South Carolina Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Dragonwolf, Jul 9, 2003.

1. joncbenn

joncbenn Groovy

Same thing happened to me when I got those two. The cashier asked me if I remembered the price, I told her $3.98. She just heard $.98. I corrected her, she thanked me for my honesty and sold the to me for $.98 anyway. She said it wasn't worth calling over a manager. I must say these guys are totally worth $.98.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ljacone

ljacone Decepticon Pretender

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Nice reward for being honest! I will try again tomorrow morning!

3. ljacone

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    So I tried to buy Fangry and Ptero at the Simpsonville Walmart last night, they were still ringing up as "See Associate For Help." The cashier first told me (quoting) "These musta fallen outta box." I said no, there was 12 of them racked up on a peg in toys. "You saw dem back where? In Toys? Naw, dey supposta be up dere wit the small stuff," indicating the middle section where the Magic: The Gathering cards and Pop! toys are located. I said, no, they were racked back in Toys with the rest of the Transformers. So she "called" for a CSR. And by "called" I of course mean shouted towards the Service desk, then stood there motionless for (I checked my watch) a minimum of 30 seconds.

When it became obvious that no one was answering, she started shouting to other random employees, who either ignored her or said they couldn't help her. She then stood motionless for another 30 seconds. I offered to let the guys behind me with a single bag of dog food to go ahead, so she rang them up and they paid. This is followed by staring at the Service Desk for another 30-45 seconds.

The next woman in line says "Can't you call the Service Desk?" This begins a tirade of gibberish about how they are not allowed to have their phones while at the register and she'd get fired for having a phone, etc. The woman then points to the courtesy phone mounted above the cash register, "There's a phone right there." The cashier responds "Naw, dat phone don' work 'cept for callin' Corporate." The woman turns to me and apologizes, I say " Don't apologize, its not your fault."

Another 30 seconds of staring at the Service Desk and I have had enough, picking up Fangry and Ptero and saying "Look, I'll go put them back on their pegs." She responds that I should take them to the Service Desk and let them ring them up, I respond with "Uh huh, thanks" and walk away. I put them back on the pegs where they still sit, with no price in the system for them.

FWIW the Walmart on Woodruff Road also has a full case of wave 3 Titan Masters, but they are similarly not priced in the system. Instead of dealing with this nonsense, I am taking this as a sign from above that I was not meant to buy these toys and to let them be.

Good hunting!

4. Radio Joe

Radio Joe Well-Known Member

Slim Pickens lately.

Ross Simpsonville has one Optimus Primal if anyone actually wants him.

Spartanburg Ross had 8 of them

TRU spartanburg has 2 Fort max and 8 MP bumblebees.

Walmart Laurens is overrun with astrotrain and alpha Trions

Walmart Pelham had 2 Gnaw, 2 bumblebees. I bought both Gnaw -sorry guys but they are SOOOOO awesome! they are going to battle my MP GRimlock ;-)
    They also had the target masters with the same issue as everywhere else- Scan them and they say "See Associate".

Didnt check any other locations. Hoping to find a kickback somewhere.

5. ljacone

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Joe, head to Walmart on Woodruff -- they had Kickback as of this morning.

They also had Bumblebee (2x) and Gnaw (2x). Additionally they have the Wave 3 Titan Masters, but they are still unpriced in the system so YMMV in being able to buy them. Same goes for the new PRID Legions (Starscream, Springload, plus Grimlock and Prime). They also had the Combiner Force Crash Combiner sets, but they run up in the system.

Walmart Simpsonville also had the Titan Masters (still unpriced), a Balster, Alpha Trion and Astrotrain, plus Deluxes (that wave that mixes waves 1 and 2).

6. joncbenn

joncbenn Groovy

Last night at the Anderson Wally World they had 2 full pegs of wave 3 legends. I picked up a kick back and another gnaw. They also had just a shit load of the revision wave 2 out.

7. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    Anything new around anywhere? I havent found the voyager megs or optimus around yet.

8. ljacone

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Other than the Wave 3 Titan Masters and the PRID Crash Combiners, I have not seen anything new here in the Upstate.

9. Radio Joe

Nothing new for me either. Laurens Walmart just restocked a bunch on the last 2 waves of deluxes and that's it

10. ljacone

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    UPDATE...

Walmart in Simpsonville has Voyager Optimus Prime and Megatron as of this morning. Also has all of waves 1 and 2 of Titan Masters.

Walmart in Greenville (Woodruff Road) has Soundwave (My first time seeing him), but no OP or Megatron. Also has the Titan Masters.

Good hunting!

11. ljacone

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Target in Greenville (Woodruff Road, not sure there is another one frankly) had a full case of Wave 3 Legions as of yesterday: 3x Bumblebee, 3x Gnaw, 2x Kickback.

12. mb92

mb92 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wal Mart Tega Cay had 3 Voyager Megs and 2 Voyager OP

13. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    Found hot rod, twinferno, triggerhappy and Soundwave at the target in lexington today.

14. primeisboss

primeisboss Bearing the Matrix of Leadership

Has anyone seen voyager megatron or the varient chromedomes in Spartanburg?

15. Radio Joe

one voyager Megatron and one voyager Optimus at Laurens Walmart.

16. joncbenn

joncbenn Groovy

I saw two of those box sets everyone is going nuts over at tru in Anderson. Left them both since I have a rule about not double dipping on molds.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    Found sixshot at the walmart in west columbia, along with hot rod, triggerhappy, and twinferno. Sixshot is also at the walmart in orangeburg, but no new deluxes there.

18. CaptainMarkVell

CaptainMarkVell Infernus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey guys just moved to Charleston this past Friday by way of Charlottesville, VA. Glad to kick things off with a voyager Broadside sighting at the Citadel mall Target. There were two and I left the one with a bit of a beat up box.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ljacone

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Welcome to the Palmetto State! Good hunting!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Radio Joe

Saw TR Hotrod in Greenwood Walmart over the weekend.

• Like Like x 1