[Speculation MtMtE #46] The Return of the King

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by FruitBuyer, Jul 12, 2015.

1. FruitBuyer

FruitBuyer Well-Known Member

So this is what Alex Milne has recently posted this on his Twitter:

[​IMG]

A lot of us were wondering how the Lost Light could possibly challenge the Decepticon Justive Division, especially since he's joined forces with Deathsaurus and his War World.

My suspicions is that the Scavengers and Grimlock cross paths with the Lost Light and need to join forces to combat their pursuers. It'll give the Lost Light a much needed strength injection now that they have the two greatest Autobots ever (Thunderclash and Grimlock)

Thoughts? Suspicions? Discussions? Posts on why Roberts is The One True King? Why Milne is the Hand of the King?

On an unrelated note, I love Big G's new body. 3P companies, make this and take my money.

2. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Huh, I never really thought about Thunderclash helping against the DJD. I was trying to think about who could die at their hand. It's totally going to be him (and probably most, if not all the Scavengers). Until then, Thunderclash, Grimlock and Megatron really give the Autobots a big boost. Plus, it's possible we'll see the Protobots return with their new combining ability.

Grimlocks new design is a little bit on the skinny side. Hopefully that's just that particular panel/cover and that he'll be bulkier in the majority of the comic.

3. FruitBuyer

Real bots have curves and multiple crank shafts! Take a stand and end unfair standards set by IDW!

4. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

I'd be all over the idea of Defensor taking on the DJD, though I do wonder if enough time has elapsed in-universe for them to have come back.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    In MTMTE, they haven't even left yet. They're pulling a Ratchert

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Who's that?

7. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

Oy. Damn delayed issues.

8. gregles

gregles quintesson

Annoying as it may be I would gladly pick delayed comic over stand in artist or a rush job. Most times mtmte is well worth the wait.

On the subject I guess we will probably get the line "me Grimlock, me King"

I know that cover might not have anything to do with content but that art could be a depiction of Grimlock having an Autobot based change of allegiance in the Decepticons fighting pit as I think there is a lot of Grimlocks aliegenceis past to be shown but then again that design could also suggest present set story so I'm not sure though.

just had a sad thought, what if that picture is of Grimlock having a psychotic episode and then seeing the Decepticon symbols on the Scavengers and murdering them. Given how likeable the scavengers have been portrayed it would certainly get the viewer to morally question Grimlocks uncompromising stance and Decepticon killing ways. It would also be incredibly sad and Roberts has been known to troll feelings from time to times.

9. FruitBuyer

James Roberts. It has been too long since the last time we read something he produced.

10. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's not a new body, it's just how Milne draws his IDW design. It's the same as it was in #7 & #8.

As an aside, I really hope IDW never looses his cheek-teeth. Just wouldn't be IDW Grimlock without them.

11. Mort

Mort Apostate

News Credits:
    I guess that means we have the Scavengers two parter in #45 & #46.

Yeah, I'll agree this is build up to LL vs DJD. JRo looks to be bringing all the players into position for #50. By then we should have First Aid (and maybe Defensor) back, Drift & Ratchet and possibly the Scavengers & Grimlock on board.

[It's been said few times now that the out of sync chronology of MTMTE is not due to the comic delays]

And there's this:

So some extra guests maybe too.

12. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Grimlock and how he is drawn. It will be interesting to see how Grimlock view the Scavengers. I am not sure the Scavengers themselves can be considered a fighting force. If Grimlock gets his head fixed then it is a perhaps.

13. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Megatron's on his poison-energon thing, weakening him, though.

But yea, having Thunderclash and Grimlock to add on to Ultra Magnus and Rodimus is a pretty good lineup of heavy hitters.

Right, the Scavengers do not add much ^^ Most of the LL crew wouldn't have much trouble knocking them on their butts.

14. Theonlycyclonus

Theonlycyclonus Find,kill,cleanse

News Credits:

15. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I hope they fix Grimlock´s mind.

16. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Well as established the DJD can kill most of the LL's crew without much trouble by themselves. Now granted Roberts realized how bad that was and threw in the superfuel bit, but it still stands. It happened, so the DJD know most of the existing crew's weaknesses and how to take them down. And this time they've got an army. Since Rodimus has yet to show that he's that great a fighter or tactician...

Okay so let's break it down.
    DJD
    -Has six of the deadliest guys in the con army, with knowledge of the LL Crew's weaknesses.
    -Now has an army of Japanese TF's backing them.

The LL crew-
    -A bunch of guys the DJD killed already.
    -Megatron, who hopefully knows some weaknesses for the DJD.
    -Maybe Grimlock, but he isn't at his best right now by any stretch.
    -Hopefully Defensor. I really think they need him.
    -Rodimus and Thunderclash.

I give it a 50/50 with Defensor, and maybe a 75/25 without.

17. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wicked artwork!

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Nothing to do with delayed issues. Everything to do with the fact that Season 2 of X-RID takes place over a longer period of time than Season 2 of MTMTE.

19. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

I always found those sort of... goofy.

20. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

I think this cover image is a bit of a tease, the bad kind. It's meant to get us to think "oh yeah, Grimlock is BACK!" When in reality, Grimlock is too mentally stunted to be of any real help.

It will be interesting to see if, in the face of an imminent battle with the DJD, the LL lets Megatron off his restricted diet, so he can face them at full strength. Is the possible reward worth the risk of allowing this villain (as they see him) to power up again?

Non sequitur: Megatron spent millennia with a massive cannon on his right arm. Do you think he ever has phantom cannon syndrome? That he's still adjusting to the missing weigh and it throws off his balance or dexterity?