Speculation on Botcon exclusives

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Hollywood Hoist, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be the exclusives for Botcon or what they would like to see as the exclusives?

My 2 cents:

Cyb Downshift repainted as Wheeljack (g1 colors)
    Classics Ramjet repainted as Dirge
    Classics SS repainted as Thundercracker
    Classics Dinobots painted in G1 colors
    Alternators Rumble repainted as Frenzy

Those are my thoughts.

2. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    oh, that would piss me off....

3. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    None of the above. Those are all too obvious, and Hasbro is likely to do them for mass release anyway. Botcon exclusives usually come out of left field, with repaints and remoulds nobody expected.

4. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I disagree with RandomFerret.

5. Hollywood Hoist

News Credits:

I thought energon Towline repainted as Ironhide and Ratchet was an obvious choice, but I agree the Beast Wars repaints were a bit of a surprise. I thought for one of the conventions they did LOC Starscream repaint as Skywarp.

I for one can't see them releasing 3 more seekers in the classics line. The collectors will eat it up but I think they run the risk of flooding the shelves. Besides we haven't heard of wave 4 of deluxe classics if there will be such a thing.

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Same, that would suck most mightily.

Hasbro could easily do (seeker) repaints without clogging shelves.

Wave 4:
    2 X Thundercracker (with Screamer off of shelves by then)
    2 X Cliffjumper (let him get some shelf time)
    2 X Ramjet (Same as above)
    2 X Rodimus Repaint (Primus? (Marvel comic style)

Wave 5:
    2 X Dirge (Ramjet repaint)
    2 X Astrotrain Repaint (???)
    2 X Mirage repaint (Dragstrip?)
    2 X Grimlock (Get him some shelf time)

7. Hollywood Hoist

News Credits:
    I had the same reaction with the towline repaint as ironhide and ratchet. I hope they do release the rest of the seekers, but I don't see it happening any time soon.

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Frenzy would piss me off way more than Thundercracker and Dirge. After the Nemesis Prime fiasco, I'm hoping Hasbro never makes another exclusive Alt.

And what do you mean Classics Dinobots in G1 colors? The mini-cons? Cos Grimlock's the only normal sized Dinobot so far and he's already in G1 colors.

9. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I swear I read on this board it was a set based on a post g1 marvel comic, like an alt universe to G2. I'll just dig out the list of possible repaint/remoulds I put up on the club forums a few days ago.

Autobots
    The Last Autobot: Vector Prime is the clearest choice, other than maybe a new planet key a repaint would be perfect, if they wanted to go for some thing more in scale with how he looked in the comic “king” starscream mould with a new head but I think its to far off body wise but the size is about right.

Nightbeat: Ignoring the headmaster part I could see the first Cyb hotshot as night beat, both sports cars, switch the light blue for dark blue, dark grey for yellow, red for orange and the transparent orange for blue. The head and face aren’t far off either.

Prowl: I know a lot of autobots named prowl but few look like the original so with a remoulded head and light bar preferably being able to rotating at least 90 degrees I could see cyb Crosswise working really well as prowl.

Bluestreak: Prowl but with out the light bar, I know he wasn’t a major player in the comic but as the moulds been used already.

Blaster: I don’t think he’s ever had a homage and the mould choice is obvious in cybertron soundwave with a new head, can’t think who laserbeak would be, maybe a new character.

Jazz: cyb Crosswise would work again but he’d need another new head and I am not sure how that would work out.

Wheeljack: cyb downshift repaint.

Fortress Maximus: No one really fits this guy, I don’t think any one since has had nearly enough weapons if any thing, closest I think we can get is cyb metroplex, remould the head and the minicons drills into guns, I very much doubt is possible but the battle axe in to some kind of cannon and maybe giving him a bunch of weapon minicon in the same colors as him, although max’s colors aren’t that far from cyb metro to begin with.

Bumblebee: Coby ramble in yellow, I would guess that would be part of an add-on pack

They could probably do a whole load of the minibots from cyb basics, these are just a few sure people could work out the rest as well.

