Space Bridge Idea

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ANDROID PRIME, Feb 3, 2009.

1. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I came up with an idea to incorporate Space Bridge Technology in the movieverse. We all know that the transformers crashed on earth in meteor form, but how did the get their start. (dont say they had a running start then jumped)

My idea is to have a giant towering canon like structure that maps out trajectories and obstacles, then fires the transformers into space with pinpoint acuraccy. It would also prepare them for the travels before hand, by giving them a new round form to scan and coating them in a protective material (notice chunks falling off the autobots when they enter the atmosphere)

This could add some interesting story elememts becasue many transformers can't leave earth untill they build a space bridge. You could also use this idea to explain why the decepticons were on mars. they could have built a spacebridge there to shuttle their troops. It could also be used as a macguffen, in the sense that they must locate and or defend its main computer chip(brain) or powersource. let me know what you think. like it or hate it.

Attached Files:

2. mecha

mecha Banned

i like the idea....i think it works...but i think :bay  is too much of a egotistical ass to use the space bridge idea...i think he will go with a Space ship or space cruiser idea if he even bothers to go that far into detail in the movies to explain how the transformers got from cybertron all the way to earth....

3. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    not too bad. to be honest i'm more down for a stargate type of thing, but what you're saying probably makes more sense

4. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh dont get me wrong, I would much rather a stargate style space bridge. I would have also had the autobots crash with the Ark 4 million years ago. but I'm just using what Bay and Co. has given us.

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, if the movie comics follow the movies themselves like we are told, they have s.b. Tech already, and it was very much like the G1 incarnation of it. Its more of an energy pilon than a circular colosseum lookin thing. But its there.