Speculation: what do you think is happening on the lost light?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by DireChymeras, Apr 12, 2017.

1. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That an interesting questions but with Mirage he did state he is loyal to Optimus Prime and the Autobots in Combiner Wars. The Protectobots it is still ambiguous where I am not sure how they feel about Rodimus. I think I. Mirage he is not loyal to Megatron but he will follow the ruling. I would think it will upset them a great deal. Mirage had been believed to be a spy for Decepticon by the Autobots in All Hail Megatron.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  2. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

Was Mirage on the LL, I honestly don't remember.

3. WilyMech

News Credits:

Yeah he was pretty much there in the background. Mirage open Visages where Getaway and Tailgate met. You can see him as one the mechs listening to Rung and Megatron therapy session, Later he was sent with the Protectobots to Cybertron for the Combiner Wars. I also believe Mirage was one of the pall bearers of Rodimus' coffin. In other words he was there but Mirage was like there in a sense where it is like Skids Gun meaning he is there for a reason I guessing not being pretty ornament.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  4. Javelin

Holy Crap I never noticed him in all those shots.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

All this talk of the Protectobots leaving with Mirage just reminds me how terribly stupid Combiner Wars was. MIRAGE IS HAVING CRAZY VISIONS!! THE PROTECTOBOTS FORCIBLY COMBINED! AHHHH!

All just forgotten about. Mirage, Ironhide, Sunstreaker all had shared visions and it amounted to nooooooothing. The Protectobots haven't been seen in pages for nearly three years now.

BOOOOOOO

• Like Like x 3
  6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Like i said several times before: so many interesting plot threads are just abandonned in ex-RID.

7. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Sometimes they come back, but yea, the story seems to have moved in a different direction.

• Like Like x 3
  8. WilyMech

News Credits:
    No argument from me how bad the Combiner Wars was.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mirimus

Mirimus Member Known Well

His is kind of a subtle twist on Megatron's arch...whereas Megatron openly sought to overthrow what he saw as wrong and unjust ("You are being deceived"), Getaway is doing the same but with stealth, subterfuge, and deceit ("I am deceiving you"). And whatever sympathies his views may generate, if his beliefs are really as strong as he claims, he would have sacrificed himself...not Taligate...in attempting to bait Megatron into murder.

As for what's going down on the Lost Light, I would anticipate that Getaway is having to rely on the nudge gun (and intimidation from his dwindling supporters) quite frequently...to the point that it's all he's doing to maintain control, and not getting anything else done. I imagine it's like Scar's reign in the Lion King, and the ship and crew are kind of in shambles.

10. AnomusPrime

AnomusPrime Very sane, not crazy at all

His approach is very different from Megatron's indeed. And I like the differences between "deceived" and "deceiving." Megaton is genuine, though that doesn't mean much in face of what he had done. Getaway's a much smaller person, no doubt. I still have sympathy for him because I think sympathy is better than anger.

Nudge gun is definitely very likely! There is a scene tho, in Death of the Light, where Getaway looked at the "recorded" lives of the lost crew through the fissure of time space (or something). At that time they should be presumed dead in main universe. It gave me some hope that he'd reflect on his own methodology due to the heavy consequences.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

This actually brings up a question.

Skid's nudge gun had two charges, one for Tyrest and one for himself.
    Getaway's gun apparently has significantly more. Don't know how much of the crew he's spoken to and nudged, but if he's been talking to everyone, he'd need quite a few.

How long would the Nudge Gun's ammo last?

12. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Maybe he knows how to make them?

13. Dramatic Spoon

I suppose, Atomizer was on Kimia and seems to be Getaway's loyal second-in-command.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

There's something else to note. A lot of those detours were not meaningless. At all. Take the end of season one. They hadn't gone through that chain of events that led to them encountering Tyrest, then when Tyrest did flip the killswitch, well there's something like half the Cybertronian race dead. Including a bunch of the LL crew.

Then there's the fact that all those things they stopped and saved apparently have started swaying galactic opinion of the Transformers race enough that the Galactic Council is worried. In fact the only thing that really didn't seem to achieve much in the larger picture was Swearth. Outside of that... Well they aren't acomplishing what they set out to do, but they sure are doing a lot.

• Like Like x 4
  15. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Ah yea, he's a Kimian! That does make him a likely source.

16. Dramatic Spoon

I think then the question becomes What resources do they need to make the guns, how much do they have, and how long can they keep building them without people noticing the missing supplies.

The last question assumes that whoever has access to the resources isn't on Getaway's side.

Even if they've been cannibalizing Brainstorm's lab, that can only go so far.

17. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's true, but how long until all the screw ups come and bite them (Cybertron), in the butt? They've already making enemies in the Galactic Council and the Stentarians. A lot of the good they've done came from them blundering themselves into it.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  18. Javelin

Agreed. A lot of people often say that they're not doing anything other than traipsing around the universe, and yet, while you can say that most of their adventures weren't PLANNED, they often "Saved the day".

On a sort of side note, can you imagine what it would have been like if Rodimus et al hadn't gone to rescue Magnus? Half the Cybertronian population would have just burned out in front of their friends and died screaming, AND NO ONE WOULD HAVE EVER KNOWN WHY. That's disturbing as hell.

• Like Like x 3
  19. WilyMech

News Credits:
    The Nudge Gun is tech from the New Institute. Part of me believes is that the New Institute is still in operation but it is more covert now than having offices where the public is constant contact with them. I always wondered how Prowl got his hand on the Nudge Gun meaning. Prowl gave both Skids and Getaway the Nudge Gun and Brainstorm did say the tech came from his previous employers. I wouldn't be surprise if Getaway is operative of the New Institute and at the same time he did not know both Chromedome and Brainstrom were since that organization works on need to know basis. Tyrest became a threat but to whom exactly I mean outside of Prowl he is one ordered the hit on the former, however, the later does not act randomly so there must had been an incentive to do that order. It still does not explain what happen to Tyrest or Mirage when they worked at the New Institute and we all know the two mechs worked there at one point.

20. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I still want a "More... Much More Than Meets The Eye" mini-series focusing on what the minor and lesser used background characters aboard the Lost Light are doing during the major events of the main comic story.

I don't like how Xaaron, an important character in Marvel was reduced to a background character, very rarely having a speaking part.

• Like Like x 1