Soundwave's loyalty

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DaggersRage, Feb 5, 2007.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

The big blue spy has been my favorite Transformer, because he was the most "professional" of the Decpticons and that he's a loyal dude.

Just wanted to know if there might've been any reason why he holds so much loyalty to Megatron or is it perhaps that he actually does plan his own conspiracey against Megatron that's not as overt as Starscream.

I know Soundwave is a blackmailing bastard :) 

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    I think he is just kind of dumb and can't act without taking an order.

3. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Hrmm... I've always thought of Soundwave more as a glorified pre-programmed drone (similar to Omega Supreme) than a TF with any sort of unique personality or thought process since he just kind of stands there waiting to say "Yes, Megatron" anytime he's addressed to do something. I don't think he's as much loyal as he is programmed to follow whoever happens to be in charge.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I've always personally seen Soundwave as being a TF that is biding his time for the right moment to overthrow Megatron. He also acts so loyal to get on Megatron's good side, so that he can find the best way to overthrow him. Peace out.

5. DaggersRage

Well that'd pretty cool actually :D  Make the giant robot even more of a robot!

6. SoundwaveMajor

SoundwaveMajor DarkWarLord of Insanity

Soundwave is pretty loyal to Megatron and thats all.
    In the movie he was one of the first to step up and take Megs place.
    He has alot of dislike for the others.

7. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Where's the comic fans here?

Soundwave was always a schemer. He was just a very, VERY subtle schemer. Whereas Starscream was out in the open, decrying Megatron's every hangnail as the downfall of the Decepticons, Soundwave appeared loyal on the surface, giving no outward signs of disloyalty, while he worked towards "guiding" Megatron through his information towards his own goals, and ultimately, laying the groundwork for a betrayal that just never quite shaped up to happen properly before Megatron was "gone" through other means.

Soundwave was smarter that Shockwave or Starscream. Shockwave was brilliant, but somewhat overt in the comics. Starscream was, as he said himself, stupid, and a loudmouth that couldn't back it up to boot. Soundwave was intelligent, patient, and defiant without tipping anyone off. Given enough time, he could have been the Decepticon leader. As it was, he left himself in position to at least help shape the direction of the Decepticons by remaining "loyal" and not giving Megatron reason to distrust him or his advice.

That is why Soundwave is the ultimate badass. Subtle betrayal for the ultimate win.

8. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

That makes sense, And personally, I don't think Shockwave really wanted to be in charge, just run his own show. The Spotlight comic seems to reflect that.

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Didnt Soundwave + Hun-Grr take over the Decepticons following Shockwaves death at the hands of Deaths Head, and Scourge + Cyclonus' dissapearence?

10. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I agree with what most others say about his subtle scheming capabilities but I also think Soundwave was completely loyal to Megatron, the closest thing Megs had to a friend. Soundwave believed in his cause and expected to be his eventual sucessor. He respected Megs too much to ever stage a coupe. If Megatron ever fell, Soundwave would bide his time, playing Starscream and Shockwave off each other until he was the only one standing. Normally, the communications officer is such an overlooked rank in the sci-fi chain of command, but Soundwave uses his position masterfully to become the hidden power "behind the throne" if you will. He is perhaps the most dangerous Decepticon of all and I love the character for it.

11. DaggersRage

Soundwave controls the Decpticons information, in the espionage world information is the weapon.

Yeah, hes a badass spy :D 

12. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Soundwave solo, with Hun-Grr as a sort of aide de comp.
    He managed two stories, Space Priates (where he's outwitted by the Quints and admits that he desires peace) and Time War (where he builds a MEgatron style death machine and actually listens to his soldiers and gives them what they want).

13. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Soundwave was always the schemeing type, but I think he knew his place. He trained/ developed his leader skills by taking notes on Megatron to use if Megatron ever died. That's what he did in the Movie. Think of Soundwave as a back-up program, where after the first program fails he steps up to the plate. My opinion on it.

14. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

What I find odd is that Soundwave saved Megatron from being shot by Starscream in MTMTE, yet leaves him for dead in the movie. He didn't need a command to alert him in MTMTE. Yet he is commanded to pick up Megatron after getting knocked on his ass in the movie, however he lets Megatron get thrown out by Starscream. Perhaps he's just an opportunist who follows Megatron when it's to his benefit. He might have needed Megatron's leadership while they were stranded on Earth, but in the movie they were winning the war; Megatron had layed the groundwork for any Decepticon to take the throne as long as they were lucky.

15. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I kind of like to think that Soundwave is not so much directly loyal to Megatron, but is actually loyal to the Decepticon cause. My theory is that he would give his loyalty to whichever candidate for leader proved to be the best one to lead the Decepticons to success. Megatron clearly has a track record for this success, since he managed to all but drive the Autobots off the planet and take it over. By contrast, Starscream's plans were always hasty and poorly plotted.

16. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

I am a Loyal Decepticon and am not a Scheming one...... My Cassettes and I serve Megatron with our lives.

[​IMG]

17. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I tend to think that Soundwave was satisfied with his position. Being number two/three means that people aren't gunning for you as often. You get the power and prestige without as much danger.

18. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

IMO, Soundwave = cold calculating soldier, loyal to the death.

19. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

Personally, I like the idea of a few loyal decepticons. Gets tiring when everyone's a traitor.

20. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

I would also say that he is loyal to the decepticon/destron cause. He saved Megatron in the movie when Starscream wanted to leave him behind. In the third season he was loyal to Galvatron. In Headmasters he loyally served Galvatron/ Scorponook. He showed loyalty to whomever was the leader.