Customs: spark crystals?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by shinobi77, Sep 27, 2009.

1. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    just wondering if anyone found a way to swap them?

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I haven't ever done it, but during the Beast-era people were doing it all the time. You can even find costume-jewels that fit perfectly, which with a little more creativity allows you to create entirely-new faction crystals.

Depending on the figure they're either mechanically locked (between two parts that screw, glue, or snap together) or glued into place. ALl you have to do is disassemble and remove.

D/L

3. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

The American ones (BW TM2, BM year 1) are easy -- Get a #0 Phillips and unscrew what ever part it's lodged into. I not too long ago got a BM TM2 Megatron (Deluxe sized bot in a Mega sized box) in a trade from Superquad7. I decided to swap in TM2 Scarem's Pred spark crystal. I also have (loose) BM Longhorn and BM Megatron's Max and Vehi spark crystals. It took forever, but I managed to liberate Armada Triceradon's crystal. Just so you know, the Armada Dinobots (with crystals) wear BM Dinobot crystals with an Autobot symbol tampoed over them. Energon spark crystals are much, much more difficult to get at, though I finally got a peek of an Arcee and Sharkticon (aka En. Sky-Byte).