Sources for replacement parts

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DorkimusPrime, Nov 14, 2007.

1. DorkimusPrime

DorkimusPrime King of the Squirrels

I bought a few figs as fig-only, and for the most part that's sufficient. There are a couple, though, where fig-only means no hands. I'd like to get my hands (pun intended) on some replacement fists for Hoist, Inferno, and Grapple. Inferno is vintage, the other two are TRU reissues, if that matters, but I'd think vintage hands would fit reissues and vice versa. Less pressing but still of interest are replacement weapons for several of my TF's.

Wheeljack's Lab wants like $10 for a pair of hands for any of those three and that seems kinda pricy, especially for the reissues (but they advertise them as being genuine G1 parts, but whatever). Like I said, I don't care of they're vintage or reissue, though I'd definitely prefer genuine Has/Tak parts.

2. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    try fortmax.com they usually have pretty good prices. I've ordered from them once or twice and have been pleased with their service. :thumb 

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Search the Junkion for what you need. A few guys here sell G1 parts at pretty good prices.

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd set up a Favorites search on eBay and keep an eye out. Should find things for less than Wheeljack's Lab, but he might be reasonable if you have a lot of parts to buy all at once. Doing it piecemeal will cost you a lot on shipping.

Or if you're going to Botcon, wait until then and pay no shipping. Plenty of dealers specialize in parts, and there are a lot of room-to-room parts parties. That's the cheapest way to go. At Botcon 2007 I spent $100 on parts and added maybe $500 to my collection's value by completing my toys.

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Try transformerland.com

6. DorkimusPrime

DorkimusPrime King of the Squirrels

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll make a Junkion thread and check out the sites.

Right now I've got a Grapple using a KO Devastator hand and KO Devastator drill bit, and Inferno using the other KO Devastator hand and some weird missile thing that came with the same KO set. The hands are massive, so they look really dorky, but they're good enough for now. Hoist is in alt mode for now, so he doesn't look so dumb.