Soundwave Third in Command

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I usually see Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave in a group. If Megatron is the leader, Starscream is second in command, does that make Soundwave third in command?

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I've never seen Starscream as second in command. He takes command when Megatron isn't around, but I think Soundwave is Megatron's 2IC. Soundwave just isn't interested in leading.

3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Look at MushroomPrime's Don't ask me where I got this topic on transformers movie and you will see what I mean by Soundwave leader.

4. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

If you're talking about the Movie, you're probably in the wrong forum. I kinda assumed you meant G1.

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think it was the episode "Prime Problem" in G1 where Megatron says that Starscream is the 2nd in command. Well that is just one time he says it anyway I believe, he may have mentioned it other times.

6. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

I always liked thinking Soundwave was third in the command structure.

7. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

What about in the animated movie, when Soundwave said "Soundwave superior, Contructicons inferior"?

Sounds like he wasn't adverse to leading.

8. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    List goes Megatron, Shockwave, Starscream and Soundwave....but i really believe that it is Megatron, Shockwave, Soundwave and then Starscream. or maybe it was Megatron, Shockwave, Rumble and Lazerbeak

9. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

This.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Realistically, Megatron would not have a designated second but a series of lieutenants he trusted. Shockwave to command Cybertron, Starscream as Air Commander, and Soundwave as spymaster.

In terms of what we actually got, though, I'd say it is what Soundwave 84 and Johnator said. Though consider this also - neither Shockwave nor Soundwave ever stopped Starscream taking the lead stating they were the next in the chain of command, and both were bossed around by Starscream on odd occasions.

Though chances are they knew Megatron would be back and give Starscream what was coming to him.

11. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    When Megatron not around I am in command = "Search for alpha Trion episode".

Soundwave is great but I dont see him as much of the leader type unless it his leading his cassette army. For me Starscream is and always will be Second in command. If the decpeticons are sent to a mission and starscream is around then he will command and lead the groupe. This is the rule and that is how it will be.

Now if soundwave were to opose the leader ...the Q is then are his cassette so loyal that they would join SOundwave in a overthrowing Megatron/Galvatron attempt, ?

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You mean FOURTH in command.

Ratbat beats Megatron.

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    This is how I always saw it. If there was any real 2nd in command chosen I'd think Megs would pick Shockwave, then Soundwave as third. Starscream was always the one just throwing up his hand screaming that he was the leader whenever Megs went missing.

14. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

If you go by DW continuity, then it was Shockwave during the War Within and up until the Great Shutdown.

As there is no official line of secession beyond that, I have noticed that Soundwave tended to be the favored lieutenant of Shockwave on two occasions (War Within Dark Ages/Age of Wrath, and in the G1 Vol II mini), and then under Starscream (G1 ongoing 1-9).

Starscream would generally just assume command the moment Megatron disappeared, or failing that, start his own smaller faction that would often be in dispute with not only the Autobots, but the Decepticons proper, and Ratbat's Ultracons. (Starscream's faction was named the Predacons; whether this was in tribute to the Predacon warlords led by Razorclaw, or coined by Starscream is unknown).

15. Sideways

Sideways Banned

Megatron's like the Dad.
    Screamer's the annoying stepchild who Dad beats the shit out of.
    Soundwave just watches and listens.

16. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

the reason starscream leads in battle is because his role is a basically a military general, he leads the troops in battle which is why he feels hes the best one to replace megatron.

think of how we do it in the US, we have the president (megatron) and then the vice president (shockwave), then we have secretary of defense (soundwave) and military generals (starscream) they all have thier own rank in replacing the president and Im sure the decepticons see it the same way even though they might not all agree in the order of replacement

• Like Like x 1
  17. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

1. For the most part Yes, Starscream is second in command ......
    -Look at who finally became leader(for a moment) after the brawl on Astrotrain in the movie
    -Look at howmany times Megatron told Starscream to lead an attack
    -Look at the few times in season 1 where when Megatron was down, the others followed Starscream

2.Shockwave just seems like he could've been second in command but in actuallity he isn't...it just appeared like it cause he was left with a big task on controlling Cybertron , and thoughout the 4 million years he did become a leader of his own sub-army of sentinels.... but after Megatron was revived that was no longer the case ...and from Shockwave's perspective he believes he's second in command because of watching over Cybertron, and for being very loyal to Megatron.....in addition Shockwave saw how Megatron hated Starscream in many ways, and therefore he assumed that he was at a higher rank...But for the most part Starscream was still Megatron's Second.

As for Soundwave, Yes he's the Third in command, but most of the other Decepticons in a way didn't care for him because of his personality ..... but then ofcourse Soundwave showed his leadership at times when he would make attacks with just Him and the Cassettes..... and Not to mention Soundwave is the most loyal decepticon to Megatron.... the only reason Starscream out ranks Soundwave is because of his Strategic planning of attacks and hatred for the Autobots .

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Here's how I see it:

Megatron= Leader

Starscream= 2nd in Command

Soundwave= Leader's Personal Adviser/Aid

Basically I think Soundwave is similar to the personal doctor that was close to Hitler (can't honestly remember the guys name atm). I remember watching a special on the History channel where they were talking about the people closest to Hitler, and when I was watching the part about his personal doctor it kind of reminded me of how I've always interpreted the relation between Megatron and Soundwave.

19. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Personal opinion...

If Megatron had a choice, Soundwave would be his First Officer, as he is the most loyal to him. Starscream just tends to assume leadership in the absence of Megs and Soundwave doesn't care. He knows Starscream's an idiot.

Shockwave, I wouldn't throw in this at all. He's the guy who watched the cat while the family left for vacation. He's not in charge, he got screwed.

20. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless you're going by the UK comics, in which leading the Decepticons was never far from his mind (and when he did get a chance, he did pretty darn well). He was just very clever at pretending he wasn't interested.

As opposed to the dull interpretation of the character from the cartoon..