Soundwave question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by frenzyrumble, Jan 23, 2009.

1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I recently purchased a SW reissue TRU exclusive, but going back to the commissioner's email, noticed he requested SW have the "single door"

Upon opening the reissue, I can see this version has a "double door" or, holds 2 cassettes.

I am wondering if the door is interchangable, and if that would require a lot of modding, or just a simple swap of the doors.

If anyone has both nearby and can answer this, I'd be saved a lot of time...and possibly money.

2. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Why would it matter about the doors?

3. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

TRU soundwave reissue is based on the Soundblaster mold, so in theory, it's not really soundwave.

4. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    im sure the doors are interchangable but good luck getting it off there and replacing it cause that isnt an easy task putting one back in without it breaking

5. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Well, the original G1 SW has a flat chest like so:

[​IMG]

Upon further looking at the 2, side by side (yeah, found my G1 in a box) The reissue also has a different button set (the rewind, play, ff buttons)

Here's a pic of the reissue's chest:

[​IMG]

The chest sticks out in order to fit both Ravage and Lazerbeak in there.
    I made a quick switch by pulling out the double door and fitting in the G1 door I have here (mint condition door) Fits perfectly, however, I do need to get inside and install a spring mechanism...

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    there are vintage soundwaves with the exposed hinges. the one I obtained from a cousin in 86 was that way, which originally made me think it was a bootleg. they must be incredibly rare since some parts of the fandom STILL hold onto the belief that the TFC and encore reissue soundwave is based on the soundblaster mold (it's not, it's based on the above mentioned soundwave variant).

a door from one of these soundwaves would have worked perfectly, but been a whole lot of trouble to obtain.

EDIT: huh, the exposed hinge was actually exclusive to the original takara release. how the hell did my cousin manage to get one of those? www.geocities.com/futuristgroup/vdecep.html

7. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    as mentioned above, the TRU reissue is actually a soundblaster reissue, with the door made for two cassettes... so it sticks out a bit.. i kinda like it coz we get laserbeak AND ravage :D  but i have no idea if u can fit a G1 soundwave door in there, sorry

8. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Getting slightly off topic but it looks like I have another variation not listed there. I have a Hasbro-Tak with dates(inside), solid fists! I supplied the info but I dont know if that site is still maintained.