Soundwave will not be a truck.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by reave, May 3, 2009.

1. reave

reave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure if this has been fully revealed, or if it's just been speculation, but this little article seems to suggest that Soundwave will not reformat into a truck, or any vehicle for that matter.

'Transformers' return to make Earth their home - Los Angeles Times

2. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Yeah. The writers shot down the Truck thing a long time ago.

The popular speculation is that he will retain his Cybertronian form throughout the film rather than reformating to an earth vehicle.

This certainly lends more credibility to that theory.

3. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He's just going to be a satellite, and current rumors suggest he's going to have about 5 minutes of screentime before sacrificing his spark to revive Megatron.

4. reave

reave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My bad, I thought Orci had only said "no comment" to the truck rumor. Oh well, still an interesting, though short interview.

5. TranstechCat

Which is as unfortunate as it can possibly be. :redface2: 

6. reave

reave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Umm, that rumor sucks. They didn't put Soundwave in the first movie, because they couldn't do the character justice, and now he's going to get killed off? I hope the current rumors are wrong.

7. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Then why the heck are they hinting at him killing A LOT of Autobots?

8. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Which has me wondering if there's any reason to have a Voyager mold. I hope so.

9. TranstechCat

You and me both brother.

10. dorfsquest

dorfsquest Bing B-Bing Bing!

News Credits:
    Emphasis on RUMOR. I personally see no rhyme or reason for them to kill off a fan favorite after five minutes of screentime.

11. TranstechCat

:bay  <--- That's why...

12. netkid

News Credits:
    Having them kill of the most anticipated character to be seen in this sequel in the first 5 minutes would only further to cement my theory that Hollywood is FUCKING STUPID.

So they actually pull the character from the first film, and do him over so many times that you end up creating three more characters(Blackout, Frenzy, Barricade) only to finally give him to us in the next film as we wanted him and with his original VA to boot, and then totally fuck us over by taking him away after only 5 minutes.

I hope this isn't true. Oh God how I hope this isn't true. Otherwise it's so retarded, I could imagine the guys from South Park utilizing it to poke fun at Hollywood's tendency for taking our favorite things and shitting all over them.

13. TranstechCat

I thought Hollywood being generally stupid when it comes to adaptations was established scientific fact. :lol 

14. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I thought the exact same thing when I first heard that a 'con would sacrifice his spark to bring Megs back. I really hope it's not Soundwave that does this. What a waste of a fan favorite.

15. netkid

News Credits:
    Pssh! Facts schmacts!

After seeing what they did to Deadpool, it's above being fact, it's on par with universal laws.:lol 

16. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you still going on about that?

None of the rumors actually say Soundwave dies. Some say that Soundwave is at a place where a spark is given up, but nobody has said it's his unless they're believing your interpretation.

And current rumors actually say Soundwave IS NOT the one who gives up his spark, going off of what the "Dreamworks" rumormonger has stated.

17. TranstechCat

Given how plausable most of the rumors were, it's hard to tell which one of them to believe. The first one says "XYZ", a second says "Close, but it's actually x-y-z", and then the first comes back and says "No no no, I was right, that guy doesn't know what he's talking about"... so.

Either they're both wrong (which would be a shame as some of those ideas really were brilliant, like Soundwave downloading Alt. Modes to the incoming Protoforms on-the-fly) or one is right but we don't know which, OR both of them are at least partially right.

*shrugs*

I guess we'll know when the novelization comes out, cause you know that'll be a spoiler gold-mine.

18. kylash327

kylash327 TOOOOOOYS!

News Credits:
    i just love how with the first movie they were all "were gonna save soundwave so we can do him justice, we know hes a fan favorite" and now he seems like a throwaway.

19. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Think about it. Soundwave's role is fulfilled once he gives the Decepticons their alt. modes. He supposedly comes to Earth. Four Decepticons go to the bottom of the ocean. According to the "rumors," one willingly sacrifices his spark. It can't be the Constructicons. Also, we haven't seen or heard much about Soundwave. His only toy is the preview wave Deluxe. He doesn't get an Earth mode. He can't stay on Earth in Cybertronian mode.
    If these rumors are true, than by logical interpretation, Soundwave gives up his spark to bring Megatron back to life.

Are the rumors true? Who knows. They sound legit. I'm just seeing it as a possibility. Though I truly hope it isn't true because Soundwave has been my favorite Decepticon since G1.

20. netkid

News Credits:
    What about him attacking satellites like in the coloring book? Maybe that's what he does for the rest of the film?

Instead of disabling the human's communications from earth, now he can directly destroy their communicative means and even hack into them, gaining information and possibly even using them to unleash military weapons of massive devastation.

Oh wait, Simmons uses a military satellite to take out Devastator and the Sun Machine on top of the Pyramid, saving the day.

Forgot about that. Maybe Simmions is in a race with Soundwave up above to get control of that satellite.

What if Prime combines with Jetfire so they can fly into space and fight Soundwave there so he can't control the sattelite Simmions needs to destroy Devastator.

It'd be Prime/Jetfire buying Simmions time to activate it and mark it's target (Devastator), while Prime/Jetfire fight Soundwave up above in space, crashing on Mars and fighting each other, then hopping from planet to planet until they fight near the sun with Prime/Jetfire probably defeating Soundwave by shooting his ass into the sun.

*whew!*

^That would give him a much bigger role in the film.