1. jonnyshaft

jonnyshaft Well-Known Member

He reminds me of the ghost of Christmans Future, in that he expresses himself with ominous getstures and pointing. Just an observation.

2. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I was thinking this EXACT SAME THOUGHT the other day. Almost exactly word for word, and for the same reasoning. I sort of like that about him.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    He needs a hooded cloak. Or at least a hoodie.

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I would enjoy a Christmas Episode with Ratchet being trapped by on Shadowzone while being haunted by the Three 'Cons of Christmas.

'Con of Christmas Past is Knock Out.
    'Con of Present Christimas is Breakdown.
    And Soundwave is the Ghost of the Christimas Yet to Come.

Aaa, the possibilities.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

LOL, good observation. Now I'm tempted, come Christmas time, to write some cracky TF: Prime fanfic with Soundwave being the Ghost of Christmas future.

6. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    The other day, me and my girl were watching "Sick Mind", and when
    Soundwave points to the cable that was plugged into Megatron via Arcee/'Bee
    , she says "Soundwave's creepy in this show". So I guess the creators really pulled it off well.

That said, I really like the character and how "srs bsns" he is.

7. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Soundwave makes not speaking mysterious and cool in a way that Bumblebee doesn't. :D 

8. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I've always had that idea in the back of my head, and its kinda scary that you brought this up the day after I watched "Muppet Christmas Carol". The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come has always creeped me the Hell out, so it'd DEFINETLY work.

I can imagine Ratchet being haunted by:

Raf the Ghost of Christmas Past
    Bulkhead the Ghost of Christmas Present
    Starscream and Knock Out as Ignorance and Want (maybe Jack and Miko?)
    And of course Soundwave as the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come

9. Overlord Balder

And it would all be triggered by the death of his pal Kup Marley and his absolute refusal to pay his worker 'Bee Cradchet.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I really like what they're doing with Soundwave, however what I don't like is the fact that they've given him fuck-all to do, and made him at best, a nuisance to Starscream. He's never interacted with the Autobots so we have no idea what their opinion of him is.

Just, damn, make him do something. They had a great opportunity to show his scheming, beind-the-scenes efforts to revive Megatron, but all he did was stop Starscream from pulling the plug. Megatron was revived totally by chance and Autobot intervention. We don't even know what he's been doing all this time.

The concept behind this new Soundwave is aweosme, but the execution is lackluster.

11. Overlord Balder

To be fair, he's a hacker, Hackers don't go around much.

To be honest, what could Soundwave do when Megatron died? He was already keeping Starscream on the line along the episodes [like on "Masters and Students", where he sent his Deployer to spy Starscream].

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Then show him hacking at least. His scene in Darkness rising, how he fought the chidren indirectly before ominously staring them down and bolting? That was awesome. However as others have said nothing came of it.

Anything. this charatcer is so far a pretty blank slate, add somethign to him. Make him more than a hacker or show those non-violent skills at work more. He has literally done nothing when his protrayal suggests he should be.

And what has he done since?

Nothing. Oh, he pointed at Megatron. He should've been researching Dark Energon and it's effects, or maybe even he should've been the one to retrive the shard from the canyon where Megatron unleashed the zombies. (afterall he supposedly sees and hears all) Just give the guy something to do to.

13. Overlord Balder

He's been picking signals from everyone since Darkness Rising.
    In fact, in pretty much all episode he's shown to have picked up the signal of something.

What we know so far:
    - He is loyal to Megatron.
    - He doesn't trust Starscream.
    - He waits for the best opportunity to strike.
    - He is a schemer.
    - He is always watching, always plotting.
    - He is creepy.

He stopped SS from killing Wheeljack in Con Job, he created the whole Makeshift thing, picked up everyone's conversation [that seems odd out of context, doesn't it?], tracked the Energon Harvester location, retrieved said Energon Harvester and stopped Starscream from killing Megs twice [once with the whole pointing thing, then after Arcee left, pluging Megs back to life].

That would be cool too.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Picking up signals =/= hacking.

It's not a great sing when he can do just as easily what Ratchet, a medical officer can do with modified Earth computers.

Okay about three of those are basically the same thing. (really two things, he plots and observes)

That's more of a black mark than a support for your arguement. That cost them a huge tactical advantage.

What he should be doing:

Meaningful stuff. All that has been completley trivial. The harvester is no more, Makeshift was beaten by the real Wheeljack (and they still don't know where teh Autobot base is) and the picking up on conversations is totally contrived. He just sort of is listening in all of a sudden. It's never mentioned that this is what he always does. You could easliy replace him with a Vehicon at a computer for that. And as for Megatron, well, Starscream said it himself, it's not Soundwave who's stopping him, the Vehicons took a vote. He hasn't actually done anything by himself to actively revive Meagtron.

15. Overlord Balder

I meant "conversations", I mispoke.

Ratchet never picked up conversations.

Plots, Observers, waits for his best opportunity.
    That counts as three.

Wheeljack could be useful later, that's why Soundwave stopped Screamer of killing him.

You might be right on some points here, but you're exaggerating: Just because he never did something "OH MAW GOD THAT'S AWESOME" until now, it doesn't mean he is not pure and contrived awesomenes.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    A total of six whoping character traits. Granted that's not bad, but he still hasn't done much. Maybe if half of those charatcer triats were shown more than once.

Even though I love his faceless/voiclessness, this does require he do more to speak for him than the average talking/emotion character.

Useful in cutting back the amount of paychecks Starscream has to sign every month, yeah.

Actually, yeah it does.

You can't be awesome until you've done something awesome. Is the concept awesome? Oh hell yes, I look forward to him every ep. Has he done anything to live up to that? Not yet.

17. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Soundwave's character in TFP is an extremely interesting concept. It's just a shame he's hardly had any screen-time. :( 

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  18. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    wonder whats going to happen if they decide to put him in battle?

19. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, it would be interesting to finally see what he's like in the battlefield. Right now, though, we have absolutely no idea.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    This I'd like to see. Especially his fighting style.

I foresee two possible outcomes: 1. he's very efficient, barely moving but every blow/blast is strategically placed for maximum damage, befitting someone who only intervenes at the best possible moment. Or 2. he's incredibly lively and agile, contrasting his more subtle charatcer.

Either could work.