Spec-ops Jazz looks cheap

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MechanovaKing, Feb 27, 2011.

1. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Really? I got RTS Jazz for 10 bucks shipped MISB. Where do you find a United version for 20$? Its more like triple the cost + shipping.

2. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Honestly the only thing that bugs me about him are his feet, so cheapish looking.

3. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

Having both Micron Legend Hot Shot and United Jazz, I'd say it's comparable, Hot Shot LED not withstanding. The Armada version looks like a cheap Playskool toy when compared to its Micron Legend counterpart which is fully painted, and more detailed paint apps at that. The paint apps are what make the ML version so much better so it is all about the paint apps. The LED, while having the ability to burn holes in your cornea, is kind of a dud when you put Star Saber in there. RTS Jazz doesn't look terrible but I still think United Jazz punks it in the same way ML Hot Shot punks his American counterpart. Almost two different toys.

4. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    It's always best to check out where a member lives, for these kind of posts to make sense.

5. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow $10 huh with shipping? As far as I know the cheapest shipping is from USPS anyways I got my RTS Jazz at Kohl's for around $11 and United cost me $40 shipped. Yea it was a lot more than the local Hasbro edition but I've got to keep my thread going right?

6. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

I feel the figure looks a little bit cheap because it is so white and dull, not because the white plastic looks weak or anything. I see jazz's with reprolabels and see how much better they look just because it adds a bit of color to him and wish that hasbro may have added a bit more color, but I'm not mad at all.

7. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

The paint apps can be fixed with three $1 paint markers. An LED system is not so easy. Armada had plenty of other light-piped weapons (plus there's a whole host of other translucent weapons with 5mm pegs) and there was a clear version of the Air Defense team. It is the LED setup, that which cannot be so easily fabricated at home, that makes me want the import version. Not paint details it would take a very short time to add to the Hasbro version.

8. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

The United version is way nicer, but the price is also 3x the price for me, so I bought RTS for $10 at Kohls, and added the ReproLabel set for $9. Still not quite on par with United, but I think it was a decent $9 upgrade for a kickass figure and character.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    LOLZ i gave my reason why, no need to keep bringing that up.

10. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

Personally I don't like how the lower legs look, they just look off to me how the legs just shift from black to this "meh" silvery-color from the knee down. I think they should have kept the legs black and add some silver paint to the feet for detail. The feet themselves look odd too.

Maybe it's because I'm so used to the way Jazz looks in the movie continuity. The figure itself though is great, wasn't to keen on it but my friend showed me his and it's on my buy list now.

11. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    I can see how the United version is superior. But for me, as for Babe, the Hasbro'll do. I don't think it cheaply made or made of cheap materials, however. RtS G2 Prime has some rough spots, I think in the materials choices and those wicked-thin wrists.

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Not really comparable. Armada Hotshot isn't missing any painted windows, and he doesn't have an ugly plastic color when compared to the ML version. the differences with jazz are far more glaring.