[Speculation] 3P Trypticon

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by catan, Mar 18, 2014.

1. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    I'd looooove a trypticon. Preferably huge n chunky! Or any size is good

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I guess I'm alone in my opinion. A 3rd party Trypticon will either be too small or too expensive or both. That new Metroplex that was just revealed has both problems. Generations Metroplex got as close to correct scale as we'll get at a decent price. A 3rd party counterpart would cost way too much most likely. So it would have to be smaller which also kills my interest in it. I want CITY bots not big bots.

They never ANNOUNCED a Trypticon. A lot of people begged and assumed they were making one and it won their poll but there was never an announcement.

3. Double D

Double D Banned

If this is really more than speculation knowing that the op does have access to more information than the usual collector. I wish they would of did Trypticon first. Then they might of had me sold on their Metroplex if scaled together.

4. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    That's my concern----the MT Metro simply isn't that big----Trypticon should be HUGE, certainly larger than any combiner. An MT Trypty would likely be the same or smaller than many 3P combiners. I was really hoping for a PX/Genesis-sized Trypticon. I mean, there's been NO Trypticons since 1986----we're due a nice new big one. Metroplex fans have plenty at this point.

5. Jehsee

Jehsee Well-Known Member

Metroplex, Trypticon... making cityformers be able to link together. Sounds like an awesome line of figures. So why the HELL did they make a crappy add-on kit for Omega Supreme instead of starting from scratch?

6. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

I need titan class trypticon! sorry 3P.

7. primelock LSC

primelock LSC TITAN

I kind of see why mt went with plex first. If they would have introduced trypy first, everybody would have probably said he's to small in comparison to gen plex. So they give you plex first, get you familiar to their scale theory and then introduce the rest of the city bots, probably trypy next. I'm just guessing here. But if it is a series that's cool we might get scorpinok and a new max.

8. Double D

Double D Banned

That sounds like a good reason to me. I never thought about people comparing Trypticon to the Generations Metroplex. Which would be dinky as fuck.

9. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    Still, compared to the recent Dinobots and large Warbotron combiners that are coming, it's going to look pretty small for what should be the absolute largest TF's. (Short of Primus/Unicron)

10. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Meh. I'd only jump on a Trypticon if it was the WFC design by Planet X, 'cause Planet X knows how to make freaking amazing toys with great features.

I wonder if they'd give him a secret city-mode along with the space station mode...

11. OhMyPrimus

OhMyPrimus Well-Known Member

after all the releases of the 3p combiners the scale for a city bot IMO should at the very least be titan class size. Although as mentioned in the past for a 3p to make something of that size with better articulation would shoot up the price. Possibly one of the big considerations MT had to make in deciding what size to make their Utopia.

Problem is most of has already got GenPlex and we are now spoiled with that size.

Keep in mind guys that G1 Metroplex and Trypticon didnt really scale well with the other figures nevermind g1 combiners.

12. MakeToysGiant

MakeToysGiant Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I did my part, i own Planet X Genesis.

If they make a Trypticon, i will buy that too.

13. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    That is pretty much EXACTLY what I want. Give me a WFC-style dinomode, and a nice sky-scraper-filled city mode. I can't imagine anyone really wants "first stage orbital laser mode".

Nemesis mode would be cool, but honestly--that'd be a nightmare to implement. A space-cruiser would certainly be possible, but to make it all "swoopy fins and sleek curves" from that dino mode? Can't imagine it'd work---it could be a spaceship, just not all that similar to the FoC Nemesis.

Just a single, awesome, "all eras combined" Trypticon, the only one you'd need. Awesome WfC-dino, impressive G1-city.

14. MakeToysGiant

MakeToysGiant Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    What i really want, is a giant T-Rex, i may be in the minority here, but i prefer a more G1 look than the game look.

Please make a giant T-Rex.

15. motorthing

motorthing Polarised.

News Credits:
    Just make one.......somebody?

16. OhMyPrimus

anybody???

17. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoever makes a not-Trypticon should make sure it combines in base mode with FansProject Diesel and Warbotron not-Onslaught.

18. OhMyPrimus

Did the G1 toys do that????? i've never had these figures in G1. Forgive my ignorance.

19. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, Metroplex and Tyrpticon had this whole combining feature with Scramble City toys that was never really used in the fiction, but it existed in the instructions. Trypticon's base mode combined with Motormaster and Onslaught's base modes to form a larger city.

[​IMG]

Metroplex could use the Aerialbots limbs as add-ons in robot mode or combine in city mode with Hot Spot and Silverbolt.

[​IMG]

20. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    That there is still the best city-mode we've ever got IMHO.