Soundwave wins USA poll

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Red Snarl, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Probably the same reason why in 2003-or-so Hasbro had a poll asking what character should be made into a 20th anniversary figure, when most people were 99.9% sure it would be Optimus Prime. They knew the results would be pretty obvious, but they have a way to show if their assumptions are off base, while also giving the impression that the fans have more control over the outcome than they really do.

2. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

I don't really care what robots they put in the movie or what they name them, but they better damn well put more characterization into them next time. You can change the designs all you want, but don't ask me to get excited about a robot that has one line of dialogue. With all the changes in appearance and minimal personality, it really doesn't make any difference who shows up in the live-action movies. Hell, Devastator already was in the first movie. They made him a tank.

This poll should have been "Which Transformers trademarked name would you most like to see used in the sequel?"

3. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    oh jeez. could they even attempt to cg a 6 transformer combiner like devestator. 3 is the magic number That's the point where it's a super gestault and not just a energon style powerlink....:eek:  In my opinion anyway it's more practical for hasbro to build three combining deluxe toys than six because doing that would mean sacrificeing a wave to constructicons.

As for soundwave. Yeah he needs to be a transforming bomber jet like in cybertron that bombs things with minions and in robot mode blasts things apart with sound cannons. That's what should modernize him and makes fit the movie style while retaining distinct soundwave qualities.

4. Jay

Jay Member

Poll needed more Jetfire love tbh...I want him to win.

Cmon, Jetfire vs Starscream would own all.

5. Galvatron397

Galvatron397 Official TFW Omni-Geek

*Would much rather see Soundwave vs Ironhide* :D 

6. Young Blaster

Young Blaster Member

I would like ALL of the transformers in the poll to appear in the movie and also as orignal as possible!

7. IamPRIMUS

IamPRIMUS God among mortals

After reading more posts it puts into perspective about Soundwave. If they gave him a movie design astetic but kept it close to his G1 self (without the "battle mode" thing and kept his face emotionless the way it should be), introduce mass-shifting, keep his cassette minions, and bring in Frank Welker to voice him, then it would be great to see him in the next film.

I'm not totally contradicting myself from my previous post, but it would be really awesome to see Jetfire (as like the Auroa) in the next one battling Starscream in midair fights. I'm still standing firm in my opinion about the Constructicons, but Hasbro wouldn't have to waist a whole wave of toys on them, just package them together (as Deluxes) and sell them for the price of a Leader Class.

8. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Excellent, Soundwave, Grimlock and the Constructicons are my picks for the sequels.

9. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Despite my apathy for Soundwave as a toy & character, I'm not at all surprised... SW has a big fan following.

Have to agree with Jay that Jetfire v. Starscream dogfight on the big screen would an awesome sight to behold!

10. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soundwave's cool and all, but I just can't see many of things that make him so popular being carried into live action.

Ehh, either way I'm looking forward to the first leaks about the sequel.

11. Rodimus 45

Rodimus 45 the prime protector

soundwave could work if they do mass shifting look at takara's music label soundwave its an mp3 player. Instead of tape why not memory card i think that would work

12. Godconvoy

Godconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm amazed it took that long for someone to same that.

13. rerunwatson99

rerunwatson99 Well-Known Member

There Is No Room For Soundwave!
    Blackout Did The Job, That's It!

Now If You Want, We Can Have Shockwave Appear....i Mean Why Have Him In The Game, Right?

He Could Be A Liason For Starscream Too...there Might Be A Mars Base Of Operations.

The Point Is, Where Does The Story Go From Here?
    I Mean, No One Is Looking For The Allspark Anymore!
    Cybertron Isn't In A Famine Of Any Kind.

Maybe There Can Be Something Else That Was Found. Something Just As Powerful As The Allspark, But Utilized Differently.

I Don't Know... Im Throwing A Lot Out There To Think About. But Soundwave Doesn't Seem Like He Would Fit In This Format Of Transformers...

I Think It Would Have To Be Something New For Soundwave!

14. bludgeon

bludgeon Well-Known Member

I'm up for seeing Soundwave on the big screen. Not as a tape player or something though. It was a shitty useless altmode in G1, it'll look even crappier in a film.

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Lame. Blackout is still Soundwave in my mind.

16. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Perhaps that last sliver of the Allspark OP recovered becomes the Matrix?

17. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

To this news, I say, "duh". Of course he was the final pick.

For those of you acting as though this means the one you voted for won't be in it... stop. Please.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I like Soundwave which is why I didn't vote for him in the poll because I really sort of dread what they might do to his robot mode. Might be cooler to just leave him in the comic books where he can be all blocky and mass shift rather than having to get too busy and be butt ugly just because Average Joe has no other way of telling who is who in the film.

19. Beemer

Beemer Coined "Sunbowner" TM (C) R

News Credits:
    They picked someone who won't LOOK like Soundwave and won't be a tape deck. Good job guys. If they do put "Soundwave" in the movie, there won't be anything to tell him apart.

At least with Devastator, when he merged you'd kinda be able to tell who he was.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Soundwave Sueprior,Indeed!