Spawn Fans

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by MaikeruSan, Apr 28, 2008.

1. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Any Spawn fans here?:confused: 

2. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I used to be a bigger fan when I was a kid. I think I still have a huge stack of Spawn comics somewhere. I've read some of the later comics where he became basically a god and pressed a huge reset button to stop the apocalypse on Earth, but I've missed so much of the comic that I don't know what's going on.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are you asking about the character in general, the comics, or the toys?

I never got into Spawn at all, which was weird to me since I was a huge McFarlane mark when he was with Marvel.

4. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    All of the above sir.

5. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I have a whole collection of Spawn comics 1- 200 and something plus all the spawn toys from S1 to S26

Why you ask?

6. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Just curious to see how many spawn fans are on here.

7. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I lost so much intrest in Spawn.
    But selling them is pointless since i wont even make my money back.
    here is my room Tv display
    [​IMG]

8. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

The HBO show was pretty cool. Some of the figures were fairly decent. Never got into the comics.

9. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I loved the original start of Spawn. I still keep my auto'd issue #1 on the wall in a BCE frame.

I think I got it signed when issue ten had just come out with Cerebus on the cover. I keep it up there more out of sentimental value than for investment purposes.

It was the first comic convention I ever went to and it was a weird scene too. Todd had a huge Spawn-decaled funny car behind him with big muscular dudes dressed up as Chapel and Al Simmons there as well. It was quite a scene.

I occassionally get some figures, but I never hang on to em for very long. Manga Spawn rocked.

[​IMG]

10. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

loved Spawn when I was 13, not so much since then

11. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I was all over the comic when it started, but dropped out in the 30s or so. I checked back in when the #50 and #100 milestones hit, but never kept up with it either time. I did however, recently buy the Complete Armageddon Collection TPB which collects everything from #150 to the revamp/reboot. Tis good stuff. Makes me want to keep an eye out for cheap back issues and/or TPBs. I haven't followed it since the revamp, but may check out those TPBs too. In short (too late), it's back on my radar, but not a priority.

As for the toys..ugh. I bought doubles of everything up to series 4 and then traded away the sealed set for an original SW A-wing of all things (think I got the better end of that deal). I kept buying whole series up until wave 10 or so before dropping off to one, maybe two (or none at all) figures per wave that I liked (Mandarin Spawn FTW). Bought the original Interlink 6 wave and then sold it off a couple of years later b/c it had literally sat in one place all that time collecting dust. I bought most of the Classic Covers waves, and skipped the wave that was based on the Armageddon arc b/c I hadn't read it yet.. and now I kinda want those. :( 

There's a few McMovie and McSports figs out in the open, but all the Spawn stuff is boxed up. I need to whittle it down to essential characters (Angela, etc.) and just cool looking shit (Mandarin/Manga), but..yeah..I'd get maybe $20 for the lot. :redface2: 

12. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I used to be a fan when the comic first came out, but now I only like the early issues that McFarlane didn't write. The HBO series is actually still pretty good, but I don't care about the Spawn figures. But I do like the McFarlane Sportspicks, I have a whole bunch of hockey figures on my wall right now.

13. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I have the entire Series 24 of the Spawn figures including the exclusive, all MISB, that I've been meaning to sell for the longest time.

14. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I collected the comics back when the oriignally came out but as he years went by a only sporadically collected them until I stopped at issue 100. I collectedd certain figures from several of Mcfarlane's early waves but after the viking age line I stopped, I have no use for statues.

15. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

as far as figures go, I've got wanda and all of the "angels" except for the ones with four arms, because they freak me out. comic-wise, I was into it up until about the 40's or so, until it started seeming repetitive to me and the storyline didn't seem to progress anymore. I did recently , however, dl all of the issues, and I'm just catching up on some other stuff before I sit down to read them all.

16. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I started on the comics (got the issue number 4 with the coupon) and collected up to issue 106 or so.
    the toys, i began with series 7 (Zombie spawn still kicks ass and was my first) and then i went nuts. a bad idea.
    the sculpts looked nice, but they either suffered from fragility or terminal brick.
    that interlink 6 was a Piece of Shite. me and two friends spent a weekend trying to assemble them into the big bot-ultimate combiner for the win!- and wound up with a wasted set of figs we couldn't put back together and i bought another set of them.
    wasn't worth it.

i love the Spawn concept- no good deed goes unpunished- but i am trying to focus on my TFs these days.
    oh, i have a poster that i love- it has spawn on a building over a gargoyle and the caotion says, "Heaven Curses His Existence."

17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I was a fan when I was younger but moved away from the line once the figures became statues. I would gladly get back into the line, if Toddy decides to make Spawn figures the same way his company is making the Halo figures.

18. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Spawn was cool till his creator was trying to milk every cent out of him :( 
    Thr HBO Series was awesome but with no ending made it grrrrr

19. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Love the comics, not really a collector of the toys though as there are so many other things that grab my attention.

20. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Unless there's a character that looks cool, or is female :) p), Spawn's the only figure I buy from his series.

:thumb