Sourcebooks

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Constructasaur, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Constructasaur

Constructasaur Well-Known Member

Iv heard idw are going to release g1 sourcebooks, are these going to be the same as the ones dreamwave released? are there any for gen2, the japenese transformers, armarda, energon, or universe? in the beast wars sourcebook, in has some of the botcon characters, will this be the case with the gen1 books?

2. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Someone else can probably speak better on this than I, but I believe they are just straight reprints of the DW TPBs. DW also printed sourcebooks for Armada (3 issues) that you can find on eBay or in your local comic shop for a pretty cheap price. (I think I bought mine for about $10 for the set a year ago.) The Ark II compendium is about the only thing close to a scourcebook for the Japanese illustrations, no real bios per se- just a short note here and there for characters.

There's always the character database on this site if you're looking for information on particular characters.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  3. Big Bot

Big Bot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are reprinting Dreamwave's MTMTE books in 2 volumes. Any news of G1 sourcebooks are just rumours.

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Yea, more TF books for me to find and get... I need something new, and TF-related, to read.

5. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

:confused: 
    The DW MTMTE books were G1. Unless you mean ones following the IDW G1 timeline, in which case yeah, what he said. Mr. Ryall has already stated that creating profiles for the current continuity would be too time-consuming and too restrictive to do in the near future.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I just hope we one day get sourcebooks for Energon and Cybertron. It'd be great if Simon Furman could have a hand in writing them, to allude to what would have happened in the rest of the Energon comic and what he had planned for the inevitable Cybertron follow on series.

I'd also like to see some Simon Furman penned G2 books which flesh out the G2 original characters and fill in where the rest of the G2 story might have gone, and a special covering the rest of the late G1 guys like Turbomaster, Thunderclash, Pyro and the rest would be really awesome too.

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Ditto.