Spark vs Form

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Grandus Prime, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Grandus Prime

Grandus Prime Well-Known Member

Is there any correlation between the nature of a bot's spark and the form it takes or power it possesses? For example, Rhinox was the brick of the Maximals and when he was reformatted as a vehicon, he was another brick in the form of Tankor. Is that because his spark in some way dictated form and power levels? Could a decepticon like Megatron or Optimus for that matter up their strength and power by simply having their physical form redesigned or beefed up, or does the spark of the bot dictate the form he possesses to create some kind of harmonious symbiosis?

2. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Have ya watched the original Transformers movie? {cough}Galvatron

3. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Seeing as Megatron's spark got stuck in a Diagnostic Drone, I think spark and form are independent.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Optimus Prime's spark was so powerful it needed to reformat Primal to "fit" so I'd say yes.

But also remember Megatron's spark was not normal, being able to posess whomever he chose. If anything he reinforces this idea, since his abilty to take over any body was deemed special.

5. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    In shorty yes

Also i think sparks individual composition on whether a large tf has "server lag" which make it seem stupid (Tidal wave, etc) however some have a certain makeup which makes a powerful spark able to support a large and intelligent form

I believe it also determines special abilities (eg. Skywarps teleportation)

6. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

See I agree with what Crystal Convoy said. Otherwise shouldn't the Diagnostic Drone's form have changed once Megatron's spark enter it?

7. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No, because it wasn't a real Transformer body, and his spark was not normal. His spark coudl survive outside a living body for as long as it wanted, and gained the ability to posess machines of all kinds, that's why he was able to reanimate the vehicons and posess the drone, even though they can't hold normal sparks.

8. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Fair enough. But then why didn't the form of the tank drone change when his spark entered it? It was an actual Transformer body capable of holding a spark, like Rhinox's.

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

but did it "format" because it was more powerful, or because bit was from a different generation?

to me thats the real question.

10. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Why do you think that?

11. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Rhinox said because it was too powerful, however it could be a bit of both. Obviously Prime's spark is "calibrated" to a larger body, but Primal's body didn't just grow, it took on Prime-like traits like the truck mode and more squared-off design. And that's just his dormant Spark.

And when BW Megatron absorbed the original's, he became demonic-looking, obviously reflecting the more evil nature of both sparks in his body.

It's a shame there's not more examples. The only ones I can think of are Starscream, but I have to rule him out like BM Megatron because again, his Spark wasn't normal, and TFA (I know it's a seperate continuity) where Prowl put's Yoketron's spark into a protoform and it reformats instantly into Yoketron minus the armour and mods. BUT that could also just be the nature of Protoforms.

12. mrgalvaprime

News Credits:
    Well who in their right mind would give teleportation to a dickwad like Skywarp and not someone like say the loyal and dependable Soundwave?

13. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It wasn't. The drones and generals were not the same, though they were obviosuly designed similar. The generals had actual spark chambers, drones were designed long before the generals were. The drones were built from Transformer body parts, not actual Transformer bodies.

And even if it did have one, it wouldn't change because as I said, his spark was abnormal, so you can't say. He also reanimated a few dead bodies from the corpse yards, and they didn't change. Again, because his was not a normal spark.

Apossible bit of explanation could be because he consumed so many sparks, while Megatron's conciousness dominated, he was no longer an individual, and that's why the bodies never reformatted, since there was no specific spark "type" to adapt to. Also, all the bodies were dead, so whatever causes them to reformat would not be functioning. All they could do was shamble and groan.

A smart leader. Giving it to someone as intelligent as Soundwave would lead to the possibility of having it used against you. A moron like Skywarp wouldn't know how to use it if he did betray.

First rule of Decepticons: Trust no one.

14. mrgalvaprime

News Credits:
    But then why would said leader not give it to himself as well

15. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

The final episodes of Beast Machines made it pretty clear that when sparks were joined, they got bigger. And look at how Megatron grew in size as he absorbed the sparks on Cybertron. Also, Rhinox said that Optimus's spark had the matrix with it, and we saw what that did to Hot Rod. Unless you were implying that Optimus's spark was powerful because of what Rhinox said, in that case I agree.

But if his teleportation abilities were a result of his spark, then wouldn't he still have retained his teleportation ability after becoming Armada/Cyclonus/Random Sweep (we're not gonna argue who he became, that's not what I'm getting at)?

16. mrgalvaprime

News Credits:
    Because unicron wanted to ensure loyalty to his recreations (didn't work out well at all) so he removed teleportation from his spark to ensure if whoever-skywarp-became couldn't be tricked by a matrix bearer to teleport him ito unicrons body

17. Grandus Prime

Grandus Prime Well-Known Member

I found it interesting that Rhinox the muscleman of the Maximals becomes Tankor the juggernaut vehicon general and Silverbolt the agile flyer becomes Jestorm the vehicon flyer general.

I always took Optimal's size increase was a function of possessing the Matrix.

I always assumed that some facet of the spark caused the formatting of the form. Once a speedster, always a speedster or once a brick, always a brick and so forth.

I would think if Rhinox were to be formatted into an older G1 form he would be some form of massive vehicle as it would be some outward projection of the nature of his spark.

18. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Remember, Rhinox said because it was too powerful....BECAUSE it had the Matrix with it.

Wether it was the Matrix of leadership, of the heaven like matrix wasnt clear.

I really didnt see much chasnge there until after he fell into the lava

true

19. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

A] Skywarp never displayed any behaivor I would describe as "dickwad"
    B] Special abilities have already been shown to be vpart of their bodies.A power chip rectifier contained Skywarps ability to telapoet.And it was removed once and given to Megatron.

20. mrgalvaprime

News Credits:
    Yes but you have to take evrything in g1 season 1/2 (and a very little bit in season 3) with a pinch of salt