Minor/Repaint: SOUNDWAVE from Cap (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by SMOG, Mar 5, 2009.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

As I mentioned over in my GEARS-from-Cap thread, I had some alternate transformations for the Captain America mold that I wanted to try out. Here's another one... pending my finding another Crossovers Cap of course.

This mod just requires some kind of tab or post installed on the roof of the Humvee to help lock down his chest in robot mode (otherwise it would be really floppy). The rest of it would just be some repainting and minor touches... like maybe a radar/comm array on the roof, and some detailing for the chest to better recall the cassette door. Oh, and his fists need to be switched too. :) 

I like the way the boxy proportions work for Soundwave... he's a great size next to my in-progress IDW Megatron and Starscream. Oh... and as a bonus, there's a gap behind his chest area, which just happens to be the EXACT right size for a G1 cassette or two to tuck away. In the second picture, Buzzsaw is actually inside Soundwave. His chest opens from the bottom instead of the top to eject, but the concept still works well.

I did a digi-bash of tweaked colours too...

I suppose this same alternate transformation could yield a decent ROADBUSTER... hmmmm...

zmog

Attached Files:

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    It works exceedingly well! :thumbs2: Glad to see you have no shortage of great ideas! I wish i had more time to devote to my Uni. Soundwave!

3. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

cool idea, what size are the marvwl crossovers?, the pic makes him look the same size as armada megs, i thought he was only deluxe.

will the lazerbeak fit into his chest?

4. digitalworld40

digitalworld40 Well-Known Member

DANG! that is going to be sick! I can't wait to see the finished product. I may have to try to make this one as well.

5. SMOG

Marvel Crossovers are all bigger than Deluxes... many are close to the size of a Voyager. This Captain America mold is HUGE... probably the biggest Crossover, along with Hulk. This alternate transformation gives him a bit of added height as well, so he IS almost as tall as Armada Megs, even if he doesn't have the same bulk.

In the second pic, Buzzsaw IS inside Soundwave's chest cavity. You can see him if you look carefully. He's sticking out a little because I haven't locked the chest down yet, so it's tilting back a bit. He will fit completely inside... I think I could probably fit TWO cassettes actually, though I haven't tested it yet.

zmog

6. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

I like this a lot better than the regular Classics Soundwave. This is awesome.

7. SMOG

We have a regular Classics Soundwave??

Or do you mean the G1 reissue?

zmog

8. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Isn't there a Soundwave like the Universe Blaster? (looks around embarrassed) If there is not I definitely didn't mean that it was better than the G1 reissue. Anyway... I really like your bash.

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    the Universe Blaster is a repaint of CYBERTRON Soundwave ;) 

10. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Perfect Soundwave!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this bash, especially wiuth the Gold trim.

11. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    HOLY!!! THAT WORKS AMAZING WELL!
    gezzz man you seriously have some sick ideas on molds!
    i think i will defently have too do this for myslef ASAP!
    and turn him into somthing like Spurt's Soundwave :D 

12. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SMOG you sir are a genius.:bowdown: 

13. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Holy $/"@! This is intense!!! I freakin love it!!! it has that toon style aesthetics...i'm going crazy! Please tell me you are also doing Blaster 'cause cheap dollar store speakers/headphones would totally rock on this!

14. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I love this....very good eye :thumb 

15. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    That is an awesome idea!

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

This only acts as evidence to prove my theory that X-overs are actually a Radicons dream in disguise: They're simply unfinished kitbash fodder ripe for modification! I've already got three original TF's planned from some, including a Metal Gear based Decepticon from Cap. Hummerica with large chain guns. But Soundwave? Brilliant! *whips out beer*

17. SMOG

Thanks! Yeah, you're thinking of Cybertron Soundwave... which I thought was a decent "classics" styled Soundwave all told (though I would have preferred a more Earth-type stealth jet instead of the space jet mode).

I just thought you might mean the reissued G1 version because it was actually released under the "Classics" label at the time.

Hmmm... I was thinking I'd try to use a different mold for Blaster, preferably a civilian vehicle, but I suppose he could be one of those pimped Hummers with the crazy sound system. Good call! :) 

zmog

18. SMOG

I totally agree! The Crossovers are awesome for bashes! So far, I've got things in the works for Seekers from Iron Man, Soundwave AND Gears from Cap, an old fan-made character from Hulk, and... something in the works from Thor *evil laugh*. They're just really fun to work with!

Still not sure what to do with Wolverine and Torch, but I'm sure I'll come up with something. :D 

zmog

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, THOR's toy you have evil plans for? I gotta see that.

Torch is kinda hard to work with, but Wolvy is an awesome toy in is own right, and if it wasn't for the fact the actual concept for the Marvel X-overs and the head design sucks eggs I'd probably keep him the way it is.

20. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I think the robot mode is straight up awesome looking. I just really want to have a Classics Soundwave that isn't a car. If I could do anything I wanted, I'd make GUIGUI's awesome as all get-out concept drawing a reality.