Soundwave's Purpose/

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Toxicon, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    What do you think Soundwave will do in the movie? At this point we're aware that he gains control of Earth's communications at some point in the movie. Do you think he'll do anything after that? Come to Earth perhaps? Post your thoughts.

2. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I hope he does more than orbit.

Much more.

He's probably going to have one intense scene with him as the solo bad guy the good guys need to fight, and then he'll either be killed then, run away like a wimp, or show up alongside his Decepticon friends in the final battle.

3. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    This about covers it for me

4. the man

the man I iz a Roadbuster fan

I hope he killz everyone and drinks his victems sparks.... but thats just me

5. comaface

comaface Crush, kill, destroy

If they keep some aspects of his G1 incarnation, then I assume he'll have something to do with Megatron; either avenging or resurrecting him, maybe.

If not, who knows. He could just be the Decepticons' communications guy, or he could have a fairly high-ranking role in their hierarchy. I could see him being a Con who survives for a third film, especially since they struggled so much to find a way to incorporate him into the movieverse.

6. rollout!

rollout! Prime's Little Helper...

Not to mention him being such a firm fan favourite!

I reckon your right though - the leaked script (which we all know now is fake) said something about Megs being resurected by Soundwave. Maybe they kept that bit in!

7. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    It seems quite obvious to me..

the colouring book says something along thelines of 'soundwave is hacking into the military sattelite, what will the decepticons do with all that information'?

that information will include the location of the bodies of megatron and the other dead decepticons.

8. rollout!

rollout! Prime's Little Helper...

Look, I'm not picking an argument, I'm not going to - purposely - upset anyone, but ITS A F#@$ING COLOURING BOOK!!!

Its aimed at kids, it wouldn't give away all the plot points! And remember all the books that came out b4 TF1? How true to the plot were they?

(sorry, haven't had my medication yet)

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Who knows what kind of early story info the colouring book people might have? They've got to have some idea what to do with the characters they draw. I doubt kids would be too happy if they got a book and it had the TFs all going to the funfair and then washing a donkey when they expected something at least vaguely like the movie they'd just seen.
    So basically Soundwave is doing what Frenzy did last time when trying to find the Allspark and Megatron.
    Well, some ideas are best repeated, I guess. Can't wait for when Soundwave gets his head cut off and he reformats into a mobile phone. :p 

10. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    This is how I hope it turns out.

11. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    In the "Alliance" comics, Soundwave seems to have a pretty senior role in the Decepticon hierarchy. He dispatches protoform soldiers to Earth and orders Starscream to report to him on Mars. Based on that, I hope his role is substantial in RotF. The debarcle that was Starscream's reign has left the Decepticons in need of a more competent leader -- maybe Soundwave's angling for the job.