Speculation: what do you think is happening on the lost light?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by DireChymeras, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I have no doubt the new institute, shadowplay and the tyrest hit will have a giant tale in the future.
    There is too much potential in the first two concepts at least for Roberts to be done with them. And i still think there is more to Getaway's connection to Tyrest than meets the eye, allthough that's probably just idle unfounded (well it's certainly unfounded) fanwishing on my part.

• Like Like x 1
  2. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Part me wishes that Getaway just miscalculated but he and Rodimus will never be friends even there is no Megatron. I would like to see more Tyrest connection too.

3. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I actually betting that Gateway isn't the Autobot that you think he is, maybe Rodimus' crew found the a status pod, that have the REAL Gateway inside that the false isn't in no other than Sideways that other members of the Lost Light didn't know that a well-known con-artist and a legendary Shifter that kidnapped Gateway put him into a status pod, and disguising as him so he can get to many Cybertronian secrets, so he can give them to his true master, the forgotten sixth member of the Gilding Light, Unicron the Chaos Bringer.

4. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still not 100% convinced that the entire crew truly mutinied and is on Getaway's side. He's a smooth talking liar with a mind-influencing gun. That's a lot of set up for dishonesty. And I have severe doubts about Thunderclash and some of the others going along with it too, no matter how bad a captain Rodimus is (which itself is up for debate).

• Like Like x 6
  5. khys

khys Member

I definitely agree with this, especially in the face of the fact that we have to consider that most of the Autobots he sent away were ones he could afford to lose or could not afford to have stay. Nautica and Brainstorm are extremely brilliant scientists, but neither of them ever seem to be doing science that keeps the ship running and functional: their skills only seem to come in handy when they're in the type of insane shenanigans that this revolt was based on trying to avoid. Velocity is a medic, but if he has Thunderclash, who seems to be an expert surgeon, she's somewhat redundant anyway. Ultra Magnus is a capable commander and a powerhouse, but Getaway seems to want control anyway, and again- Thunderclash. People like Magnus and even Skids aren't going to be necessary. Getaway seems to dislike Cyclonus anyway (and he would, given his extremely Manichean worldview), and both he and Whirl (who he already has reasons to send away) are exceedingly fractious anyway. When you have Brawn on your side, you don't need two half-cocked wild cards who are prone to extreme violence against people they disagree with. Chromedome and Rewind don't seem to be very useful anymore, especially since Chromedome stopped injecting. Tailgate (as well as Cyclonus) is an unfortunate reminder of the fact that Getaway is incredibly terrible, Rung is Rung (and he quit), Swerve is Swerve, Nightbeat's sort of crazy, Ten doesn't do anything, and Ravage is a Decepticon. You take any or all of these bots off the ship and life goes on exactly as it did before, with no great loss to the crew's ability to handle anything that comes their way.

On the other hand, however, you can't leave Thunderclash behind. You can justify losing almost everyone else, but Thunderclash is someone that you need to have on your side. Plus it would be a PR disaster if you abandoned the Greatest Autobot of all time. You have other doctors, other scientists, other warriors, but you don't have another Thunderclash. Getaway would probably want him on the ship regardless of where he stood in a coup- he might be deadly, but he's probably not going to kill his fellow Autobots if he fights back. In the same vein, you can't lose Perceptor. It's canonically shown that he's the only one who seems to be able to work the weird-ass quantum engines (which would make sense, cause he built them), and when push comes to shove, he's pretty much always the one saving the day. Getaway would probably have noted how he saved his life in Remain in Light, and at least Riptide would have had to have mentioned his usefulness in Elegant Chaos. In addition, he's the one who knows the most about the Matrix Map. It follows that there are quite a few objectors who are simply too useful to lose, from Getaway's perspective.

I'd have to imagine that Getaway's control of the ship is not as solid as it seems...

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're not wrong. We tend to think of them as important, because they're the main characters, but it's really the background characters or "mauve shirts", if you will, who keep things running. Perceptor, Blaster, Mainframe, Hound, Hoist, even Dipstick is more essentially to the day to day running of the ship than Swerve or Tailgate or Cyclonus.

Note that a LOT of those people were in the group shot of mutineers...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    I've decided EVERYONE is trying to find a way to break into Swerve's bar because he was the only one with keys. No one can get past the security measures Brainstorm put in place.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I hope they all did mutine (or wathever) without the aid of lies or nudgeguns. It would be far too easy if getaway just put them all in the brig somehow and he is the sole "villain" of the story.
    The crew had good reasons to be dissatisfied with their leadership.
    How they handled things is another matter, but it would be very boring if the crew was brainwashed by getaway or something of the like.

9. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think Getaway needed to brain wash anyone it would much easier to play with their wants and reason why they join the Lost Light. Hound case he likes exploring and really wants to find the Knights of Cybertron. Part of me think Megatron's being there is just an excuse for some but had more to do with Rodimus as Captain. Bluestreak for him it is hatred of Decepticons. Atomizer reasons are more sinister and less straight forward because he has actively undermining the command crew of Lost Light. I think he is using Getaway and he needs the people who have running the Lost Light. Getaway for is the face of the mutineers but Atomizer is the real power behind it. Rodimus will only see Getaway but I think someone in his team will realize the power behind the face.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  10. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think while some may be innocent (I can't get past Thunders or Perceptor), others will have ample reason (in their minds) to mutiny. The innocent ones may be in the brig, or may even have been lied to, and are wondering where Team Rodimus is. I can't wait to catch up with them.

• Like Like x 1