Space Bridge in RoTF and DoTM

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tyripticon, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Tyripticon

Tyripticon I will crush megatron

I went to a movie theater to wach DoTM and i realized that the space bridge is supposed to be Sentinel's invention but Jetfire used a space bridge in RoTF to?

So someone please tell me what is going on in RoTF and DoTM!:sly: 

2. Puntoue

Puntoue Well-Known Member

I remember asking the same thing but I never got a response

3. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I guess you could consider the one in ROTF a ground bridge (like in TF Prime) and DOTM's an actual space bridge.

4. griffon2k

griffon2k Active Member

Jetfire was an old school Cybertronian, and they followed the other representations of him, a pretty good scientist as well. I took it that he knew how to open up a small space bridge using his own parts. Limited in range, but working.

5. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    I think Jetfire was only meant to be able to transport a few objects over a shorter distance maybe being useful as a way to escape enemies.

The space bridge in DOTM was a larger more powerful one.

6. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    That's how I took it. Consider the differences in distance. Virginia to Egypt might as well be just a step in comparison to intergalactic mass displacement.

7. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    I thought he just teleported?

8. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Space Bridge tech was lost tech. Sentinel Prime rediscovered the principles behind and made his own copyright technology.

Decepticon Space Bridge tech is point to point transport like Jetfire and the Fallen.

Autobot Space Bridge tech is for mass transport with relays and portals.

9. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Look who was using the Space Bridges: The Fallen, one of the original Primes, and Jetfire, a Seeker under the command of the Fallen. They were, to quote Wheelie (IIRC): "The oldest of the old". The ability to teleport yourself across vast distances was probably pretty commonplace in the early days of Cybertron. But with the Primes dead, and the Seekers missing, the knowledge and ability to preform Space Bridges was lost. Come Sentinel Primes time, he was able to invent technology (the Pillers) that could mimic the Space Bridges of old.

Jetfire explicitly called it a Space Bridge after dropping everyone in Egypt.

10. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    sentinal invented the pillars that(depending on how many are present) can transport a person, a bot, an army or a planet. jetfire has a personal one built in. that way he can seek for stars suitable for absorbsion, or take care of any task given to him quickly. its like having a cell phone and a house phone. or a psp and a ps3. the cell phone and a psp are more portable and easier to carry around(jetfire). while the house phone and a ps3 allows you to do more but is less convienent(house phone)/portable(ps3). and the reason sentinal is the only one that can control the "master pillar" is because he made it and probbably put hes imprint on it so only he can control it. just like how no one else can control the driller but shockwave, and no one else can command laserbeak, and ravage but soundwave. (megs tells soundwave what to do and soundwave tells his mions what "operation" to do. "laserbeak, its time to eliminate our human allies". Or like you putting a pass code on your phone.:2c: 

11. StarScream686

StarScream686 Member

obviously sentinel invented the pillars. i think the space bridge he created was for advanced transportation. I believe that some transformers ( jetfire may be one of them ) can teleport short distances without the pillars and stuff.

12. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Jetfire said they were lucky they were on the same planet.

13. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that was just Jetfire going senile, being unable to properly control the Bridge due to his age and lack of Energon. The Fallen had no trouble teleporting the short distances he did in the final battle, while Jetfire was forgetting to tell Sam and co that he was using a Space Bridge.