed neck
    Ball jointed shoulders
    Pin elbows
    Ball jointed hips like on marvel legends series one Captain America or series ten Cyclops.
    Ball jointed knees
    Cut wrists

The plastic is very cheap feeling. Like the stuff they use to make green army men or those little cheap dollar store ninjas.

The package comes with a Spiderman sticker which is the picture displayed on the front. It looks like a stock image from spider-man 2. The card back shows all the different figures in the wave. There are 2 different venoms. I can't remember the name of mine, like web trap or something like that.

If I wasn't a Spidey whore I probably would have passed on Venom, but if you are a MOC collectoer you might like them. Just look for the ones with the best paint. Oh and it came with a paper insert describing how the symbiote came from space and joined Parker, but Peter was like "step off" so the symbiote hooked up with Eddie and then they were like "we're gonna kick your ass now bitch". My own words of course.

I have not taken pics of Venom yet,m I will do it when I go home. I do have Prime on the bike though, I just have to upload them.

16. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thaat's kind of a drag :( 

17. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Like KA I am tempted to get the 12" GR w/Bike now that I have seen your avatar.

18. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here are venom pics

Sorry for they kind of suck

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here are some prime pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

When was the last time a movie toyline didn't generally suck?