Soundwave Voice actor?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by citoria, Jan 23, 2011.

1. citoria

citoria Lord Dragon Master

Stumbled across Jonathan Adam's Wikipedia page (I know these things aren't trust worthy), after hearing him voice Kang the Conqueror in Avengers. It list him as the voice of soundwave in TF:p rime.

Jonathan Adams (American actor) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If its been posted or proved false, then don't mind me and go about your business...

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Soundwave doesn't even speak in TF: Prime. In the 5 episodes we've seen so far, he only playbacks things he overheard; in one episode, he playbacked a part of Arcee's transmission, and in another episode, he playbacked Megatron's orders to stay put.

I don't know if they plan on making him actually talk in the new episodes come February or not.

3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    True dat, TC. He also played back Fowler's info about the Autobot home base..
    This is from the Wiki link the OP provided

Soundwave does not seem to be capable of speech in this series, instead recording archive audio from others and repeating it

But, if they do decide to have him speak, then maybe this guy will be the voice.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  4. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

They still need voice actors for things like grunting and other such action noises.

5. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    I would think most sound studios have tons of recordings..grunts, squawks, etc. they could use.. but I would like to think that Soundwave will talk as the series progresses..he should have his own voice, not just recordings of others, imho.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Perhaps Soundwave being silent is a tool in the writers bag of tricks.

We go episodes without Soundwave saying anything and you get kind of used to it or start to expect it. Then boom one day when they want a bit of a shocker they have him say something. A bit like Silent Bob or Darryl and Darryl of Larry, Darryl and Darryl saying something.

If he does have a voice it should be interesting to hear how they go with the voice.

7. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Aren't you guys forgetting two things?
    1. Never trust Wikipedia on that type of stuff

2. They have Frank Welker on board so if Soundwave talks , it will be either like his G1 self or RoTF self.

8. Liliwen

Liliwen Well-Known Member

If you can't trust Wikipedia, what about...
    Jonathan Adams (American Actor) Information, Jonathan Adams (American Actor) Reference Articles - FindTarget Reference

I've never actually heard of that site before, so I don't know if that one can be trusted either.

Review: Transformers Prime: "Darkness Rising" - Cosmic Book News

This site mentions it too, but I think the author might be mistaking Arcee's playback for Soundwave's voice, and perhaps even taking Soundwave's voice actor info from Wikipedia.

Not unless they want to take him in a new direction. If he ever speaks who knows what he'll sound like or who'll voice him.

9. citoria

citoria Lord Dragon Master

I am aware he hasn't spoken thus far, but it is an interesting thing to stumble across. It is not like this is a well known voice actor, but to have something like soundwave seems interesting to me.

10. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    He'll more then likely speak later on. Frank Welker will probably be the first choice, since he's already on board as Megatron.

But the fact that Soundwave is silent makes a heckuva lot scarier. I mean, how scary was the Alien, since he had no true face, no eyes - you didn't know if he was looking at you or not, and since the Alien didn't talk, it just made it scarier with the fact it was more of a primeval animal coming for you on the Nostromo.

Initially I was dissapointed Soundwave doesn't really speak, but he works just fine without it. He'll just speak later on, no doubt, when he gets the big event the writers are clearly setting him up for.

11. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I've said it elsewhere, but a Soundwave who simply plays back your own conversation to you, maybe edited creepily is far more effective then one who speaks, even with that great clipped voice Welker gave him years ago.

12. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I agree.

If Soundwave were to ever talk, it would have to be a significant reveal. Like he's hiding something.

13. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

That said, it could be something awesome ...

Starscream: What's that Soundwave? Lost for words? Nothing to say?
    Soundwave: Starscream inferior. Soundwave superior (cue Soundwave slapping the ever beating spark out of Screamer)

14. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
  15. GBglide

GBglide Furst Fanatic

Not necesarilly, Susan Blu is the voice director but you don't see her doing Arcee's voice.

16. FMA1987

FMA1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i cant see them not using frank welker if soundwave speaks if they didnt i would be highly pissed. Frank to me is the only soundwave. He even did it in the movie.

17. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they're going for a snake eyes likeness imo that he's ninja like and doesn't soeak, he has been quite imposing so far and feels a cross between snake eyes and Predator

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Frank Welker will voice him someday.

I hope.

19. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Yes. That would actually be the perfect way to reveal Soundwave's voice.

Actually she is not. Sue had to leave the project. If I recall right, it had something to do with a family member passing away.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Ugh, I hope not. I've grown tired of fanservice being a character's defining charatceristic. "Soundwave superior" is my least favourite of them all.

Also the notion of this Soundwave beating up Starscream is dumb. That'd put all the quite and reserved elements of his character he's expressed so far to waste if he's just going to be another dumb brute.