Speculation On Space Shuttle: Omega Supreme? (spoiler warning - but it's speculation)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tycho, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

NOTE TO THE MODS: I'd like to keep this discussion thread, so if it breaks any rules, can it be moved or re-titled, only if need be?

I am wondering if any of you guys think that the Space Shuttle - if a Transformer (and seemingly an Autobot) will be Omega Supreme?

1) Astrotrain is a Decepticon. Unless he "double-changes" (his side in the war that is), this will not be Astrotrain.

2) Skylynx? Really? I don't see it happening or making sense.

3) A new Autobot character? Or an old one? Cosmos as the space shuttle? Well, what about Powerglide as a space shuttle for that matter?

4) OK - I might see Silverbolt and some kind of Superion combiner scene - but that's rather involved with characters unless they make Slingshot, Air Raid, Fireflight, and Skydive drones - which I would not like to see (personally). The Airialbots were all characters. I'd like to stay true to that if we see it.

But expanding on that - the Wreckers (though one is suspiciously colored like Smokescreen) could be Stunticons, and a Superion versus Menasaur fight could emerge out of all this.

However, I think the Wreckers (sorry but I don't know if that's actually a Transformers title or some kind of auto racing classification) could just as well be Smokescreen, and perhaps Wheeljack, and Mirage. The Ferrari is likely Sunstreaker, as SideSwipe is no longer a red car, but silver - so why not change Sunstreaker's colors?

5) If none of this, and more effective as a great character, the space shuttle and its huge liftoff platform and rocket components make the most sense (if it's an Autobot) being Omega Supreme.

A lot to talk about here, but what do you think?

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Galaxy Shuttle or GTFO

3. the_moocher

the_moocher Member

every one in the know with the movies (not me though!) have confirmed ferrari as hotrod/hotshot.

4. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Who no's. Maybe it's just a space ship.

5. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    well you can hope for the best right. omega supreme would be pretty awsome... but i dunno im guessing there just gonna use it for a actual shuttle launch somthign to tie into "Dark of the Moon" im guessing.

6. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While I hope for Omega Supreme, I have no faith in the design of the robot. They will probably make him into a scientist with a tie and a pocket protector.

Using Jetfire as an example...he was the biggest disappointment for me. I love the Blackbird plane, but the robot was horrible (IMO).

7. Cth

Cth Cthulhu

News Credits:
    Still thinking it's just a shuttle.

After all, what happens once they get to the moon? A wave of Decepticons blows up "Omega Supreme"? Omega Supreme sits out because he's out of fuel?

The only other thing left would be if the Moon is being converted into something Cybertronian and Omega would have to sacrifice himself to destroy it.

I dunno.. we've got PLENTY of characters at this point, especially Autobots.

8. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

They'll destroy earth's moon in this movie?

And Hot Rod? Really? Note: I loved Hot Rod in the 1986 movie, but could NOT STAND Rodimus Prime. Nothing better happen to Optimus! I'm just saying...

9. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

i seriously hope its not omega supreme, i never liked him. When i first heard awhile back that the shuttle was going to be in the movie i really thought it was going to be silverbolt and i still think it will be. or it could always just be a regular shuttle thats not transformer. :D 

10. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

The wording of the quote that was featured early wasn't indicating it was a Transformer. Sounded to me like the people that actually work with the shuttle jokingly told the production crew that all the shuttles are female so if it transforms it should be a girl.

I doubt very much it will be anything other than a human shuttle that's being prepped to go to the moon for something story related.

11. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    We also had a spoiler a while back saying they were shooting scenes where characters were talking to the shuttle...so its definetly a TF just how does it fit in is anyone's guess,

12. toyman

toyman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would put my money on Silverbolt.

If James Avery is indeed doing the voice for Silverbolt (as has been rumored) his big, deep voice would lend itself to fitting with a larger than life bot like a space shuttle. I'm thinking that Silverbolt will also be one of the other Seekers referenced in the 2nd movie and he has been in stasis since the space race began (which is also part of the plot).

All of the puzzle pices just kind of fit on this mystery.

13. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

Wrecker - Transformers Wiki

Even if the Ferrari is Hot Rod (or Rodimus) it's very illogical to assume Rodimus Prime. Especially as Bumblebee would be auto-promoted to leader simply by being the second main hero Autobot.

