[Speculation MtMtE #46] The Return of the King

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by FruitBuyer, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No, they said they wouldn't do Combiners till they could get them right.

2. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Yes. Right now, the Dinobots are all legally in the clear.

Plus I gather with the war ended, a lot of warrants were cancelled.

3. Ricky Spanish

Ricky Spanish Well-Known Member

The DJD, reinforced by Dezsarus Decepticons, board the Lost Light. They take over half the ship killing some of the crew BUT the Autobots have been bolstered with unexpected technological upgrades from NAIL and Stentarian (Ammonite and Terradore) sources.
    Kaon and Helex are reluctant to kill Thunderclash, they shift their attention to Grimlock, the scavengers neutralize the nuke in the DJD systems and Grimlock 'munches metal' while Thunderclash unloads on the Decepticons.
    Dezsarus turns on Tarn when he realizes his soldiers are being used as cannon fodder. Tarn reveals his hand, they were always expendable and his voice kills Dezsarus. Tarn is the last to board the Lost Light, his DJD troopers are cut down by Ultra Magnus using his new phase six equivalent Magnus armor. Defensor pummels Tarn whose voice cannot even harm the combiner but he prevails with brute force alone.
    Stentarian standard grade weapon blasters cut him to pieces as he makes his way to Megatron who reveals he has a killswitch. He deems the DJD 'experiment' a failure and uses it on Tarn, leaving Vos the sole survivor.
    Ultra Magnus and Rewind examine Tarns body finding though the body was Roller, the spark casing was that of Dominus Ambus.
    Rodimus and the crew mourn the fallen and turn against Megatron who tells them his killswitch can only be used in proximity.
    Vos is placed in a cell and finds the constant use of nuke has given him a half life, he prays and his last act is to sing a beautiful melody which draws Cyclonus and Drift, their spark swords resonate and point in a direction.
    THE END!

4. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

Im not sure how much help Grimlock would be against the DJD considering how "out of it" he was in issue # 8. I know we have that great cover but I wouldnt put too much faith in covers anyway (or whatever it was).

Still great to see the big guy return. Lets hope with this and the new Wreckers mini we finally see a return to great TF comics.

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Roller can't be Dominus. Roller was around long before the war and Rewind said he and Dominus were searching for the first moon and didn't return until after the war started.

6. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Keep in mind, he has had time to recover, and he did lay into Tarn a bit.

Now if he had Ultra Magnus and Thunderclash and Rodimus on his side...

Plus maybe the science types will have something to add this time around. That's normally how autobots win the big battles. 'Wheeljack Wheeljack Wheeljack,' Optimus hijacking the Tremorcons to win the battle at Hell's Point, Prowl hacking the cybertronian-seeking missiles on Earth, etc..

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yeah that twist ending would be way too much.

I'd be ok with this and the Scavangers. It'd be fun to have some actual Cons on the ship.

8. FruitBuyer

FruitBuyer Well-Known Member

Ehhhhh.....I don't see what Rodimus can do other than throw jokes and whine about Megatron.

9. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Yeah Rodimus is a decent warrior I'm sure but I wouldn't put him up there with Magnus or Thunders, & Grimlock.

10. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

The guy is a slippery acrobat and a daredevil. I'm sure he can find a way to fight the DJD and win. He overpower Overlord with words alone :D 
    Remember, he never fought them (him and his quantum duplicate), unless some bots in the past are the DJDs today.

And I am sure Brainstorm and Perceptor have added some weapons and guard system when the Lost Light was on Cybertron after Dark Cybetron event.

11. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    You know what I'll give you that Rodimus is pretty slick, that boy right d'er got the Devils own luck and that gotta count for something.

12. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

He was noted to be 'enhanced for speed' in Autocracy, and he's definitely known for daring feats and unpredictable actions.

Rodimus does seem to be fairly exceptional, and while, sure, he may not be taking on Tarn head on, there's other DJD members for him to get the drop on.

13. FruitBuyer

FruitBuyer Well-Known Member

Rodimus vs Vos. 95% of the 'fight' is Rodimus complaining about not understanding him.

14. gregles

gregles quintesson

Death by facepalm whilst holding his face in your hand.

15. Theonlycyclonus

Theonlycyclonus Find,kill,cleanse

News Credits:
    Let me just go on record of saying i am rooting for the DJD

16. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    Between the Transformers titles and TMNT, it seems like IDW has a thing about their books hitting #50.

17. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well, 50 is a pretty big even milestone, it's half way to 100. Plus IDW doesn't usually do ongoing comics, they usually just do mini series that get collected in trades. Simply because trades are super popular, plus people love issue 1s. So here they took the gamble and just let a book go for as long as possible.

18. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

Dead by words.

Vos: <Red. Orange. Die by flame!>
    Rodimus: What. Are. You. Talking. About?
    Vos:<I will kill you and make you smile from ear to ear!>
    Rodimus: Have you met Cyclonus? He is good with gibberish words!
    Vos: <So uneducated! This is old language!>
    Rodimus: No wonder DJD keep you around, you're their token antique gibberish guy!
    Vos: <Why won't you stop so I can implant my "culture" on your face!>
    Rodimus: Aaaah! Heeeelp me Megatron! This guy is killing me with gibberish!
    Vos:<STOP TALKING!>
    Rodimus: Captain's log: Met gibberish bot. Need talk to Brainstorm about language gun! *transforms to 4wd tamiya mode, circles Vos*
    Vos:<I WILL KILL YOU!>
    Rodimus: Blah! Blah! Blah! *transforms to cool bot mode, tickle Vos on the feet*
    Vos:*annoyed* <AAAARGH!>
    Rodimus: *stabs Vos with knife hidden in his arm* Now that I understand! The word of losing it and open for attack! *smirks, proceeds to carve "till all are one" inside Vos*

19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It's good to see Grimlock return after him being absent for so long. I do hope he'll get his memory back and mind fixed or at least show hints of it. I feel Roberts hasn't done anything interesting with him yet and I'm bummed about that since Roberts does an amazing job with many of the other characters so far.

20. er4smiths

er4smiths Optimus Prime Titan

Is that Beta-Ray Grimlock?