Soundwave theory

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Cyber-Scream, May 24, 2012.

1. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was thinking about this the other day and was interested to hear yal's thoughts. I'm probably over-analyzing this, but I thought it was an interesting theory none the less.

Ya know how in an earlier episode (season 1 finale if I'm not mistaken) during the flashback scene Ratchet called Soundwave Megatron's "first lieutenant?". What makes no sense to me is: when was Soundwave demoted? After they leave for Earth, Starscream is Megatron's first lieutenant, and now Dreadwing. What if Soundwave was like Bumblebee at one point. Had a face, personality and could speak. After realizing Megatronus was abusing his power he attempts to betray him so Megs fucks him up and has Knock Out reformat him into Megatron's personal walking computer (which would mirror Megs fucking Bumblebee up and Ratchet failing to fully fix him). If all this were to be true (not saying it is), maybe when Knock Out is tired of putting up with Megs... reprograms Soundwave back to his normal state? Maybe the synthetic energon Knock Out has could play a role in this?

Another thing, Knock Out's comment in the latest episode: "we are fortunate to have him on our side", what exactly did he mean by that? And the fact that he seemed uneasy about having to fix his visor.

So yeah, I don't neccasrairly think this is fact, it's just an interesting theory I came up with.

2. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Probably just a writing error.

To me, it's pretty clear that Knock Out said that because Soundwave actually succeeded with his mission. And the visor bit is because Knock Out was still cosmetically disfigured while Megatron is forcing him to fix up good ol' Soundwave.

3. Cyber-Scream

News Credits:
    More like a missed opportunity. Ratchet is one of the oldest bots on the team. Anyone else would've classified him as the communications officer or something, which hints Soundwave was very possibly Megs' right hand man at some point.
    Agree with you 100%. I only mentioned that to add onto to the notion of if my theory were to be true.

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think he was ever called first lieutenant. IIRC Ratchet just said Soundwave was one of Megatron's highest supporters when the Decepticons were created.

5. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

Soundwave has always been Megatron's most loyal companion. If anything he wasnt demoted, he was promoted. Soundwave is almost like Batman of the Decepticons, he's outside of the chain of command other than Megatron. Think about it, when Starscream was second in command, he never dared to cross Soundwave. And when Airachnid tried to cross Soundwave, she was quickly put down.

6. Cyber-Scream

News Credits:
    You are correct. Watched the scene over again and it was chief, not lieutenant. My bad.

7. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    I do not think, that KnockOut is skilled enough for performing such operations.
    And SoundWave still remains Megatron's "right arm", or, even, vital organs.

8. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    KO comment in the latest episode: "we are fortunate to have him on our side"

kinda meant to me was that goodness he's on our side and not the enemy's.

It may also mean:

that SW may go against Megatron's future orders, because SW feels its the best thing to do at that time.

9. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

Interesting indeed. Not over-analyzed. I actually wouldn't be mad if this happened. I like this idea. It all fits into what we've seen so far.

10. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My assumption was always that Soundwave didn't want to be second-in-command because he knew that he would always have a bullseye on his back as there would always be those that covet his position while Megatron will always be worried that his second would desire to over throw him because Megatron would do it himself if he were in that place.

11. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

This. Soundwave isn´t second is command because he is too valuable and respected to become Megatron´s bitch.

12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Soundwave's way too loyal to be a backstabber.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Now you don't know that. Personally I like Soundwave having his own motives. Perhaps it ties with the Cybertron's version of brining Planet X back.

14. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^ KO mentioned, "what out for the quite ones", so it may happen in the future. ^^

Loyalty has boundaries too.