14. Demonicon

Demonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My thoughts are that there's absolutely no way to know UNTIL we know, so why bother speculating? The vehicle form could indicate one of these names or it could just as easily not. Ironhide, Sideswipe, Blackout, Jetfire, Wheelie, Bonecrusher, etc. None of these look squat doodly close to their original characters.

15. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

Demonicon, you make a very good point. The speculation part is really just for fun (and wishful thinking).

I'm actually NOT a fan of Omega Supreme. But I think I missed the G1 episode(s) with him though I'll probably catch them now that they're running the whole series on HaBoom!

For me - my wishful thinking: I'd really like to see Hound, Wheeljack, and Mirage added to the Autobot cast, in close to their G1 appearance (except Mirage's formula-one racer isn't really a disguise). Trailbreaker would be nice though.

Hot Rod is OK. I love exotic Italian cars. Sure. Who doesn't think they look cool?

As for Unicron - it's not time yet. It would seem too forced in the storyline.

No - to a reboot, btw! Let the franchise develop forward to more robot wars. Michael Bay might be leaving, but he did nice work with the whole "discovery phase" (there are Transformers here on earth?!)

The storyline should continue forward - with the Fallen destroyed, and Megatron and Starscream vying for power - just like G1.

They can do all-CGI movies and go to other planets (especially Cybertron) - or do a prequel on Cyberton.

These would NOT have human characters (Shia LeBouf, Josh Duhamel, John Turturro, etc.) and consequently - they will NOT make as much money as the general movie-goer audience would stop going to see them. With the Michael Bay films, you had the element of "horror movie / thriller audiences" who want to go not because they're into Transformers, but because they like the idea of "what if your car was alive?" or something similar to Maximum Overdrive and machines everywhere becoming alive and trying to kill us - Terminator on steroids.

That's taken out once you know Optimus and Megatron.

As a guy who grew up with the characters, I'll dig it as most fanboys would, but those who cough up the case to produce the movie won't like it making LESS money.

Finally, Rodimus Prime, Magnus, Kup, Blurr, Springer, Arcee - all of them came up so Hasbro could make more money with their 2 hour feature commercial in 1986, as execs felt they could sell more Rodimus Prime because no one had him and most of us all had Optimus.

The only thing they didn't realize is, that Optimus Prime is to Transformers what Batman or Superman are to their respective franchises.

I think you can replace Megatron and Starscream with Galvatron and Cyclonus, but not Optimus. Besides the storyline already said the Primes were special.

16. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    There is a space ship on the moon, and another somewhere else.. but don't quote me. Also, one should belong to the Autobot side and the other to the Cons.

17. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    wow, here's a thought:

"Zomg, it's just a regular non-alien human-made Space Shuttle"

18. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Omega Supreme on the moon so the cons want to capture him to take over the autobots and destroy them leading both in a vain attempt to go to the moon 1st to stop them getting the hands on him..

plot story from tf3....

19. Invader

Invader Active Member

Just a idea: I think they call it the dark of the moon, because there is something. The dark regions of the moon are the lunar maria.

Lunar mare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The lunar maria (pronounced /ˈmɑri.ə/; singular: mare, two syllables /ˈmɑreɪ/[1]) are large, dark, basaltic plains on Earth's Moon, formed by ancient volcanic eruptions. They were dubbed maria, Latin for "seas", by early astronomers who mistook them for actual seas. They are less reflective than the "highlands" as a result of their iron-rich compositions, and hence appear dark to the naked eye.

Be Afraid of the Dark!!!

20. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

It keeps going through my head that perhaps Michael Bay is a Pink Floyd fan, and they can't use the title "Dark Side of the Moon," so they're calling it The Dark of the Moon.

Or is it Ozzy Osbourne that did The Dark Side of the Moon?

No. I think that was Bark At The Moon.

I'm so confused. That older era of rock is not my expertise.

But I'm a raging Queensryche fan - though they came later (late '80's / early 90's but still going strong today - another new album in March or April 2011, too!)

Anyway, it would be more probable that the music for TF3 will be provided by Lincoln Park again. I have no complaints there, either!