soundwave doomed?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by funstorm, Jan 13, 2009.

1. funstorm

funstorm Doer of nothing

you all remember soundwave he was megatron's communication officer,he had a monotone voice,he was superior and the constructicon inferior?of course you remember you probbably remember him because he also had the best alt mode of the 80s he turned into a tape player and it was pure sweetness he would transform and inside he had his loyal cassetticons who turned into what the name sugests cassettes. but i ask you has this doomed him to never be a mucic device ever again? that was what made soundwave awesome and the whole tiny cassette robot was what made him so desireable too. but now there are no chances he'll ever be anything like that there have been really nice new molds for him but they only have some sort of sound motif. i think hasbro wouldnt want to make a new mold for the classics line (reissue doesnt count) because kids now wouldnt know what a tape player is ,those damn kids. sure he could be a cd player but then the cassetticons would be chunky ceedeecons? i would personally loved if they made a new soundwave that turned a cassette player because it would bring back memories to a lot of people, some people would bitch probbably because of the whole "but he couldnt be a spy anymore" dilemma but it would just be a toy people.(omg he did not just say that). i really wish they would bring it back and maybe the new generation could see what we liked about him so much and they would learn to love him too. so what do you guys think? would bringing him back be superior or will poor soundwave end up being the inferior one?

NOTE:titanium soundwave had so much potential but he sucked also the music label soundwave doesnt count since he is an mp3 player.

BTW i was not born in the 80s but i grew up and know about g1, so i can say "those damn kids" too

2. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Tony superior you guys are inferior.

3. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

They have brought him back ... in the animated series .

4. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No the should make a Beast Wars verison of the G1 Charather, or a new Charather for RID to be a repaint of BW Solar.

5. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    There is nothing that is modern which Soundwave could turn into and have minions that he can store. Nothing that would make sense anyways. SD memory cards are just too small to turn into Ravage and still have him look cool. I thought the earbud ML figures were something of a stretch.

6. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    i would love for sound wave to be brought back as a large chunky MP3 Player( that did not work) just like his cassette walkman days and then his casettes could be morphed into updated versions of large SD memory cards...

problem solved...damn those pesky kids...

7. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Can you imagine if they had a transforming boombox in the live action movie? It would ruin it. The sound playing devices should be left in the 80's.

I hope Bay never-ever resorts to making any robot turn into a stereo or anything.

8. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    HAHA...you obviously missed the Air force 1 scene when the air force stewardess carried frenzy in a cd boom box form down into the hold of the ship to get the president some ding dongs....

:bay  Bay already went there....:bay 

9. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i think he was being sarcastic...

10. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Doomed?!?!? he's been reincarnated so many times, its obvious he is one character that will always be around. Now reflector on the other hand...

11. roykop

roykop Cassetticon

News Credits:
    What about one of those military SUV's that were featured in "The Incredible Hulk" movie? Ya know, the ones with the sonic weapons on the roof.

It allows him to have a name that still makes sense.... it keeps the SUV/truck motif that some of us have come to accept is his most likely alt mode for the new movie... and a military truck can store all sorts of stuff in its various compartments.. like little sidekicks.

Sure, they wouldn't be tapes anymore, which kinda sucks, but at least its a little more feasible.

12. artoni

artoni Fangirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...sweetie? Could you do me a favor and break that up into paragraphs or something?

13. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are kids really that stupid now a days that they wouldn't know what a cassette player is? Sure they might not have one but there are still cassette players around. Even if they don't know what it is, a robot with a feature to launch smaller bots out of himself seems cool enough to be wanted.

BTW, if kids are too stupid to not know what a cassette player is and 'not want' the toy, how can Hasbro justify making a futuristic alt mode that nobody knows what it is. Shouldn't kids just stand there drooling, dumbfounded in not being able to understand what they are seeing & not want it.

Hope Hasbro has good lawyers. There is a bi-plane in the movie line. Kids should have absolutly no idea what that is. A propeller & not a jet??? Some kid is going to die from an stroke due to his confusion.

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think we've seen the last of Soundwave as a character, not by a longshot.

What his next incarnation will be, however, who knows?

15. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    *looks at Classics/Commemorative Series Soundwave*

Did that not get released? Yeah it was an exclusive, but Soundwave was released in a modern series as a cassette player. So no more complaints about him not being released as one anymore, k? Ooh, or Music Label Soundwave.

Anyways, Animated Soundwave is quite a nice update, IMO.

16. MEGAMAN X FAN

MEGAMAN X FAN Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    do you mean gorilla wave ? he doesn't really count but you can be sure they'l make a universe soundwave someday, just look at the ravage lazerbeak hybrid .by the way someone should ask hasbro about that ''brilliant design'''

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You guys are dicks! If it was REFLECTOR not getting the classic alt-mode you'd have no problems with it :( (

18. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Soundwave was a aircraft in the Cybertorn line with laserbeak if not misstaken ?

Soundwave does not need to be a tapeplayer but he should keep his atributes. Soundwave is first and former a spy, a info gatherer, the one who reveles the inner secrets of his enemys. He is sent alone into selectiv missions but yet again he is not alone because all of his minions he keeps inside. Soundwave fights best on his own doing what he does best, to SPY. If the heat turns upp then he will unleash the fury of his minions, Ravage, Laserbeack, Buzzaw, Frenzy , Rumble, Beastbox, Squawltalk, Ratbat, Overkill, Sluggfest and some dino cassettes.

Soundwave should either be some tracking,radar, spying vechiel or something stealthy like those stealth bomber planes. He keeps out of sight and prefers to do it that way.

the king of spy's is soundwave, eat your earth out James Bond ;) 

19. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    This.

20. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Soundwave can't be molded into a minicassette recorder for the Classics/Universe line because of kids who weren't born in the early 80s?

Umm... I was born in '83, but I still know what an 8-track is, much less a record player. Not to mention planes, cars, and military vehicles pre-1980.

The notion that we can't get a Soundwave, or that Hasbro won't make a Soundwave because kids don't know what cassettes are is outright ******ed. Kids today know what an NES is, despite growing up with a GameCube. Kids today, I'm sure, know that DVD players weren't always the way to watch a movie. Hell, for decades anime shows in America had their characters renamed because they supposedly couldn't pronounce Japanese names. Then Naruto comes along and smashes that whole notion instantly. So don't be so quick to shorthand kids simply because of age. If something catches their interest, they will immerse themselves in it. Ask any parent whose kid can't stop talking about their favorite cartoon, or a new hobby they picked up.

Besides, these supposed dumb kids who only believe that life began when they were born have Animated and the movie lines. Classics/Universe is for us Geewun folk.