Soundwave CONFIRMED for Transformers 2

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, May 16, 2008.

1. lookinglasself

lookinglasself crush/destroy

SWEET!!!@!1 Excellent news.

Now one can only hope for Shockwave and the other 5 seekers (atleast some of them).

2. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    This could turn out very good....

or not.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Soundwave's a Decepticon, remember? He doesn't have to have a mouth like the Autobots because you're not supposed to relate to the bad guy. Also, they never "gave" Starscream chicken legs, his movie version always had those legs. Then again, you're obviously one of those people who have already decided to hate Transformers so there's no point.

I'm not totally sold on the idea of Soundwave for TF2, though. I think he would look great, but I just wish they didn't have to use all G1 characters. I was hoping for some variety. Then again, Soundwave's just one of the new 'Cons, who knows how many will show up.

4. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

How silly of me, I forogt. Thank you for pointing out that most obvious of details of story telling. The antagonist should just be an evil monster of pure evil-ness with no relatability who only says "Eat babies".

5. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bonecrusher already has that covered, w00t!

I imagine at the very least his alt mode will have something to do with music and he'll have one or more symbiotes. Anything more than that is unnecessary as long as he's awesome-looking, IMO.

6. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

G1 is what the average person is more familiar with. Granted die hards would like to see other series but the average person needs characters they remember.

7. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Well I'll reserve any enthusiasm I may have for this news until I see Soundwave.
    I'm just afraid he'll look as stupid as Megatron...I just hope I'm wrong.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Such mixed feelings.

On one hand he's always been a really cool character from G1 to Animated so he's a bot that lots and lots of fans want to see. Heck even the fans that can't remember his name were asking me if the tape deck one would be in the first movie.

On the other hand there really isn't anything postive you can say about the Decepticons from the first movie so I've got this really bad fear he will just show up in the movie so some of the humans can kill him off with Soundwave only having one or two lines in the entire movie. Also the problem of the movie look where the jumble of parts and animal look made it hard to know who the character was borrowing a name from. Instead of cool right hand ninja bot of Megatron for all we know he might just be a bigger Frenzy.

But come on why isn't anyone going with this quote from Oric

Die hard, hey that's us since we are grown men and women talking about Transformers over the internet. And hey hasn't one of the big worries been Transformers 2 more of the same only with bigger explosions. I think it's great the writers at least want to do more for the old fans instead of the franchise just being new fans only with only a few Easter eggs for your years of following these characters in their various forms.

It's exciting that we are getting Soundwave and we might be getting Ravage, but where is the talk and excitment about how we might actaully get a Transformers story the second time around. That I might find the second movie watchable even as much as I hate the look of the first film sounds like something to be excited about.

I'm not going so far as to hope to like a Micheal Bay film, but I'd like to at least feel like I broke even with what I payed to watch the film.

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Actually, I'd quite like Corey Burton to do him. I always thought Soundwave and Shockwave should have swapped voices...

Not anymore, he doesn't...

10. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Soundwave yes! I hope Blaster makes the cut.

11. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

That was probably my biggest problem with the Decepticons from the movie, (beside the fact they utterly fail at military strategy, and can be killed by humans). They were nothing more then monsters.
    Barricade and Starscream were the only two interesting Decepticons in the movie and they had almost no lines at all.
    I have no faith in Micheal Bay movies. Now IronMan; that was great movie.

12. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, with a name like Soundwave there's only so much he can be while still making sense. It seems that that was a theme in the last movie for characters like Barricade, Bumblebee, Devastator, Blackout, etc.

13. silentrob

silentrob Bringing the HORROR back!

I'll admit, Soundwave ending up looking like movie Megatron or Starscream scares the heck out of me. I hope they keep his color, face and minions in mind when designing him. Other than that, the alt mode can be whatever.

14. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Am I like the only one who likes Megs and Starscream from the movie?

15. sixshot2K

sixshot2K Soundwave is #1!

Omg Soundwave I loce him he the best!

16. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

*raises hand* I thought they were awesome.

17. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes oh yes

He is in it oh yes

now im really hoping it comes out.

18. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Most people's instinctual reaction was disgust, shock, sadness, loathing, or all of the above. And instincts aren't usually wrong.

Before you go berating me for my use of the word "most", go pull up the first thread that had a picture of Starscream and see the responses.

19. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    That always annoyed me about Gen 1. That's why I LOVE TF: Animated. Starscream was FAAAAAR more sleazy in the beginning, before he became a slapstick zombie.

But Gen1 Megs was the stupidest of idiots. Why the autobots feared him is beyond me, coz one gunshot in his direction, he'd run away, cowering at the club house for Wussie Dictators, along with Skeletor and Cobra Commander.

20. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    sooo sweet!