Speculation on next Alternity figure

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RoccaDNB, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Thats exactly what Alternity Megatron is, a 370Z.

2. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  3. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
  4. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    I don't think that silhouette means anything...

Anyway, Alternity seems to focus on more well known characters and a Decepticon should be next. Soundwave sounds like a good choice. But I'm very interested to see a car Starscream too

5. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I don't know who the next pair of character will be after Bumblebee and Cliffjumper.

I remember people speculating that the next characters would be Sunstreaker and Sideswipe. I honestly think that is just the watermark they use for coming soon characters. The shadow to me looks like that of the Classics 2.0 Sunstreaker mold, and it was shown once before the upcoming Alternity BB abd CJ mold was announced. As much as I would love for it to actually be Sunstreaker and Sideswipe, I remain skeptive.

On a side note, I am a huge car enthusiast and have always wanted to see a transformer based on a BMW. That would be a dream come true.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry I'm not a car expert so you may be right, but I thought Megs was a Fairlady Z and a different model? I know someone with a 350Z and though it looks different than Megs' Fairlady alt mode.

7. prawisucia

prawisucia Soldier of Heaven

News Credits:
    megatron is Fairlady Z.

here's 350Z that would be great for Prowl. IMO
    [​IMG]

8. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    In the Alternity fiction those that have been made into Alternity Protectors are almost exclusively Autobots and Maximals. Megatron went about "ascending" himself to the Alternity level. I can't see the Alternity welcoming that many Decepticons into their ranks and so the other Decepticons would have to have Megatron's help to be made into Alternitys.

Maybe we should look at possible Maximal characters?

9. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

like what blue and prawisucia, the 350z and the 370z fairlady are a bit different. megatron is a fairlady 370z with a more rounder body shape and different headlights, tail lights from the early model 350z.

350z
    [​IMG]

370z
    [​IMG]

10. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I find it humorous that people dismiss the possibility of certain characters being next because they are not traditionally cars. Out of the 4 characters done so far (5 if you count Black Convoy as a different character. Not sure what the fiction says.), only 2 traditionally have cars alt-modes.

It is entirely within the realm of possibility that the next fig is Starscream as some sort of car or even Soundwave.

That has been pointed out as an outline of the Sunstreaker/Sideswipe mold numerous times. It seems that page is reported as "news" about the next Alternity fig every few weeks or so even though it has been there since that page was first created. Infact, it was there before the BB/CJ figs were announced.

11. prawisucia

prawisucia Soldier of Heaven

News Credits:
    hmm.. i wonder how soundwave would look like in this alternity line. it's gonna be great to have him for the next character.

12. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally, I would love to see a Grimlock release in the Alternity line. Just not sure what kind of an car would make a suitable alt mode. They've done the Mustang, so I wouldn't really want to see a down-sized version of that, but I really can't think of another car that would work with Grimlock.

13. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I would love a Soundwave or Jazz. I'd might even get those, if they're done well (was going to get Bumblebee until I saw the horrible chest kibble).

14. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See I'm firmly in the camp that if it ain't traditionally a car I'm not interested. Hence Bumblebee and Cliffjumper are the first I've bought from this line.

I wouldn't want Jazz as an F-15 so why would I want the seekers as cars?

Now... 1/32 F-15s in the Alternity line... THAT I'd like to see (and would buy despite the crazy price and size!) Hell, make em 1/48 and I'd still be in - that'd make em about as tall as MP Prime which is fine by me.

15. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    The designers probably gave BB a big belly on purpose, because you know, the G1 Minibot had one...

Classics Bumblebee looks like he is wearing a wife beater or some sort of bullet proof vest. The updated aesthetic is cool looking, but missing something.

16. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

i wouldn't mind if they focused on older classic cars rather than the new sporty ones like the gtr and 370.

an evo 8, rally edition would be cool, mr2, rx7, just to name a few. but i can also see why some ppl would prefer current models.

17. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    Well actually, seeing that Jazz is called Meister in Japan, and this car wouldnt be sporty enough for him, I think that wont happen.

As for Foreign cars to Japanese soil, low chance. Theyll probably will choose each and every Japanese car company first, just to keep them happy for futures sake.

When Hasbro comes around or the "good/nice" cars run out, theyll focus on different foreign brand cars.

Ow and on the subject of decepticon cars, they do have the stunticons....
    Maybe not the most "likable/wellknown" characters, but characters nontheless.
    I still feel when seeing Soundwave as a car is having for instance Astrotrin as a car. It could happen, but not as exciting.

(although Astrotrain could have a nice sportscar look with bodykit and train/space decals...)

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    yes, i know its almost 2 months old, but its not reeeeally a zombie thread-and with the reveal of Alternity Carscream and Roadwarp :) D) i figured it would be a good time to breathe life into it-what do you think is next?

Personally, im hoping for Jazz/Meister for the Autobots because this line is just begging to have him in it. Then:

Soundwave or Shockwave
    Sideswipe and Sunstreaker (even as the same mold id be happy, just new heads, though would be INCREDIBLE of they could pull off the Classics trick)
    Shockwave or Soundwave
    Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen

Soundwave should definately come with his minions-maybe the wheels come off, each forming someone else? ooo, random thought-could Bumblebee be re-molded into Soundwave without everyone freaking out? so many possibilities!

19. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    As long as it's relevant and you have something to add to keep it going it's not a zombie.

20. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i figured as much, premptive strike to be safe though.

Windcharger could be cool too, now that i think about it.