Seaspray: not really a player in the comic but shortround in his colors would be nice addition to the cast, probably in the same set as bumblebee.

Beachcomber: Cyb hardtop, maybe a new head but I think they could well get away with out doing it.

Decepticons:

Bludgeon: Cyb unicron repaint, to simple not to do really.

Weirdwolf: cyb snarl repaint.

Quake: CD hotshot, I had thought about scattershot but that would make him to large to really fit in with the others.

Thunderwing: Classic jetfire repaint with his battle helmet remoulded to look like his pretender face.

Other seeker: repaint of classic starscream, although I hope not cos I get the awful feeling they would be a botcon only thing and I really hate for things I really want to end up as then. Maybe background seekers though wouldn’t be so bad, or the clone seeker colors from WWI.

Krok: Cyb scrapmetal repaint.

Slicer: Wheeljack in actionmaster slicer colors.

With just about all of these a new cyber planet key would be nice.

Can’t come up with much more for the con’s I really doubt even a quarter of these will be made, if they all were the set would cost over a grand anyway but I hope one or two of them will be in the set and that I actually have the money to by it this year.

10. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I think the remaining 3 Seekers (Thundercracker, Dirge & Thrust) are about the only new Classics we can definitely count on getting. It's been stated multiple times in multiple places that we are indeed getting ALL of them, supposedly according to official sources, so I can't see Hasbro making them just BotCon exclusives or stopping altogether at Ramjet.

I also think we're underestimating Hasbro's ability to give us some new molds just because we've already seen Prime, Bumblebee & Starscream repaints in the forms of Magnus, Cliffjumper & Skywarp/Ramjet (sort of). I anticipate seeing Blitzwing and at least one movie character like Cyclonus to add to the Cons, and at least one or two more car Bots in the form of Jazz, Prowl or fan favorite Ironhide... each of which set them up for at least one repaint apiece.

Just a personal prediction, though.

11. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

You're thinking of the club comic this year, which is based on Classics and takes place after the Marvel G1 comic.

I'm sort of operating on the assumption that this year's set will have something to do with Classics, either by repainting Classics toys or by supplementing the line with repaints from other lines into G1 characters (or both). They do seem to be pushing the Classics angle this year, and since all Classics toys will presumably be off the shelves by Botcon, and since last year was mostly Cybertron molds, it makes sense.

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Good Lord, I wish people would quit suggesting that. Other than the head, he looks NOTHING like G1 Wheeljack. Energon Downshift makes a way better Wheeljack and he was already in the right colors. I'd rather see the mold with a new head as some other bot, or in orange with a confederate flag on the roof and an '01' on the doors.

13. jokerswild

jokerswild Voice of Ashes

I couldnt agree more

14. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I think it's more likely we will see an alt or 2 as a comic con exclusive. Probably Skids as Ironhide, or Rumble repainted into frenzy. As for Bot con who knows they could go in any direction. But more than likely it will be g1 related

15. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Yeah but thanks to the power linking gimmick that mould kinda sucks.

16. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's too early to be using the classics molds as they are still being used in production for new figs......

I say we just sit and wait and relax, and the ebay protos will filter down to us.

17. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

The reason for that would be 2 things I feel:

1) It worked for Alt Wheeljack, a new body shap and car model.

2) Energon Downshift sucks all colours of ass. :p 

18. Hollywood Hoist

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was speaking of the Mini-con dinobots.

19. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Last year's set was based almost entirely on Cybertron molds, which was still in production at the time. And Classics will be over and replaced by the movie toys by the time Botcon rolls around.

But I do agree that speculation should probably wait a bit. FP will most likely release the convention brochure some time in the next month or two. From that we will know the character names and basic storyline of the toys, which will at least give us somewhere to start. Prior to that we're just flailing in the dark.

20. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    that's what i'm thinking...

C. Crosswise as Jazz and C.Downshift remolded as Prowl FTW!!!