Speculation, possible spoiler regarding "Sari, no one's home"

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Particle_Beam, May 4, 2008.

1. Particle_Beam

Particle_Beam Well-Known Member

Inspired by magmatron's video showing how fricking huge the Constructicons are, and by another Youtube video where I was reminded that the G1-Constructicons once tried to infiltrate the Autobot's base, and the Dinobots fended them off, and it resulted in an epic battle between the Dinobots and Devastator, I also remembered about the episode summary of the upcoming episode "Sari, no one's home", where it's written that Sari will have to defend the Autobot homebase against the Constructicon pairs. Now, I don't really know which one's the real homebase. The Autobots do have a base in Detroit City for living, but their ship's also stuck in Spaceship Mountain on Dinobot Island, and it can also be considered to be a homebase.
    It struck to me that perhaps Sari will enlist the help of the Dinobots to fend off the Constructicons, and the episode may pay hommage to one of the original G1-episodes, mirroring the battle somehow between these two groups. Now, I'm pretty sure that the Constructicons won't unfortunately combine into Devastator :cry , but they're still really tall, as far as I can tell, really strong, as it seems, and they might be a lot more smarter than the Dinobot Trio (at least compared to the animal-like Dinobots), which might put both groups on equal footing.

Man, I'm so pumped up for seeing a team-battle between the Constructicons and the Dinobots slugging it out.

What do you think of that possible scenario?

2. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Considering the Constructicons backsides it would be ammusing if Grimlock says "Me Grimlock kick butt".

3. yovnocrats

yovnocrats Well-Known Member

actually, i've heard they do combine, wonder if any one can clarify

4. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    Not when I watched the episode.

5. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    Who said that Devestator appairs in TFA? Nobody! Why do people think he'll appear? *confused*

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like this thread simply for the phrase "Spaceship Mountain on Dinobot Island". It's like the coolest thing a five-year-old might say.

7. Particle_Beam

Particle_Beam Well-Known Member

Nobody said that. It was said by the animators that former G1-combiners who appear in Transformers Animated might not be what they were in the G1-continuity, and therefore I doubt that the Constructicons will ever become Devastator. :) 
    Yeah, I catched that phrase up on the discussion thread for Megatron Rising Part 2. I instantly liked it. I feel young and silly just saying it again, which is why I like it. :D 

8. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    POSSIBLE SPOILERS, HIGHLIGHT TO READ PLEASE!
    what you say about the constructicons may be true. but consider, there's only two constructicons. Now I'm not saying that they'll definately introduce more later on, but consider WHICH two constructicons they are. Scrapper (Team leader), and Mixmaster. In G1, and G2 those same two were Devastators right and left legs respectively. Perhaps they're letting them trickle in little at a time, building devastator from the ground up so to speak. like maybe we'll see longhaul/wideload/heavyload/overload/uubermotherload next followed by hook/astrohook/captainhook/hightower/tackleberry/mahoney. We already know for a fact that they have secured scavenger and bonecrusher where trademarks are concerned. Not to mention they keep renewing the devastator trademark over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.

Also consider, one character they're bringing in to animated here soon will be Swindle. again, he was a leg for the combiner back in G1, and from what we've seen he hails back to his G1 roots as far as I can tell. Not to mention that coming up soon in universe/classics we're gonna be getting onslaught, as well as the 'legends of cybertron' repaints homaging many of the team leaders from years past (scattershot, silverbolt, hungrrr, razorclaw, hotspot).

I think that hasbro is planning something, but is being very evasive and hush hush about it. sort of testing the waters for more combiners.

Please keep in mind that this is all my pure speculation, thanks.

9. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At Botcon, the Animated writers said:

Also they specifically said they are thinking about Gestalts, but not for the near future. There was no hush-hush about that.

So, I don't think we'll see Devastator, anytime soon. :( 

10. transfan_seek

transfan_seek Well-Known Member

i agree with this
    in a world where money is everything if kids have to collect a bunch of tf's to combine hasbro are looking at a bunch of $$

il be one of the people forking out the cash