Soundwave options.

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Mar 29, 2012.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Thanks for moving to Prime forum.:thumbs2: 

I've been thinking a lot about Transformers: Prime Soundwave recently and I can't help but find they have huge wasted potential with him. I love this Soundwave because he's a giant bad ass when he does something interesting but at the same time hate him because he mainly stands around each episode or flashes the mcguffin of the weeks energy signature on his screen.

This led me to wonder, what else could they do with him? How could they make him a character each episode? So that's what this thread is about.

What could they do with this Soundwave so he seems more like a character?

I think for starter, they need to bring back the (seemingly) abandoned idea (as he hasn't done it since ep 6) of him using other peoples voices. That was creepy how he spoke with a voice that wasn't his and even had an electronic echo that made him sound empty inside. As if he wasn't there. Just some soleless body.

Soundwave also needs to spy more. Show his main skill in action more often. It would be interesting to see how someone that big could hide.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He was better during the beginningish parts of season 1 while Starscream was in control and even in the Darkness Rising episodes. That scene with him getting coordinates for the space bridge was marvelous.

3. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

He was more active in Season 1, back when he was the only other main Decepticon with Starscream, and thus was more inclined to go out and help Screamer. But as more major Decepticons arrived, he didn't do as much because these other guys were going out on missions.

Basically, Soundwave found an excuse to laze around at base; send one of them other guys to do important mission stuff.

4. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Completely agree with you, Soundwaverulls. Although I, personally, like how Soundwave is portrayed, I can't help but agree with you that we need to see him do more.

And even to elaborate upon your "recorded voice"-idea, I think I saw the following in a thread somewhere some time ago, but I can't find it, so the credit goes to whomever originally thought of it.

Soundwave is involved in battle, at one point he ends up pitted against Optimus. Optimus tries to fight Soundwave, but he's too quick. Meanwhile Soundwave plays various sound clips during the battle, pertaining to Orion Pax, Megatron, helping with Project Iacon and whatnot, just to toy with Optimus. Remind him that he helped the Decepticons. If Soundwave could smile at this torture, he would.

Or even using the same tactic, but in a battle against Arcee. Arcee tries to land hits on Soundwave, but he's too fast. He dodges everything she throws at him. All the while he's playing recorded dialogue from Arcee and Cliffjumper, taunting her with Cliffjumper's voice (whether it's dialogue we heard in the first episode or new lines recorded by Johnson). His visor lights up with the sound waves as Cliffjumper's voice resonates from Soundwave's very being.

Soundwave: "'Scream? Been a while." *cough *cough* "So, where's your master?"
    Arcee: "No!" *lunges at Soundwave, who easily dodges*
    Soundwave: "Do I ever need backup?"
    Arcee: "Stop it!" *fires rapidly at Soundwave who transforms and takes to the air*
    Soundwave: "I'll put a few dings in ya'!" *fires tracking missiles at Arcee, blowing her against the ground*
    Arcee: *she struggles to get up, severely wounded and dazed* *She sees a shadowy form in the smoke*
    Soundwave: *in Cliffjumper's voice* "Arcee, you and I? Partners forever, right?"
    Arcee: "Cliff?" *Soundwave fully emerges from the smoke* *Soundwave leans in close to Arcee, his face mere inches from hers*
    Soundwave: "Argghhh!" "Arghhhh!" *Soundwave proceeds to play the clip of Cliffjumper being stabbed. Over and over again. Arcee is too weak to do anything, so she is forced to sit there and watch and listen as Soundwave continues to play Cliffjumper's final moments repeatedly in front of her* *Soundwave walks away. He doesn't kill her, torturing her is enough for him.*

Soundwave, to me, has the potential to the most sick, cruel, sadistic trolling b@stard in the series. They just need to tap that potential. He can be the walking computer. He can be the sneaky spy. He can be the surprisingly BA, loyal-to-Megatron guy. But let's have a glimpse at his true nature.

5. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Holy mother of God. That's so awesome, I can't even begin to describe how awesome it is.

6. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    He is fully a character to me.

7. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    I thought we already decided that Soundwave was the real villain and Megatron was his puppet.

8. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    Mother of awesome this is brilliant! Now I will never get rid of the feeling of devastating disappointment if this doesn't happen in the show; gee thanks a lot Tyler ;) 

9. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

This must happen.

10. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't give up on Soundwave just yet, he's just laying low of a bit.

11. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

That feel when fans come up with plots and moments so good that you become disppointed with the real writers of the show.

12. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^ funny but sadly true ^^

13. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    :lol  I'm saving your sig to my computer right now before it gets removed for being so darn big!

14. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I want Soundwave to appear everywhere. Regardless of where an episode takes place, for at least a few frames Soundwave should be barely visible in the background. Generally somewhere way out of sight/focus that the viewer wouldnt look.

Action scene in an open area? Have a tiny drone visible crossing the sky for a fraction of a second. Scenes on the Nemesis? You'll see his fingers wrapped around a doorway for a half second. Indoor scene? What looks like a random cable laying on the floor way off in the background, pan away then back to see it gone.

Just do it to fuel fan conspiracies.

15. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

^^ That would be brilliant.

16. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Jeez...........Soundwave is SUCH a cruel afthole..:mad 

Poor Arcee. :(  Hope she get gets better from it eventully form the truama which is likely because she's been through tougher situations already. I kind of see what happens next.

(Optimus and the others find Arcee in afeeble potsition.)

Optimus: Arcee! :eek:  (Runs towards her and holds her.) Are you all right? did Soundwave?-

Arcee: (Weekly).......No......Hw did something much worse.....And I wasn't strong-(Barys herself in Optmus's chest with tears running down.)

Optimus: (Sympatheticly.) Easy there(Hugs her.) Let it all out, it was mearly mental warfare he pulled. A deed much worse then even Megatron has done. We're still here for you my daughter. Never forget that.

Arcee: (Weakly but relieved.) Thank you.........Optimus (Drifts into sleep.)

17. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

If you were a writer for the show, maybe people wouldn't nitpick as much.

......No she hasn't. What Tyler stated would be enough to traumatize her beyond recovery. If this show wants to take some serious risks, Soundwave MUST do this. If not, I will be very disappointed.

Oh way to kill the emotion dude. Oh and that's completely out of character for Optimus, just so you know.

18. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    The second I saw that post I was like "Kaiju in in 10, 9, 8..."
    But yeah, the idea of Soundwave turning into a sadistic stalker in the middle of season 2 is pointless. Clearly either Soundwave is turning less and less important to the writers, or they are saving him for something that will blow our mind...

19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:

I don't like the idea of her being like this for the rest of the show I just don't.

She's had enough trouble trying to move on. I know I sound like I don't want the show to take risk but if she remians like that for the rest of the run I don't think I can take it. Is that really wrong to not wanting that to happen to your favourite character?

I was mealry putting my idea of what may happen afterwards that's all.

20. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

In one of the commentaries on the DVD, the writers stated that Soundwave will have a MUCH bigger role in the second season. If you don't believe them then you can you believe?