spawn figures

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by mac&cheese, Aug 9, 2011.

1. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi does anyone here still collect spawn figures or mcfarlane toys? I just got interested after seeing the 12 inch spawn figure from the 95 cover comicbook art. Anyone here has spawn figures?

2. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I dont collect the spawn stuff since theres so much, but I did get his Twisted Fairy Tales set and Wizard of Oz set. I do collect his Halo line and thought about looking for his Xmas set as well

3. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    Mcfarlane toys makes very cool toys. Are they still in business? I dont see thier stuff out there anymore. If not what happen to them? I used to collect all spawn figures. I had like 300 to 400 figures. In the end they took way too much space to display. So I lost interest and quit. Now I see a few cool ones that I want again. I looking for the 12 inch spaen figures from the comic covers. I also love the movie maniacs they use to make. Great stuff!

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    McFarlane Toys is still in business but they have been consumed by the NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB and Halo licenses.

5. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    :eek:  I was told they went out of business a while ago. Great to hear that they are still going forward. But is spawn dead? comics or toys? I have not kept up for 10- 15 years since I was collecting spawn figures and comic books.

6. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

I still have a bunch of Spawn figures, someday I'll even have someplace to display them.

As far as I know, McFarlane Toys killed all non-sports and non-halo lines a couple years ago. Mainly they didn't sell as well as the other lines, of course, the last line of Spawn figures was all remakes of older figures, in a brand new tiny scale that everybody hated, so they didn't sell well.

7. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    Does the spawn comicstill exists? It was a top seller back in days.

8. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

I don't know. I've never followed Spawn comics, and I really only follow DC and Marvel comics through tpbs, and even then not until they're old and cheap.

9. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Apparently, it does:
    SPAWN.COM >> COMICS

10. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    Damn! its still going after all these years? Wow it must have some staying power for todd mcfarlane. I wished he went back to drawing monsters. They are so much better than the real life stuff artwork these days.

11. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i have a ton of the older spawn figs, some misb some loose, if you have a picture list of things your hunting. let me know and ill see what i can do :) 

12. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I used to collect Spawn figures but when they became statues I stopped.

13. Drangleic

Drangleic Crom!

Old thread but I didn't want to make a new one (there are like 500 Spawn threads).

Found this gem at a flea-market today. I always wanted it but didn't want to pay the crazy aftermarket prices. Vendor wanted $25, I got it for $20.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Death Battle anyone?

[​IMG]

14. Drangleic

Drangleic Crom!

Anyone else disappointed that McFarlane's new Spawn figure is just another plastic statue?

https://www.amazon.com/McFarlane-To...&ie=UTF8&qid=1475195804&sr=1-1&keywords=spawn

I'm still going to get it but come on. I figured we were getting an actual action figure when this was first announced.

Not only that but most of the old Classic Covers series look better than this new one. They all had real chains on them too.

15. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

Great find. What are the aftermarket prices tho?

16. Drangleic

Drangleic Crom!

Most ask around $100. But if you watch for it you can find it for like $60 on occasion.

I was hoping McFarlane's new figure would be something similar to this one. Like an actual action figure with articulation.

17. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

Todd needs to add articulation if he wants to revive the line. I like the plastic statues but I'm in the minority. He should also hire a better writer...

18. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

The description says it's articulated...Is that wrong?

Anyways, I have more Spawn figures than I'll ever need already but this one looks nice too.

19. Drangleic

Drangleic Crom!

I love many of the old Classic Covers plastic statues too but I just wanted a new Spawn action figure from Todd. They've added some impressive articulation in their Halo line and I really wanted to see that incorporated into a new Spawn line (especially because he's going back to 7"). Part of me really wants to see him do good again.

Totally agree about the better writer too. There is something undeniably cool about Spawn (both character and premise) but the stories were always poorly written. I've heard it's gotten even worse since but haven't even bothered to check it out.

You can tell it's pretty much just a statue. The head will probably rotate and it looks like there is a cut for right leg swivel but that's it. It's just like most of his later stuff had.

20. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The spikey bands around the statue's arms & legs make no sense. How would anyone wear that and not just stab themselves. Enemy just has to push his arm next to his body and he's a gonner.