Spider-Girl Cancelled (Again)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primal, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    I know there's a few fans around here...

Source: Newsarama

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Boy a certain Editor in Chief really hates the Peter -Mary Jane marriage even in alternate realities. He must erase all traces of it.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I wonder if it will get a last-minute reprieve again.

4. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

They should stick her in 616 perhaps that'd sell better. I never read the book. Though I loved when Joe Q used the fact that because of the title's low sales nobody wanted to read about the marriage of Peter/MJ and their kid. A what a great way to justify OMD:rolleyes: 

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Sheesh, how many cancellations does this make? I really like this series, too, though I think it lost something when it became Amazing Spider-Girl, the first 100 seemed better.

Marvel seems pretty devoted to their plans these days, moreso than when Spider-Girl was last saved from the chopping block. They seem to want to keep MC2 to a single title and Spider-Man Family being the only place in the future to see Mary Jane Parker, they probably think joining those diehard MJ fans with Spider-Girl's will help both in sales.

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

wait...they plan on cancelling this and not the other Amazing title (Spider-Man)...what are they thinking...i would rather have this than ASM. But Joe is the man (didnt mean it that way) so he gets to mess it up however he wants.

7. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bastards. >.<

I bet this is in part due to all the (justified) shots Amazing Spider-Girl took at Brand New Day.

Well, that's a shame. Marvel just killed one of the few talking points I had in trying to convince people there's still fun stories to be had in their books, beneath all the Big Crossover Events To End Them All (tm).

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I should have put this on my pull list. I feel bad.

9. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    yeah cause sales on ASM are horrid.

Been a diehard spidey reader since Amazing #200 way back in 1980 havent missed a spider related title since. what spider-girl really lacks is progression, the character needs to evolve, I mean even Peter graduated high school, went to college, dropped out of college, moved out on his own, ect ect ect. May has been in high school since the beginning with no signs of graduation or even a promotion between grades. I love Tom D and all but he needs to shift gears a little..........and IMHO i cannot stand Frenz's art, god it makes my eyes bleed

10. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

*beats head on wall* Damn it! :( 
    I loved this series. Hopefully they'll at least do one shots/miniseries now and then if they DONT do the Spiderfamily thing. Heck, worked for Power Pack.

11. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

I don't want this to sound like a dig at you (because its not) , but I find it ironic that the very progression that you say ASG needed to show is the very thing Marvel wants to remove from Amazing Spiderman.

12. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

This, dammit.

I think my head will explode if DC does another Crisis. Marvel too.

13. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Marvel has at least 3 more planned. They tend to leak them months ahead. I think DC is taking a break after Final Crisis.

14. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

DAMN YOU QUESADA!!!!!!

I have been following Mayday since the What If story. I have always loved the character, and sometimes even counted on the book being around when everything else in my life has been chaotic.

It's also the main reason I've been able to keep faith in Marvel after "One More Day." At least their still married in this universe, I'd tell myself. At least Spider stories can still be good.

And now what do I have left? The only other Marvel books I get are Ultimate, and with the direction you've been heading, I doubt those are gonna be worth reading much longer either.

I may me done with Marvel after this. And I say this as a life long Marvel fan who loved Onslaught, Civil War, and is so far enjoying Secret Invasion. I say it as the guy who thinks Ben Reilly is the best character ever and there are great stotries to be found in the Clone Saga.

I say it with a heavy heart, but there it is.

I think I may be done with Marvel after this.

15. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    oh i heartly agree, I am not happy with the whole OMD debacle or the direction of ASM, but i look at it this way i have 28 years of my life invested in this character, I enjoy the characters as they literally are a huge part of my life. bottom line is, nothing lasts forever. spidey will be married again, when? dunno. how? dunno. but im sure one day my grandkids (lord willing) will ask me if i remember when spidey wasnt married. would be nice is ASG lasted as long, who knows. I mean it took Rob Schrab 10 years to finish Scud the Disposable Assassin (one of my favorite books of all time) so anything is possible

16. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    I don't read the book (or ASM for a few years either), but what sorta shots? Or is there a list somewhere I can go see to laugh at?

17. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They burned me when they canceled Wild Thing. Now this is just a slap to the face!!! meh who am I kidding and who cares.:2c: 

18. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I picked up a lot of Spider-Girl back in the day, mostly during the end run and then back issues. I liked the fact the stories were much more light hearted (relatively) and picked a lot of the early Amazing Spider-Girl during the relaunch.

But then I had a big purge on my pull list, and amongst the wreckage was ASG as well as the myriad of Transformers comics.

19. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Nah, apparently the next big one for DC is Blackest Night. It's not so much a Crisis though as an evolution of the whole GL Sinestro Corps storyline.

20. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i was the same but after buying it month after month, you get used to it...but he aint the worse.