Space Battle Ark vs Nemesis

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RedWolf, Dec 8, 2010.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

The Decepticons will not only invade Earth but bring the Nemesis with them. Giving them a tactical advantage.

The Autobots being informed there is a frigging Autobot ship on the moon, the Ark, will go there to fly it to save Earth.

A space battle will occur between the titular Transformer ships resulting to the destruction of both.

2. cypherXR

cypherXR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Ark (if that is indeed the Ark on the moon) will definitely be on Earth. The same rocket boosters from the ship on the moon in the trailer are the same ones seen during filming. So that's a given. I'm not sure in what capacity it will be featured. I think that it will be used for some sort of rescue.

However, I do think we will see space battle between the Ark and the Nemesis in the form of a flashback. Showing how they both crashed due to the battle and ended up where they did.

3. RedWolf

Interesting about the structures of the 'Ark' and the Nemesis is that the Nemesis looks to have been grown while the 'Ark' looks standard built. In interviews its structure of the Nemesis inside is based on bone marrow.

If the Decepticons bring all their forces with the Nemesis then maybe the only chance of countering their numbers is possibly reactivating the Autobots on the 'Ark' from stasis.

4. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    I thinking the same thing well maybe they were both after the allspark

5. RedWolf

Though the construction of the Ark and Nemesis are vastly different. I can't help but notice the harness connected to the Fallen and the Prime at the end. This perhaps suggest their ships can be controlled from those chairs by their commanders.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

Im sorry but i dont see Either of those Ships being in Flying much less fighting shape, the Nemesis is shattered and broken, while the Ark is appears to have crashed Bridge first into the moon, while im guessing we will get a Space battle During this movies Bot-induced Flashback, these two arent getting up.

7. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

I'm inclined to agree, though remember Beast Wars? The Axalon crashed as well and wasn't looking too good, but they fixed it and it was able to fly, until Megatron damaged it again.

The Ark doesn't look TOO broken imo. And if you've got Wheeljack and perhaps Ratchet combining their knowledge along with the strength of all those protoforms to do their work, it shouldn't take too long to fix the ship.

The Nemesis is another thing though. It's pretty much broken as hell. But just like on the Ark, there are plenty of protoforms to fix it. And Shockwave perhaps has the knowledge to fix it as well.

And if they fight in the movie, then I want the Nemesis to crash into the sea and the Ark should survive, so the Autobots can go home.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm also thinking it will be in some sort of flashback since both ships are wrecked. Still as long as we get some sort of cool space battle does it really matter if it's here and now or millions of years ago?

9. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can see the flashback now.

The Fallen has been beaten by his brothers. He gets on the Nemisis with his forces and flees Earth while his brothers, who are dying, make a Tomb out of their own bodies to hide it from their brother.

The Fallen doesn't get far when BAM! The Arc, commanded by Sentinel Prime, comes out of no where. Sentinel had received a final order from his ancestors, to come and destroy The Fallen before he can escape. Sentinel fails and the Arc crashes into the Moon. The Nemisis, however, is low on power and doesn't get far before it must crash down on a different planet. The Fallen goes into stasis to conserve energy and, reaching through time and space, makes contact with his future apprentice, Megatron!

Obviously, I'm ignoring the IDW comic stuff.

10. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Just like Bay does.

11. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hence why I ignored it.

12. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I think it'd be really cool to see a flashback to the Nemesis and the Ark battling.

It'd be a nice nod to G1, for one. Secondly, it'd just be cool. We haven't seen a Transformers space battle before, and I'm betting (if they do it) it will be awesome.
    I'm guessing that when the Ark crashed, one (or two) of the surviving Autobots broke out of the ship. That's why there's a big hole in it. Maybe that would explain the presence of some of the other Autobots on Earth in early times.

13. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

I can totally dig this.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Just two other big factors to throw in there.

We haven't seen Micheal Bay do a space battle yet and he's known for some really great work when it comes to action. If we get a space battle I'm sure he will find a way to do it different than the space battles we've gotten in other films.

A space battle might actually be something that works really well in 3D. When critics have talked about 3D on most movies they say that the flying was the best 3D parts of the film so a space battle in 3D might really be something.

15. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Maybe it was a battle between Alpha Trion and Shockwave. Dark of the Moon might be about the race to resurrect Alpha Trion and Shockwave for the final battle.

16. Edgcracker

Edgcracker Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. For all of the Bay hating out there, the man knows how to make kick ass battles and big explosions better than anybody in the biz.
    And although I generally loathe 3D, a Bayformers space battle would be magical in 3D.

17. RedWolf

The ship is definitely an Autobot ship, it has an Autobot symbol at the rear surrounded by the engine blocks, and the guy going out of stasis is a Prime since he has a Dynasty of Primes symbol at his left breast.

So this is the Ark essentially.

18. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    During shooting, there was a rumor that somebody mentioned Sentinel Prime so maybe it is Sentinel Prime vs Shockwave. Maybe both ships and bodies were recovered by the military, so now the Decepticons want their stuff back.

19. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    im kind of hopeing we get the begining of the movie as the flasback showing exactly what happens then warps us to 1969 and the apollo mission with a cullen narrative of cource. hopefully thats what happens.

20. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. It starts like the trailer with the moon-landing and them discovering the transformers.

The awakening of the gold robot however might be right behind the moon-landing scen in the beginning with a "Present" sign OR it will just be later in the movie.