Sparks: Which Continuity Has It Right, And Your Own Theory/Canon

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by NexusZero, Aug 13, 2011.

1. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

So, I started reading the TF IDW, and UK comics. Needless to say, they are awesome, yet extremely confusing...

At one point in the IDW series, Sparks are simply the "heart" of the TF, but later, the Spark is the heart, soul, and even mind of the TF!

But in the UK comics, the Spark, or "Laser core" is suffused throughout the entire body, yet, when it shows Prime's battered corpse, he very clearly has a Spark chamber!

In my personal canon, the Spark contains the base programming of a TF, and is suffused throughout the body, but can coalesce in the Spark chamber if needed. It gives the TF a Personality, forms basic memory, etc...Why is this so confusing, and what do you use to explain it? Haha

2. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
  3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I prefer BW's explanation on sparks. They give enough hints at what a spark specifically does, but leaves it abiguious. For example, while a spark is the heart and soul of a TF, it is not all-dominating, and a TF can have the core nature of their sparks reprogrammed or supressed, just like a computer. The spark is the core, but nothing without a body. I never liked UT's portrayal of sparks as invulnerable macguffins you could just put anywhere and they'd be fine.