Soundwave mp3 player

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by CainMarko, Jan 13, 2008.

1. CainMarko

CainMarko Active Member

I don't know that much about Transformers but I just about had a heart attack when I saw pics of the music label Soundwave. Can anyone tell me where's a good place to get one, what price range I should look for, anything else I need to buy with it, etc? Thanks

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I am invalid.

3. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

It won't take anything bigger than a 1GB mini SD card.
    The figure its self is a Japanese only product, so you will have to order it from an online store. I paid about $90 for it when it was first released, so it will be that much or more to buy.

You'll like it even more in person. ;) 

[​IMG]

4. BarBoBot

I own it, but have never used it as an MP3 player. I am fairly certain it is mini, not micro, and is restricted to 1MB or less.

5. CainMarko

CainMarko Active Member

Holy crap that was fast! Thanks guys. I looked around on eBay and the auctions generally say it needs a mini SD card. I assume that I just put mp3 files onto the card? Do the hands/weapons store in player mode or do they detach?

6. BarBoBot

There are 6 total hands that come with the figeure. A fist without a hole to hold the weapon for both sides, A hand with a hole to hold the gun for each side, and a fist with the pointer finger sticking out so that it looks like he is hitting his eject button for both sides. Some people have had problems getting the fists to fold into place proporly in MP3 mode, but I have had no problems. It is super articulate, and very sturdy. The weapons do not attach in his back like the original Soundwave, but it's still sweet.

7. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

The only set of hands I had any trouble with were the button pushing ones. They fit, but it's a bit snug. I recently tried to change up some of the songs in it and figured out it only plays MP3 format. I tried WMA and it didn't work.

8. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It only plays mp3's, and it takes Mini SD cards. While they say it only works with a 1GB it's said that larger size cards work just fine. IIRC bigbadtoystore.com reported the higher size compatibility. I'll have to test that when I get home.