Source of the Webbing In Crossfire *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by LCDR Blindside, Apr 3, 2012.

1. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Alright, it's time we straightened something out, and it involves placing proper blame for Breakdown's death.
    The webbing which ensnared Breakdown was not from Air, we know that much. Many have postulated that it was the Insecticon doing its duty, which I might be inclined to believe if not for the following scene.
    Mech. Ensnared. Breakdown. I don't know how they got that webbing, but they did, and Breakdown is dead because of them.
    Depending on how you look at it.

2. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    So Airachnid baiting Breakdown is totally impossible, despite being something she'd totally do? MECH not only has webs of it's own, but lays them all over some random forest and the only one to be tripped just so happens one to be in front of a seemingly prone Airacnid?
    Just because one very vague line of dialogue?

3. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Mech has been known to follow Transformers. As for Airachnid, her face was completely surprised. I know it might be feigned, but she was genuinely freaked and losing energon. And I, above all else, see no way for her to make a web trap like that.

4. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    So Airachnid leaves a trail of Energon, only to come back to Breakdown's spot and hide on the tree, only to go back again and be injured in the exact same spot where the energon happened to end, only to have it ironically be the one spot where MECH randomly placed a trap with webbing technology they had with no explanation?

Makes sense.

5. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Mech's "Maneuvers" were just scouting parties hoping to find Starscream or another bot, or heck, just scouting period.

I personally think it was either her manipulating the webbing some how, or it was the Insecticon, as she doesn't seem too surprised of it's existence here.

Eitherway, Breakdown sure has to give a "HAND" to whoever set that up

6. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I was thinking rifles with webbing loaded into them. MECH stalks their prey. Example: Operation: Breakdown.

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh you.

8. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I think MECH just faked a signal to attract a Cybertronian, so they could steal another T-Cog. The web was all Airachnid.

9. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    "Yielded results" seems to imply cause.

10. aimop95

aimop95 Aimoperative

I think we should take this on face value.

Mech's so called maneuvers, was nothing more than a scouting party attracted to energon spillage (since they have energon detectors now thanks to screamer).

all actions (including shadowy airachnid leaping behind breakdown) was probably airachnid baiting then setting a trap.

11. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I'm hard-pressed to accept the literal meaning of the sentence as "Our scouting party looking around has yielded the result of finding a dead body."

12. Sockie

Sockie Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    What do you find so wrong with that? Makes perfect sense to me. =/

13. aimop95

aimop95 Aimoperative

They detected an energon source? They do have a means of finding energon. Perhaps it was an "investigative party". I seriously doubt they actually set a trap with webbing like airachnid's webs. To much unexplained.

using that logic, i could say the thing on starscream's hip was a t-cog.

14. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    Interesting theory, but I'm pretty sure it was Airachnid's doing. I mean, she has set traps before, hasn't she?

15. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Having said this out loud has me swayed. The sentence makes a lot more sense on the page than it did in my head.

16. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can't be serious.

Airachnid baited Breakdown from the time they set foot on the ground. She knew Megatron had made his move--though I think she orchestrated the whole affair, as she knew it was only a matter of time before Megatron did so on his own, so she forced his hand, making the incident happen on her own time.

Anyway, she goaded Breakdown into being stupid, and it worked. With him occupied with the webbing on his one good eye and hand, she was free to focus on Dredwing. The rest should be pretty self explanatory, IMHO.

The pools of blood conveniently placed in the ravine weren't by accident, Arachind playing as though she was a defenseless and injured female Cybertronian was an act, that surge of energy to pounce on Breakdown when he sprung her trap didn't come from nowhere, she planned the whole thing.

Give Airachnid the credit due her. She's f'ing scary, and those who cross her need to take notice. She's a masterful huntress, and there's no game too big for her.

17. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Non-self-effacingly, I do believe you. I think Airachnid fooled me with her game.

18. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    What, like spider man and his mechanical launchers?

19. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I think you are high as a kite. MECH came upon them by chance.

It wouldn't be "unexpected results" if MECH had set a trap. Also, they were on maneuvers, not a mission.

20. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Airachnid set the trap. Plain and simple. There is no evidence suggesting otherwise besides a very vague line of dialogue that insinuates nothing other then a simple scouting mission. Don't look to deeply into what was for all intents and purpose a poorly written episode.