Soundwave in the Third

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Since they said that Frank Welker will be Soundwave do you think they should put him in the Third Movie or do you think he will die in the second?

2. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Soundwave should survive through to TF3. He is too awesome-pleasing not to survive.

3. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

4. kenny86

kenny86 tapedeck

i think his role in ROTF will be small, probably not even coming to Earth, but there is hope he will play bigger role in third movie i hope. Still, hope my feelings about Soundwave in TF2 are wrong ;) 

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    He is supposed to come to Earth, just not land on the surface. I hope he sticks around. I don't think there's anyone who dislikes G1 Soundwave, and with F. Welker doing his voice, it shouldn't be hard to make him decent.

6. weeezl

weeezl Well-Known Member

Wow, I just posted in the F Welker Soundwave thread saying I don't think he will get much screen time until TF3. I have a feeling ROTF will just be a setup for Soundwave and in TF3 we will really get to see the character shine.

7. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I also think Soundwave's role in RotF will be minor; we've seen/heard almost nothing about Soundwave, and his only toy is a Deluxe in the Preview wave, not even mainline.
    IF Soundwave survives through RotF, hopefully he'll get a larger part in TF3 (and an Earth mode).

8. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

The eternal optimist within me says we should hope Bay is just holding back all Soundwave stuff because he knows how much the fans are anticipating him.

9. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bit disappointing if Soundwave doesn't do much in ROTF. Especially after the turmoil of actually fitting him into the live action movies and all the talk of "We had to get Soundwave in this film." etc.

But yeah we haven't heard or seen much of him at all. I won't jump the gun at this point but I shall wait and see with interest.

10. weeezl

weeezl Well-Known Member

The lack of info Soundwave related is possibly a sign he's not a central character in ROTF, the fact he's included is either a nod to the fans or just a set up for bigger and better things in TF3. Personally I would prefer him not to be a main character in ROTF if he's not portrayed properly, if for now he's merely a bit player is preferable to seeing him wasted. To not do justice to such an iconic character in the TF universe is sacrilege and if he's not done properly we will be the first to complain. Personally I'd rather see less Soundwave than a bad Soundwave.

11. PredaconX

PredaconX Decepticon Combiner

Since we have barely heard anything about Soundwave for ROTF im assuming he wont play a huge part. That does dissapoint IMO because hes one of my top 5 fav characters of all time. If Bay does give him a small role in ROTF im realllllyyyyyy hoping he doesnt die and will have a much larger role in TF3.

12. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know guys, I think he's going to have a decent role in the movie, and I honestly don't think he's gonna die either. And even if he does, I'd have to say expect him back for tf3. They already brought blackout back for this movie.. He could come back as soundblaster!

13. Scourgatron

Scourgatron What of it?

News Credits:
    Orci said he kind of does his own thing. Whatever that means.

14. Soundwaave

Soundwaave Banned

Soundwave is SICK!

He deserves to be in #2 and #3

You can tell im a fan lol :) 

15. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

Let's worry about ROTF first.

16. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    If Soundwave remains in Earth orbit for the majority of RotF, there's really very little that can threaten or damage him. As for doing his own thing, Alliance/Defiance show he was on the Nemesis with The Fallen. Perhaps he has The Fallen's ear too; The Fallen would need a new minion to either replace or assisst in the resurrection of Megatron.

17. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

Well according to Mr. Orci soundwave will being doing his own thing in this film. I believe he will be coordinating the decpticons from space via satelite alt mode. Therefore i feel he'll have to be a bigger part of the action in the third film. We'll see, i think orci and company have something quite creative in store for soundwave's character.

18. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Agreed. Even the Writer's wouldnt want to kill him off in his first Live Action debu.

19. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    Then again, his entire Movie counterpart is CGI...

20. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    Then again. Don't you think The Fallen would just move on and use someone else?
    Instead of going to all the trouble to revive Megtron just to... do whatever he want's to do :p