South Park 11-1-06

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BigPrime3000, Nov 2, 2006.

1. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Anybody watch last night's episode? Considering the content, I'd figure people would be way more up in arms over this episode compared to last week's.

Anyone else get the feeling they added all of that Ms. Garrison shit just to offend even more than they did last week.

Oh yea, and the Otters where so damn cute. Definitly one of the best.

2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I didn't want to start the thread on this one since I started the one on last week. We need a general South Park thread, where we can talk about each week's episode.

I laughed my ass off at this one. Especially when they showed Garrison's tits.

Only thing I didn't like is that it's a two parter. They should stick to one episode stories.

3. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    So what was it about? We're still getting Season 8 reruns here...

4. TheIncredibleHulk

Spoilers........

Garrison is forced to teach evolution to the kids. And then becomes an Atheist, just so he can get some action.

Cartman doesn't want to wait 3 weeks for the Nintendo Wii to come out. So he wants to be frozen for 3 weeks. He tells Butters to bury him in the snow and come get him in 3 weeks. An avalanche occurs and buries him so that Butters can't find him. Cartman is unfrozen in the year 2546 where there is no Wii and he is stuck in the middle of a war between groups of Atheists. Its to be continued from there.

5. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    I agree. Especially since the whole Cartoon Wars two-parter (the second one opening with the infamous APRIL FOOLS gag and Terrance and Phillip, but they went back to the main story quickly), I've been a bit pissed about shows having two-parters.

:lolol  for the episode. :thumb 

6. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Yeah it was good, cant wait to see next weeks. They are always hittin the game systems up, they had the episode with the Okama Gamsphere and Towlie and the PSP..

7. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

I liked the Buck Rogers intro parody . Good episode though :)  .

8. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Very good with totally ace social commentary as usual. Can't wait for the thrilling conclusion.

9. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Can't forget the one where they were saving money from lost teeth to buy a SEGA DREAMCAST!!!

Anyways... I've spent the entire daying going around saying "come on... come on!". Mostly because I'm waiting for the Wii, but also because it was a fun episode.

Mrs. Garrison having sex with kinda disturbing though.

10. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Anybody know what the name of the episode was?

11. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Oh my science.

I shall smash your skull like a clam on my tummy.

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wikipedia has it listed as "Go God. Go! Part II" (yes, 'part 2'), but the official South Park site still has it as "TBA". I'm inclined to believe "Go God. Go!", but the 'part 2' sounds like a typo.

Anyway, I thought this was a pretty decent episode. Good mix of social commentary, irreverent humor and the characters just being themselves and playing off each other. I'm surprised they got away with showing as much of the Garrison/Dawkins sex scene as they did; the last time they had a graphic scene like that, they cut away quickly. The two different UALs were funny, but the otter thing just came right out of nowhere; I'm hoping they tie that into the rest of the plot better next week. This one looks like it has enough legs to make the most of a two-parter, but I'm not sure I like two multi-part episodes in the space of one season, especially from a show that's used them only rarely in the past.

13. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I loved that line. :lol 

14. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

I thought this was head and shoulders above the Satan episode (which had a painfully unfunny A-story).

Of course, if they could tailor make a SP episode to suit my interests, this is pretty close to what it would look like. Evolution, education, 70s sf, Nintendo... add in something about toy collecting and it'd be perfect.

And I think Garrison's explanation of evolution was about the funnest thing since Tom went into the closet.

Do have to say that I never dreamed I'd see Richard Dawkins in a cartoon, let alone one that showed him having butt-monkey sex with a tg. I guess that out does Gould's appearance on the Simpsons.

15. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

The Buck Rogers spoof was awsome!

16. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Yeah the Mr. Garrison sex scenes were kinda like....BUt Nah!!

17. Prowlus

Prowlus resident goldfish

The Garrison sex scene nearly grossed me out but the Buck Rogers reference was very cool . Wonder if the Wi in the museum will go "bidibibi"

18. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

It was funny, but not up to par with the rest of the season.

19. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Totall forgot about this:

The very awesome homage to modern BSG, with Dawkins as Baltar and Garrison as Six.

As for the Garrison stuff, I don't think it was put there just to offend. They've had this Ms. Garrison storyline running for a bit, and they are definately going someplace with this. I think we'll see what happens when the "enlightened" Mr. Dawkins finds out his new woman really did have balls.

As for the sex scene, I could be wrong, but I think it can be seen as a criticism of the Dawkins-via-Garrison POV - that we're just monkeys. The sex was unpleasant and animalistic - man (and former man) reduced to his animal state is not what I call a noble thing.

20. TheIncredibleHulk

Well, we got the second part last night. Which was called "Go God Go! Part XI", so the first part's title "Go God Go! Part II" wasn't a typo. Maybe its just me, but I think the second part fell a little short. Didn't seem to be as funny as the first part to me.