Space Bridge?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by megapork, Aug 17, 2011.

1. megapork

megapork Cheese

UPDATE: Space Bridge? Future Plot Point?

Are The Decepticons Rebuilding the space bridge? This would explain why the decepticons are stockpiling energon, As A Space bridge requires quite a lot of energon. And while i was looking through episodes 11 - 20, I came upon something in Sick Mind. Just before Starscream Bitch-slaps a Vehicon, The monitors in the background appeared to be showing space bridge schematics. Im Not sure if this theory is true but it seems likely.

On A side note, I just got a thought about dark energon. In out of his head bumblebee under the influence of megatron (Drug Reference?), Recovers a dark energon shard from the zombie battlefield. I noticed that it didnt diminish in power or size despite being used to revive hundreds of dead cybertronians. If this is true with a small shard then could this be true with the big chunk megatron threw into cybertron, If so a space bridge would be a much needed resource to recover said chunk. Thoughts?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

UPDATE: Just finished reviewing episodes 11-20. Noticed that episodes out of his head, Operation Breakdown, Metal Attraction, And Partners had similar schematics in the background, Notably in partners. In Partners it appears to be a point in interest in megatron seeing that he is overseeing the progress from the bridge. More notably it appears that the space bridge is being done in parts that are monitored individually. To Add to previous statements, a space bridge construction site could be also be why the decepticon warship is constantly traveling into space.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

UPDATE: BOOYAH!! CALLED IT!!! The Recent Episode confirms my suspicions about plans for another space bridge. Intergalactic Transportation is too great an advantage for the decepticons to ignore.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could see them doing that. WE HAVE seen the Nemesis in space many times lately, but yet... I wouldn't be surprised if they COULDN'T do that.

That thing was freaking massive, I don't think they got the resources to pull off another contructicon of that size.

3. megapork

megapork Cheese

Good point. But they could compromise with a smaller version made from the usable scraps of the previous space bridge, Presumably one large enough for the nemesis and small enough to conserve energon.

4. megapork

megapork Cheese

UPDATE: Just finished reviewing episodes 11-20. Noticed that episodes out of his head, Operation Breakdown, Metal Attraction, And Partners had similar schematics in the background, Notably in partners. In Partners it appears to be a point in interest in megatron seeing that he is overseeing the progress from the bridge. More notably it appears that the space bridge is being done in parts that are monitored individually.(see attachments for images)

Attached Files:

5. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    **Good catch.**

They could be making a scaled down revision of the "space bridge".

6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hadn’t paid much attention to those screens, well not in so much detail, until you brought this topic up.

I started watching a few episodes looking for that screen you believe to be a space, bridge. It’s everywhere. It’s even in the episode entitled Master and Student, which is odd considering the last Space Bridge imploded in the previous story. The same episode shows Starscream retrieving Megatron in space, whose body is floating among Space Bridge debris. If a new space bridge was being constructed, wouldn’t we have seen it?

Soundwave’s great attention to detail would make him ideal as a project overseer. Which makes me wonder why he would remain on the ship rather than away overseeing the construction of a Space Bridge, though I am aware someone else could do that, but why not use a named character for the job? The Decepticons haven’t exactly been on a winning streak, and since Soundwave is the only Decepticon actually able to carry out orders, why wouldn’t Megatron want him to do the job is all I’m saying…if a Space Bridge was in fact being built.

7. Shockwave1138

Shockwave1138 Multi-changer

News Credits:
    I'm of half a mind to say "oh, they're just re-using screens they already rendered from Darkness Rising for the background that we're 'not supposed' to be looking at,", BUT it actually wouldn't surprise me if it's true that they're working on either a rebuild or a scale-down of the 'Bridge somewhere offscreen :p 

8. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

Honestly, screw the Spacebridge. They already have a very useful Groundbridge that they can use to launch the perfect hit and run attacks on human areas (say, residential, commerce, and utility areas). They could launch terrorist attacks from orbit and be out before the humans can even retaliate.

9. AlphaTrionA3

AlphaTrionA3 Autobot

News Credits:
    If they are rebuilding the Space Bridge that would be epic!

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Maybe this will be part of Megatron's plans.

11. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it is the case that the cons are making a new Space bridge then the "robot zombie apocalypse" Optimus foresaw could still come to pass. that could create some interesting partnerships like team Prime & M.E.C.H.

12. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    It's possible.

That or they're just using the space bridge schematics as something to put on the monitors, as opposed to drawing something new up.

13. AlphaTrionA3

AlphaTrionA3 Autobot

News Credits:
    Hells yeah! That actually sounds interesting. I hope that we DO see something like this happen.

14. megapork

megapork Cheese

Megatron's not practical. He wants to conquer earth with one powerful attack completely crushing the autobots in the process. Anyway, anyone with a mind like his is probably in a mental institute.

A Space bridge could be used to transport megatron to cybrtron to retrieve the large chunk of dark energon he threw into cybertron in darkness rising part 5.

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What makes you think there’s a chunk to retrieve? Cybertron’s dead was revived? With no one to control them all they must be going at it to no end (again) or are dancing to thriller:p 

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  16. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Guys...was it ever established that the Space Bridge has an anchor in orbit over Cybertron? If so then the explosion likely would have killed all the Terrorcons. However, if there wasn't than the blast would have only been on the one side, leaving the army relatively intact...uh oh.

Really I think this is a wonderful idea, I could also see them using the Synthetic Energon to power it. With that they can remove the Minercons from their off ship posts and bring them in to increase the number working on the bridge.

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just assumed the space bridge was like the Ground Bridges they use, only a point of origin is needed.

I wonder how an explosion originating from the Space Bridge works; is it one sided? I assume it is. I figure the moment the Space Bridge imploded the Terrorcons either got kicked into an alternate dimension like Skyquake or were kicked from wormhole back into Cybertron’s atmosphere.
    With no connection to Megatron, do you think they would roam space aimlessly or the surface of Cybertron?

Answering another question asked in a different thread in the Transformer Prime forum about flight in robot mode, I guess it is possible as the Terrorcons did manage to fly towards the wormhole created by the Space Bridge.

18. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

much like darth vader overlooking the deathstar construction

all this time i thought meggs was jst lookin out of the window and not acctually doin anything:eek: 

19. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I think this will come into play whenever Unicron appears.

That would be a badass way of bringing him here, wouldn't? Opening a massive wormhole through space, then that giant badass thing comes wrecking a havoc on the laws of physics with the omnious song at the background as he utters: "I awaken".

FUCK. YES.

20. megapork

megapork Cheese

There has been no clear indication that after use, that dark energon's energy is diminished or used up. For example: the shard which megatron used on the battlefield in Darkness rising 3 and the shard he used on himself in darkness rising 2. They both remained usable.This is only a theory and is mere speculation. The nature of dark energon is very mysterious.

It is unicron's blood, Perhaps he will come into play either in person or in one of his heralds.