Speculations: Flying Mind leading to Season Finale?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Arashistorm, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just watched through all the available eps of Season 2 of TFPrime and when I got to Flying Mind, a scene caught me that I remember bothering me before. When Ratchet is talking to the ship, the ship explains that its mission was to retrieve the Iacon relics (well, Decepticon weaponry), but when asked 'why?/what for?' the ship hung up.

So, with Shockwave's appearance sometime in the future, anyone think that perhaps he or another set of Decepticons gave the Nemesis the orders for some other purpose? Megatron is also unaware of the ship's reasoning since it was going for the relics without his instruction (even ignoring the spark extractor, which was an Autobot relic, if I remember correctly?).

Anyways, big question is, do you think the cybertronian/whoever in charge of setting this mission for the Nemesis will be part of the finale for this season?

2. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's more likely that the Season 2 Finale will involve some big bad guy who's introduced in the last 4 or 5 episodes that the A-bots and D-cons defeat before the last 10 minutes of the Finale than some conspiracy involving a new player and the Nemesis.

But I will say this: what you found sounds awesome and if the Nemesis does become a player in the show again, I would love to see something like this be a part of it.

3. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I posted this in another thread but here is my theory and it's actually one I like for a change, I usually hate my ideas

I wonder if that's how they are going to introduce Shockwave.

Using the APEX armor Starscream in his travels finds Shockwave who is a scientist tells him about Synth En (or wait he doesn't know about that does he) and the terrorcons raising the dead so Shockwave takes itnereset and revives Cliffjumper.

AHA!!!!!!
    Then that brings in the scene that was seen at Botcon or whereever it was. Arcee and Cliffjumper (with a new voice actor of course) have a lovely reunion and hug and then Arcee steps back and says "Wait, how did this happen?" and then enter Starscream, and Arcee is of course leary if it is really Cliffumper since SS is involved, and then Starscream says "Oh no, I can't take all the credit. I'd like to introduce you to .......Shockwave."

So what do you think? Like my scene/intro idea??
    If I end up being right and that's how they do it I will squeel like a little school girl. lol

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

That was the plot in Darkness Rising episode two only with Megatron instead of Shockwave.

5. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper was ripped apart. I know bots can be reassembled, but having him returning in nearly every speculation thread makes me want him to stay dead even more.

6. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    I really want the finale to introduce the Star Seekers, who will be major players in season three. I know it probably won't happen though. :wink: 

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Ultra Magnus or Grimlock will come in to fruition going after Shockwave.

8. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hmmm I don't remebmer any part of my idea (with Megatron or not) being in Darkness rising. I mean Arcee didn't hug Cliffjumper and say what happened? and no one introduced Megatron

9. Megatron1

Megatron1 Decepticon LEADER

I gotta say, about that "Flying Mind" episode, I was REALLY disappointed with that episode. I wanted to see the Nemesis transform into the Trypticon robot. And it didn't happen.

10. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    As the earliest press release for season two stated, all the relics and MacGuffins somehow hold to key to potentially reviving Cybertron. That would explain why Trypticon/the Nemesis wanted to gather up all of the relics - to revive Cybertron, and why it doesn't go into detail about why it's doing this. Yet, this still doesn't explain why Trypticon wants to revive Cybertron...

Unless...

Wait. So Trypticon/the Nemesis wants to revive Cybertron, while infused on Dark Energon. So Primus could be reactivated, in effect. Why would Dark Energon "convince" a ship/Decepticon warrior to go about collecting relics to revive Cybertron?

Unicron. He's not dead, you can't kill a God, especially since Unicron is the whole multiversal singularity deal. So obviously Dark Energon is still the satanic blood of Unicron, and it obviously still is some nasty stuff. The Dark Energon influenced Megatron in Darkness Rising and One Shall Fall/Rise. So in effect, Unicron's life force is directing the Nemesis to revive Cybertron and by extension, Primus. But why would he wish to reactivate Primus? It's a bit hokey, but the same reason Megatron gave Bumblebee the cure for Cybonic Plague, berates his men for their solo missions, and helped Optimus get to Unicron. Unicron wants to kill Primus himself.

Now we know Unicron is the whole God-deal, "I have transcended physical form as you know it". We have no indication of what Primus is capable of, even if he's one with the core of Cybertron. Now who's to say that Primus is a spiritual thing like Unicron? What if Primus has not evolved like Unicron has? What if, if Cybertron was jump-started by the relics, he would return as the physical beings he and Unicron once were?

