Special Armored Battalion Dorvack

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by willman85, Jul 2, 2012.

1. willman85

willman85 New Member

Hello!

I got directed to this forum through searching and searching and searching for the name a cartoon I used to have on tape (it was in Cantonese hence why no recollection of its name). Finally I find it's apparently called Special Armored Battalion Dorvack.

I remember it had particularly awesome exciting action sequences (compared to the rather tame American Transformers cartoons). Here is the best clip I can find: COMANDO DOLBUCK.-EspaƱol Latino - YouTube. I fear that it might never have had an English dub of any of its 36 episodes, which is a massive shame.

I just wondered if it was known about at all amongst anyone here?

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    It is know here most due to the fact that two of the toys from its toyline were turned into Transformers back in the G1 toy line:

Mugen Calibur became Roadbuster and Oberon Gazette became Whirl both Autobots who while featured in the comics, primarily in the UK were never in the cartoon.

3. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

And some of us, that bought anything Transforming back in the 80's, got our hands on the toys with no clue where they were from.

I had the Tank, but yeah the chopper and jeep got made into "official" transformers.

As for the cartoon, never seen it. (well, I've seen clips) might see it someday, but like the original go-lion, nostalgia can only keep you interested in dated animation for so long.