Spada Reviews HFTD Breacher and Insecticon

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by BaltMatrix, Aug 21, 2010.

1. BaltMatrix

BaltMatrix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was looking forward to both of these guys, but sadly they each fall short in their own way. For Breacher I have major issues with quality control. Parts are much too tight on this guy and they have a nasty habit of flying off. Not only that, but the panel on the right arm has a major factory error that I'm going to have to figure out how to fix.

For Insecticon, there's not so much wrong with the figure as there are some bad choices. The paint for one. I really wish Hasbro used a purple and yellow deco and called him Bugly instead. The drab green on gray is not a good color choice. Putting aside the no-real-hands-syndrome the 'robot' mode has, the arms do not stay attached to the figure all that well. Again, move them too much and they fall off. The final issue is that the figure is top heavy. The wings are solid and weigh far to much making posability almost impossible.

Sadly I have to say pass on these two figures. I wanted these guys to be better but there are just too many issues that I cannot look past.

YouTube - Breacher and Insecticon

2. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Sucks that your figures seem to be so poorly constructed. I am on the fence about Breacher and seeing stuff like this makes me feel inclined to pass.

3. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Spada

I don't think it's fair to say that you can't recommend Breacher based on the quality control on your figure alone. If i was you, i'd try returning him to the store and getting another one to see if it's a common problem.

Insecticon, on the other hand...really doesn't look good to me either :( 

4. BaltMatrix

BaltMatrix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I already sent the figure back, in fact, the one in my review IS the second figure. The first figure was actually broken in the packing and I contacted the seller about it. They replaced it no questions asked.

Also, in the comments on my review there are about three or four people who have the figure with the same exact issues.

5. rainningstorm

rainningstorm cheapskate@Cantonment

Man that just sucks for you having bad quality ones twice. Mine is pretty tight and well-made.

As for the hand mounted gun, peg it in more towards the end where the plastic sticks out and its much more tighter than normal.