SPECULATION: Wave 3 and Beyond for Dark of the Moon

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MonkeyBusiness, May 22, 2011.

1. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

Now that Dark of the Moon toys have hit shelves and many of us have them in hand, let's talk about what's next.

PLEASE NOTE: THERE MAY BE SPOILERS AHEAD.

Now that that's out of the way...

Here's my predictions:
    Autobot Leadfoot - Deluxe Class (Target Exclusive)
    Decepticon Hatchet - Deluxe Class
    Decepticon Crowbar - Deluxe Class
    Decepticon Soundwave - Deluxe Class
    Autobot Mirage - Deluxe Class
    Autobot Wheeljack - Deluxe Class
    Autobot Ratchet - Voyager Class

As for the post-movie Leader-class figures, I'd bet my ridiculous government salary on Shockwave and Megatron, maybe Optimus as well. However, we won't see those until 2012 (with Hasbro's "3 Leader's per year" rule.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a Scout or Deluxe class Wheelie and Brains.

For Human Alliance, Ratchet, Ironhide, Soundwave, Mirage, and Wheeljack seem appropriate.

And because Hasbro is just downright evil, they're going to release Jetwing Optimus Prime right after I order the Takara one.

DISCUSS!

2. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    In the cyberverse Legion size, i noticed you have weaponized vehicles and non-weaponized vehicles of the Wreckers.
    Looks like each Wrecker will get 2 versions at least : weaponized vehicle and non-weaponized vehicle.
    For example, the first version of Legion Leadfoot has a weaponized vehicle.

In the mechtech deluxe size, I noticed you have weaponized vehicles and non-weaponized vehicles of the Wreckers. Bumblebee also has 2 versions : weaponized vehicle (Nitro Bumblebee) and non-weaponized vehicle (plain Bumblebee).
    For example, the first version of deluxe Topspin has a weaponized vehicle.
    Looks like each Wrecker will get 2 versions at least : weaponized vehicle and non-weaponized vehicle.

3. iamamachine

News Credits:
    I hope they make a Leader size Driller or maybe even larger.
    For Leaders, it would be fun to see Leader Ratchet, Leader Optimus with mechtech shorter wings, Leader Megatron, Leader Shockwave, etc.
    Would like to see deluxe Steeljaw, deluxe Igor, deluxe Brains, deluxe Wheelie.
    Voyager Ratchet, voyager Starscream.
    Human alliance topspin, mirage, wheeljack, jolt.

4. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hatchet is a cyberverse commander class.

I expect we'll get to know and see some things come Botcon with it only being a couple of weeks away. I hope for confirmation Rumble is just going to be repackaged for DOTM cyberverse.

5. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    After Butterfly Prime, I'd like Supreme size blenderbot from ROTF.

6. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I believe voyager Ratchet was already confirmed as an exclusive figure. To what store I cannot remember.

I'd like to see those deluxes you have down though, only if Leadfoot doesn't end up as a Target exclusive. The last thing I need to do is import.

I could see Megatron and/or Shockwave being released post Dark of the Moon toy line like Starscream was released in the Hunt for the Decepticons line.

I wouldn't mind a new legends Wheelie, thats for sure. As for Brains, unless he transforms into something in the film it self, I doubt he'll be getting a toy. Unless of course Hasbro goes down the route they went with the Fallen, and just make up and alt mode for him. But otherwise, I don't see it happening.

The three I left on your list seem to me like the only likely candidates for a Human Alliance figure. Ironhide is already getting a Leader figure, so it would make no profitable sense for Hasbro to release a Human Alliance version which is nearly the same size. As for Ratchet, I don't know, it just doesn't seem likely.

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I really do hope we get a deluxe Leadfoot. Be nice to complete the wreckers in one of the larger scales like that (they all got legion figures right?). Though do wish they'd all be teched out/clean (just want consistency, would prefer teched).

And I wouldn't be surprised to see Leadfoot as a Target exclusive, not the first time this line has had an entire mold be store exclusive (Walmart getting deluxe Prime as one).

8. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    The Deluxe Leadfoot exclusive to Target is already confirmed, I believe. (Wal-Mart gets new mold Deluxe Optimus, Target gets new mold Deluxe Leadfoot)

The Voyager Ratchet is exclusive to Target as well.

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I bet we see a "dark" Sentinel Prime repaint, either the leader or voyager, maybe both.

Maybe a Final Battle Ironhide too.

10. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

why does hasbro insist on giving us the same Voyager Ratchet figure for 5 straight years, even Ironhide got a new Voyager figure, I know for a fact we are getting Human Alliance Soundwave, Deluxe Mirage,Wheeljack, and Leadfoot are a must, and Leader Ratchet would be a very nice little extra :p 

11. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    Cyberverse Legion:
    Soundwave
    Mirage
    Wheeljack
    Jazz
    Arcee/Chromia/Elita-1 (same mold, three-pack)
    Jolt
    Constructicons (gift set)

Cyberverse Commander:
    The Fallen
    Grindor
    Shockwave
    Jetfire

Deluxe:
    Soundwave
    Mirage
    Wheeljack
    Buzzsaw
    Skywarp (Screamer repaint)

Voyager:
    Ratchet (new mold, hoping anyways)
    Dirge (Screamer M1 mold, exclusive)
    Thrust (see above)

Leader:
    Optimus Prime (RotF mold retool)
    Megatron
    Shockwave
    Ratchet (maybe)

I'm really hoping to see some new Ratchet molds, since it seems to me that he gets a lot more screentime and characterization this time around, what with going to the moon with Optimus and all.

12. Harrier

Harrier Well-Known Member

Where has the Leadfoot exclusivity been confirmed? This would put alot of my fears to rest. I keep getting bad flashbacks to Elita-1 and fear Leadfoot would just be a repait of Roadbuster or Topspin

13. Wadeledge

Wadeledge Wrecker

Pretty sure the voyager Ratchet is a brand new mold actually!

14. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, it's not.

I'm getting tired of seeing that mold everywhere.

15. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    I doubt they'd make entirely new molds for the other dreads. They'll probably just give Crankcase a different head and a different Mechtech weapon.

Deluxe Mirage and Soundwave will be mine! Mine I tell you! And possibly Wheeljack.

16. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Sorry Monkey but I seriously doubt we will get Human Alliance Ratchet and Ironhide as most likely they would be monstrously big compared to cars like Jazz and Skids and so forth.So chances are they are gonna stick with voyager figures to fit in with the HA's,as they do seem to be pretty close in size.

As for Soundwave,Mirage,and Wheeljack I think you could be right,as they are perfect for the line.Lastly about Jetwing Prime I thought I heard that he was put on hiatus last year for some reason but don't quote me on that as it may just be a rumor.

17. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    My wishlist for beyond wave 3

Cyberverse Commander:
    Grindor Repaint
    Shockwave
    Brawl
    Bonecrusher
    TF1 Megatron
    TF2 Megatron
    Mixmaster, Rampage + the other Constructions in a combiner that is actually to scale to each other, and combine :rolleyes2 
    The Fallen
    Jetfire

Cyberverse Legion:
    Jolt Retool
    Jazz Retool
    Sideways Retool
    Wheeljack
    Mirage

Some sorta high-breed of Cyberverse

Leader Class will consist of TFPrime characters

18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd like a Tailwind repaint of Powerglide!

19. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I'll buy that in a heartbeat.

20. iamamachine

News Credits:
    Target voyager ratchet and voyager starscreams will just be repaints of tf2. The voyager ratchet mold has been around since tf1.
    I do hope we will see real mechtech voyager ratchet and voyager starscream later on.

Hasbro has the habit of doing at least 1 repaint for each mold. So a repaint of the popular commander Powerglide is probably a sure thing already but I don't know what name they will use. Bumblebees tend to be repainted as Cliffjumper sometimes. Helicopters like Skyhammer tend to be repainted as autobot Evac. Any Starscream toy tends to be repainted multiple times as various seekers.

After the tf3 line is done, I do hope Hasbro will go back and do some of the toys they forgot to do from tf1 to tf3 such as : deluxe frenzy, leader fallen, deluxe Alice, deluxe constructicons that can combine, etc.