Minor/Repaint: SOUNDWAVE from Cap (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by SMOG, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    great idea here

2. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

I love this!!! I'm still in aww that it fits cassetes I mean thats amazing in itself. I can't wait for this mold to come out here, I needed one to do your gears idea and now i need another

3. ALPHAMAGNUS

ALPHAMAGNUS I identify as an amalgamated Firetruck/Semi Veteran

News Credits:
    yeah, thanx alot d00d. I went to get a caps today and the 6 they had were ALLLLL gone!

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Which one is that? The little mini-cassette concept?

I'm always at a loss for Soundwave. I have a nagging dislike for mass-shifting, so I need some kind of vehicle, but cars somehow seem too mundane. Helicopters and stealth jets aren't bad I guess... at least the Humvee is a military vehicle, though it really is the bot mode that sells the concept. :) 

Well, it's more like he's the latest part of a larger project that I've got on the burner... but I really like how the Thor mold is panning out... that's actually a project I plan on finishing before I show anything. :) 

I like the Torch mold quite a bit, except for the molded-in flame motif, and the big '4' on his chest. I just don't know who he "matches". An Aerialbot maybe?

Wolverine is a good figure too, though I find his arms are too long and gangly. I've been amassing quite a supply of Marvel heads too... but so far I've only found a use for Thor's.

Tell me about it! After a week in Manhattan, I only found ONE Cap Crossover by fluke. Since I've been back in Canada, all the local stores seem to have the new wave, except I haven't seen a single Cap yet. Either he's shortpacked, or there are just a LOT of people buying him!

zmog

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yes, that's the one. It fits his motiff and looks awesome in bot mode to boot. I once drew a concept of Soundwave turning into a Desktop PC, so he didn't have to mass-shift so much, but nothing came of it. He was a CRT monitor for the torso and head and arms, subwoofer and tower were the legs, and I forget what I did with the keyboard. The little speakers and the mouse became minions. would be a sweet concept, but would be a PITA to actually make one. I don't know what he could become that would be relevant at all to his espionage/spying nature, really, and still be practical (I don't think a satellite alt form is practical as it only fits in in space and doesn't aid him in anything really)

6. rk454

rk454 Active Member

Wow :drool: 

7. SMOG

Haha! PC Soundwave would be HUGE, unless you made him with doll furniture. :) 

I dunno... the satellite is actually a pretty good alt mode for a guy whose primary function is communications and electronic warfare, though it sort of limits his ability to take part in storylines.

Personally I always loved the satellite concept for Shockwave (a la Energon)... especially when equipped with a killer orbital laser. Just think... he's the Decepticons' top tactician, he can coordinate everything from space, and he can strike ground targets with impunity. It's the most logical position for him!

Plus it keeps him out of Megatron's reach. :) 

zmog

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree for Shockwave, but Just didn't think it was right for Soundwave. As you said, except to fight, he'd just sit in orbit and not participate whereas Shocky could still fire on targets. I guess Soundwave could turn into a drone jet or U2/SR-71 or something along those lines...

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Any chance I could borrow this idea? Seeing as how I have the head, mold, and extra Ravage?

10. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    This mod is reeking with WIN :bay 

11. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    If I can get ahold of Cap I now have a stock Uni Blaster head (Since Im getting a new Blaster head from Sculpt-bot) that I can use for a copy of your Soundwave. The magnitude of this piece of awesome that you have concocted is gonna make me broke.

(Dayum you SMOG you keep giving me Ideas! :lol )

And thor wouldn't be smaller Powerglide would he? I was looking at one and I just couldn't wrap my brain around how he would look at the time....

12. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Wow! That is one AWESOME Soundwave.

13. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Very good, that definitely works as Soundwave.

14. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    thats hot!

15. SMOG

Absolutely! Go for it! Knowing my operating speed, your version will be done before mine. :) 

(and then I'll plunder any good ideas you get along the way... bwahahahahaaaa...)

I do have a spare Thor tucked away to try that Powerglide thing, but no... this Thor project is a bit different and involves a new take on a G1 character. It's not revolutionary or anything... but I kind of want to finish the whole project before I tip my hand. :) 

zmog

16. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

How is the possibility on the Cap. figure? With the alt. transformation you've given him? I've been kinda' ignoring most of the crossovers because frankly I think most of them suck. :lol  but this looks great, amazing job. :thumb 

17. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Armada Megs is at least a Voyager.

Awesome custom.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That's a cool idea that works really well. If I'm ever able to get ahold of a Cap figure and a replacmenet head, I may do this, or at least something similar. I could then use the sheild for my Raven-XL7 kitbash (been looking for a sheild for him). Though I still hope that Hasbro makes a new Soundwave when Universe comes back. How's the possability with that alternate transformation you've come up with? It's nice that one of his cassette-bots can fit into his chest. Universe Ravage needs his leader, lol.

19. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    Awwww, now I have to buy two Captain Americas...

Looks great!

20. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Great idea, SMOG!

Can't wait to see it finished!