Space shuttle ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by dazednconfuzed, Oct 10, 2010.

1. dazednconfuzed

dazednconfuzed Member

2. Invader

Invader Active Member

"NASA’s Kennedy Space Center came under attack from the merciless Decepticons this week. However, Optimus Prime and his valiant band of Autobots fended them off, and then stood watch over the space center for the remainder of the week – along with the cast and crew of “Transformers 3, The Dark of the Moon.”

YouTube - Optimus Prime rolls in at the VAB
    YouTube - Transformers 3 at Kennedy Space Center - VAB Part 1(single file in front of VAB)
    YouTube - Transformers 3 at Kennedy Space Center - VAB Part 2(Rolling into the VAB!)
    YouTube - Transformers 3 at Kennedy Space Center - VAB Part 3(Optimus Prime drives by)

but without him:
    YouTube - Transformers 3 set - Sentinel drives by - Hammond, IN

3. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a fluff piece. That first paragraph is merely a teaser background job to get you into the article.

As for the shuttle being a transformer, you have no idea who the source is. For all its worth, they could have been talking to KSC workers who assume its a transformer, and these news people could have taken it as gospel truth.

I was present for different parts of filming, so I can tell you that parts of this article are right, and parts are wrong. Unfortunately, the NDA I signed prevents me from telling everything that would clear this article up. All I will say is that I am just as interested as to how the plot progresses as any of you are.

4. motorhead9999

News Credits:
    As for the Sentinel vid you posted, its really tough to tell what's going on. The crew I spoke with said they don't film the movie in chronological order, so there's no real way to tell which scenes happen before which. For all we know, the Sentinel vid (if that really is Sentinel) could have been the opening shot, or it could have been the closing shot.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

From the tidbits that have been coming out about the movie we know it has to do with the space race and the subtitle suggests the moon might be involved so having the space shuttle in the film just seems like it would fit.

If the shuttle is a Transformer or not it's a bit hard to know since the robots are done in CGI.

The science nerd in me just really really hopes that if they do use the space shuttle to go to the moon that the Autobots modify the space shuttle to do it instead of this mythology that the craft is something other than an orbital craft.

6. motorhead9999

News Credits:
    You mean like Armageddon where we can fire two shuttles at the same time, take them to an asteroid and have them take off on a runway like a plane does?

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Oh gods yes. By that point it's sort of like screw it this isn't an action movie it's some sort of crazy ass live action cartoon from someone who knows nothing about space or the space program. Even the Road Runner cartoons were closer to real world physics than Armageddon.

8. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Any way you can create a bogus screen name and post some spoilers anonymously? :drool: 

9. motorhead9999

News Credits:
    Sorry. Believe me, I would love to. Unfortunately, if there's anything I've learned, it's that if you post it, it will get traced back to you. Numerous people got in trouble on set for just taking pictures with the cars, and not only did it become an issue with Paramount, but because of the agreement that Paramount has with NASA, it could also mean repercussions with my job itself, especially since I'm a contractor, and not NASA. Its not worth it to me to lose my job over providing some spoilers.

With the exception of one thing, I didn't witness any bombshells while filming. Most of it just is sort of a continuation and shoring up of what we've heard from scenes in the other cities.

Also, I must say that Sideswipe looks even better in person. Its an amazing car. No interior to it though, but the outside is just fantastic. The Ferrari is an amazing car as well.

10. GabrielPrime

GabrielPrime One of the Thirteen

News Credits:
    And finally we know the guy in the wheelchair is John Turturro, maybe this means the KSC scenes are towards the end of the movie, since John Turturro character gats injured during the movie.

11. Afterburn96

Afterburn96 Active Member

The space shuttle reminds me of Galaxy Shuttle from Victory

12. rodimal

rodimal Let's destroy Decepticons

Ebay:
    Finally some vids from the Cape. Was hoping that someone got something.