Soundwave's future?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Torque, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    so what does Soundwave's future hold? i mean, he's alive, obviously, but what will happen in future seasons? could he possibly show up more? cause i vaguely remember reading something around Botcon that he would play a bigger part-think he could be a major character in season 3? esp. if he had Laserbeak.

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Well, if the CN green lights a 3rd season (which I doubt because they like to can most of the more popular shows, god knows why....) they did say he would be a major player. I would love to see other cassettecons shown, like Ravage and Ratbat, and see their iterpretations.

3. Teletran1

Teletran1 Well-Known Member

That would be sweet, you could have ravage be a synthesizer and ratbat be a drum set, :D 

But I think CN will greenlight it, and if they do, Im sure we'll be seeing a lot more of Soundwave, especially since he has a huge fan base, myself included.

4. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Season 3 has been greenlighted months ago.

5. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    buzzsaw=bass guitar
    rumble/frenzy=drum set
    ratbat=amplifier
    ravage=? stage maybe

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I hope season 3 will have more of him. While I enjoy Animated it's been a bit annoying that he's been AWOL since he showed up one time. They gave us something really cool only to snatch it away when we don't have enough regular 'cons already.

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    my guess is Animated writers didnt expect him to be so popular-but not only was he awesome, he was a major threat to the Bots.

as for minions:
    Laserbeak-his epic ax
    Buzzsaw-Bass guitar (laserbeak retool)
    Frenzy/Rumble-Speakers
    Ratbat-Keyboard
    Ravage-turntables/soundboard

sell all the minions in one pack as a Deluxe pricepoint-BAM! Hasbro makes tons of money. also a Voyager Pricepoint w/Soundwave and all his minions would be awesome as well.

OR

if Hasbro really wanted to make alot, they could sell Ravage w/ Ratbat, Frenzy w/ Rumble, and Buzzsaw with a more detailed Laserbeak, all at ther own pricepoints. that could be cool too, id flip for either one

8. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was thinking that Soundwave's minions could all be guitars, just different versions and they could come in 2 packs like the G1 cassetes did(they should have done this for Cybertron also) I'd like to see how they bring back Soundwave & possibly intorduce Laserbeak in Season 3(I already have an idea)

9. newguy

newguy i

TFA will end up like G1 it will be the same stupid thing over and over again. No one will die. I wish SOundwave would die along with all the other bots and cons and have the series and toys end

10. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Soundwave will rise to power.

Until the return of glorious Megatron.

11. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

You DO know what happened when they killed off G1 chars, right? People complained.

12. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

um then whats the point of this post? honestly why post when you have nothing constructive to say

anyway i think he will come back and help megatron like the other cons do

13. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    i see his future on my toy shelf. or somewhere around my room. like the rest of my transformers xD im sorry. i couldnt resist. but anyway

i have a feeling that he will show up in season 3. come on now, who dosent like to see a fan favorite re-incarnated? :D !

-rikkuluverx2

14. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    something i noticed, after rewatching the episode-that wasnt the sewers, where Soundwave was taken down-its a subway tunnel. you can tell cause the tram lets her off inside where Soundwave was. there's also a track on the ground. it was assumed it was a sewer cause it was a tunnel, mostly cause Bulkhead tears through a sewer grate to get to Soundwave, but you see him drop through the tunnel ceiling-so its actually a subway tram tunnel. maybe he takes over one of the trains somehow-how do you think he will come back?

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I can't remember their exact words, but Hasbro said that he'd be getting more screen time and would be more important in season 3 if it got green lighted. As it has, it's basically guaranteed he'll come back. I think they also mentioned putting Laserbeak into the show too.

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I believe Soundwave has a future in car audio installation.

17. CH@OS!

CH@OS! Looking for my next job

I could see soundwave trying to take over the city aka robots rule and humans work for robots for part of the season, another part being the deceptions going crazy without a leader, and the rest of the season is Megatrons return.

With soundwave's control over robots and him building an army to take over the city with I could see him easily controlling Weck-gar's weak mind for an episode, as well as making deals with Swindle, & Lockdown.

As for the Autbots they have to help sumdac get his company back, explain what sari is, and deal with the fact that they (spoiler)

Just lost there ship. (end spoiler)

But no matter what happens I’ll be watching it either way. The show ROCKS!

CH@OS!

18. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

On that note, somebody needs to make his car mode speakers. His vehicle mode looked even cooler with them.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Season three is green lighted. It's in production. They stated he would be a "major player". I'm guessing this mean's he'll be like Lugnut and Blitzwing. Looks like Soundwave could reclaim his rightful place at Megatron's side.

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    *icy stare*