Spider-Man (1994 TV Series)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by TrueNomadSkies, Jan 25, 2012.

1. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

So along with watching Gargoyles & X-Men on Disney XD, I've also gotten to watch quite a lot of the 90's Spider-Man show, and it's even better than I remember. One of my favorite things has always been that it largely had to do with Peter Parker instead of "just" Spiderman & his villains, and now that I'm older, the writing has really come through.

Plus, each episode seems to have so much in it, but without having to be rushed or otherwise half baked, and it's a quality that in my opinion, very few shows tend to do. I think Peter/Spider-Man's constant self reflections have a lot to do with this, and yeah. Definitely one of the better shows of my time. :) 

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I absolutely love the 1994 Spider-Man series. It contained so many epic storylines - the Black Costume saga, Neogenic Nightmare, Six Forgotten Warriors, Secret Wars and so on. The show remains my definitive on-screen portrayal of Spider-Man. I still can't get over the fact that it hasn't received proper closure.

3. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Big Green Dead?

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    One of the Best Superhero Shows of the 90's. (With Superman, Batman, X-Men, Iron Man, Freakazoid, and The Tick).

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    This: It drives me nuts to this day that it hasn't had a proper finale.

5. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    one of the 5 Spider-man shows i have seen

i watched this series alot on youtube back on 2005 to 2007, i even rented Dvds of it on blockbuster (miss blockbuster, dman backrunptcy)

6. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    This show should have had a proper DVD release years ago.

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Yeah, this cartoon was Amazing.

8. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Ah, one of my favorite cartoons from the 90s. I loved how, if you were reading the comic, a lot of the storylines made their way to the cartoon. It was just an amazing thing to see stuff you read being translated onto the small screen, with voices and animation. That's one of the things I loved about the X-men show as well, and I think I can understand why so many from that generation consider that era's X-Men as their definitive one. Marvel made such an effort to try and bring a unified look and character through so much media (video games, comics, toys, tv etc), which you hardly see now.

9. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The series was good! :thumb 

Especially when Venom, and later Carnage first appeared!

Who else besides me thinks that Felicia Hardy was absolutely beautiful in this series? :drool: 

10. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

My favorite cartoon back in the 90's [and still one of my favorite cartoons to this day].

I still consider it to be the best Spider-Man TV series ever [while "Spetacular" came close, this series still wins], hell, this series used The Kingpin better than Comic Books usually use.

This show made the Symbiote saga hundrend times better [this show created the whole "the symbiote is an evil thing manipulating Spider's mind", before that the Symbiote just made Peter tired], and created a classic Venom [oh god, DAT VOICE], and I prefer their version of Black Cat [The whole "super soldier serum 2.0" thing seemed interesting].

I do think this show is overlooked very often [people don't remember the above-mentioned fact, for intance], it did a lot of new and interesting things but few people give it the credit it is worhty.

11. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    This series was one of the biggest parts of my childhood and I still love it to this day. Easily the best Spiderman cartoon there's been.

12. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    I adored this show, I remember getting up ridiculously early to watch it because that was the only times repeats were on. I still watch it today of I see it on. Definitely my favourite Spider-man cartoon, closely followed by TSSM. I also found it funny that Margaret Loesch, who was one of those responsible for its cancellation, is the CEO of The Hub :lol ........................:mad 

Why does every fucking Spider-man cartoon get cancelled?

13. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    As BlackCat maybe. :drool: 

Yes! I remember this series and I so wanna own it on DVD but I dont find it here. T.T
    Speaking of arcs:The NeoGenesic Nightmare used to creep me out, especially the episodes showing Spiderman becoming the Man-Spider. First with the 6 arms and then the final transformation. T.T Haha, so cool to see Vulture getting infected to cure Spiderman. ;) 
    The Venom episodes were always my favourites, bah, they still are. :thumbs2:  I am always going to prefer this version of Venom over the one from "Spiderman 3", the writers took their time to developt Eddie's misery. :p 
    I do feel bad that the series didnt have a real ending. :(  I think "Spiderman Unlimited" is a sequel to this one, right? Because, I think, during the first moments of Unlimited, the Spidey theme from "Animated series" can be heard. :S Oh well, at least we manage to see Spidey hanging around with Stan Lee. XD

14. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Was Spider-Man Unlimited really a sequel? It had a totally diff animation style, not to mention it didn't seem to have any clear connection to the previous one. I find it funny that during that time, DC had Batman Beyond, while Marvel had Spider-Man Unlimited, both drastically revamped shows and with vastly diff characters than ones in established mythology.

15. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Well, I had that impression when the original Spiderman showed up in the first episode of "Unlimited" and used the same music from "Animated Series". :S Of course, could mean nothing also. ^^'
    Funny you mentioned "Batman Beyond", while I completely lost interest in Spiderman thanks to "Unlimted", I got so hooked with Batman for watching "B:Beyond", it was such a great series! :drool: 

16. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    This is my favorite Spider-Man cartoon.

17. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    This show did a good job of stripmining the 70s and 80s comics for a lot of the best storylines in the Spider-Universe (much like the x-men series at that time), updated many designs and concepts into stuff that better fit the medium and the era (which is impressive in its own right), but much like the X-men series, when the animation suffered, BOY HOWDY was it bad, especially towards the end. I will give the animation props for using CGI for some of the cityscape sequences, which really got across the frantic nature of web-slinging.

I'm unable to find a picture of it, but in the episode where they introduce Mysterio Spider-man goes to the Museum and there's a big sign that just says "MUSEM" and I've always found that hilarious.

18. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    I love this show, especially the venom saga.

19. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Never understood why this show isn't considered the best Spider-Man cartoon. I feel like this show is the definite portrayal of Spidey, similar to BTAS and Batman.

20. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Because it never had the cultural impact that the 60s Spider-man had. Other than the Superfriends, I don't think there had really been a mainstream Batman cartoon until BTAS (aside from the Filmation / HB Batman stuff that's often tied in with other characters like Scooby Doo or Superman) came along and really solidified in the minds of the audience what definitively made a Batman cartoon. Superman had had a number of animated shows by that point and was more or less solidified as a concept, and Spider-man's show had done so decades beforehand.

It also might be how long shows have been a part of the zeitgeist and passed down through the collective consciousness. If you walked up to someone and sang the 60s Batman or Spider-man theme songs, they would most likely be able to sing along. With the 90s Batman or Spider-man themesongs, maybe not.