Unicron would return inevitably, though perhaps with the power of Optimus and the Matrix on Earth, he's not focusing on awakening and causing the destruction of Earth. He wants to kill the source of the Primes, and by extension Vector Sigma (so the Matrix can never be remade should Optimus surrender it again). Since Primus could still be a physical being, who is going to have the upper hand? A being who has transcended physical form, can summon avatars of himself, and whose life blood is evil itself? Or a physical being, who could be just as vulnerable as Optimus was against the stone Unicron avatars?

So to summarize my sudden epiphany, Unicron is still alive obviously, and his blood is now carrying out his agenda when it comes into contact with Megs or the Nemesis. It got the Nemesis to start trying to collect the relics itself, or to at least get the Autobots and Decepticons hunting for the relics. Which would mean that either 1. The Nemesis gets the relics, revives Cybertron. 2. The Autobots do so 3. The Decepticons do so, eliminating the Last of the Primes along the way. A Xanatos Gambit carried out by Unicron's blood, all to ensure the return of Primus, his brother, to finally kill him once and for all, since he lacks the Thirteen to help him this time. Unicron's power over the Earth and rock and what not can forge for him a new body, one of the huge stone golems that Megatron took on, and he can use Earth's resources to fight for him, and destroy all Autobots/Decepticons/opposition, and literally Earth will be at war with Cybertron.

And who's to say that the real reason of the relics being sent into space was to provide a backup to revive Cybertron? The Great War was in full swing, the planet was going to die. Who's to say Alpha Trion or Vector Sigma didn't see this coming? The relics weren't sent to Earth just because they were WMD's and what not; they were sent there to provide the back up plan for Cybertron's survival. And either way, the combining of all the relics will result in the return of Cybertron, Primus, and inevitably Unicron in an attempt to kill Primus. Which will lead to the final battle with Optimus and the Autobots finally killing Unicron for real this time. Hence why they were sent specifically to Earth - it wasn't coincedence. Unicron had to be made aware of the relics, which would send my hypothesized chain of events into motion, ultimately leading to the true triumph over Unicron.

Just a sudden epiphany I had. It's bulit off of a guesstimate, and likely will not happen, but I tried to put some pieces of the puzzle together that we have seen thus far. I kinda am impressed with myself, I came up with this huge essay after reading a handful of posts and thinking about the series thus far...

11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That's....Actually not a bad theroy at all. :)  Great idea! :thumb 

12. soundwaverulls

No but the plot of bringing Cliffjumper back from the dead with dark energon was in Darkness Rising. It also established that it's pretty obvious when it's happened because they growl run around trying to kill you. Or did you mean Shockwave finds a way to use it's resurrecting powers to bring Cliff back properly. But then there's the problem of him being cut in half and blown up which I guess ruins the plot no matter what you meant.

Sorry, I think it's a good idea for a story but it would conflict with Darkness Rising.

13. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no thats the thing, he brings him back properly DESPITE being cut in half and all that (or is it really Cliffjumper as I kind of hinted at) Or he revives his spark or his processor memory files or something like that, maybe another clone thing like Starscream did?

14. soundwaverulls

Oh, OK then.

15. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    It's possible that it didn't know...

Those data-banks were possibly the first thing it saw when it became sentient and assumed that its goal in life was to find those relics.

16. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This could be true, but it KNEW that any cybertronian that got in its way would have to be taken down. That doesn't sound like something one just assumes when they come back online.

I'm not too knowledgable on the Star Seekers and how they stand in the good vs bad spectrum, but I understand they are not cybertronian--so they COULD play a part in this.

Anyways, the clear cutness of his/its orders just seemed so direct and I found it curious that it was willing to explain everything to Ratchet, except WHY it was getting all the relics, but I assume the ship couldn't have an actual reason other than doing it because it knows to (but then again, it was only hunting decepticon relics and not autobot ones...so, kinda specific).

17. Resolution

Resolution Well-Known Member

Are you certain the ship is a Decepticon? I don't know Transformers history like most members.

I thought it was an Autobot friendly entity, because it immobilized the Autobots instead of killing them. That made me think it might be collecting the relics to prevent the Decepticons from getting them. But it didn't collect the Spark Extractor. Then it tried to kill the humans/vermin - so I don't know what to think :confused: 

18. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    No offense... this is terrible ... sorry.

19. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In Flying Mind KO said that the ship has a "mind or will of its own" to me it "sounded like Unicron" got a hold of the ship for a little bit.